Page 5 of 62 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Liked 3,793 Times in 1,686 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    I see a new 'Central European Rally' has arrived in the 2023 WRC calendar and by all accounts it was created because Germany couldnt fimance a WRC round on its own.

It just shows how tough the funding situation can be for rallying now and that the UK is not alone.
    Money is not the biggest issue (absence of Deutschland in calendar and including this new project)...

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the sniper View Post
    If only we could split Rally GB between three countries...
    Scotland, England & People's Republic of Yorkshire........Getting forestry access might be a problem.....

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

3. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (1st December 2022),HKSjbg (1st December 2022),the sniper (1st December 2022)
    Liked 9,356 Times in 4,971 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    Money is not the biggest issue (absence of Deutschland in calendar and including this new project)...
    From Dirtfish...

'Rally Germany didn’t have the capital behind it to return to the WRC on its own...

“During the long history of Rally Deutschland which started in 2002, ADAC was always operating with partners,” explained ADAC sports president, Dr Gerd Ennser.

“During that time it was mainly big sponsors or ADAC regional clubs. Then after the COVID break in 2020 and 2021 we started again to look for partners and it turned out that things changed, sometimes it was really difficult to get big sponsors.

As you know in Germany there is no financial support from government. We talked to ADAC regional clubs which supported us before and we learned it would be a bit difficult.'

Liked 403 Times in 251 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    Scotland, England & People's Republic of Yorkshire........Getting forestry access might be a problem.....
    Nah, combine the Riponian, Trackrod (remote tyre service in Pickering), the Malcolm Wilson and the Scottish with the service park in Penrith and a stage at Stang on the way over from Yorkshire to the overnight halt and you’ve got yourself a Rally GB from 3-4 existing clubman events combined

6. Likes: AndyRAC (2nd December 2022),the sniper (1st December 2022)
    Liked 1,530 Times in 658 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HKSjbg View Post
    Nah, combine the Riponian, Trackrod (remote tyre service in Pickering), the Malcolm Wilson and the Scottish with the service park in Penrith and a stage at Stang on the way over from Yorkshire to the overnight halt and you’ve got yourself a Rally GB from 3-4 existing clubman events combined
    I don't think Stang is usable anymore, but definitely doable with Hamsterley!

Liked 403 Times in 251 Posts
    I know this is all hypothetical but isn’t Hamsterley just as unlikely as Stang? Tour of Hamsterley last ran 7 years ago and it was only another 5 since it last used a stage at Stang

From Dirtfish...

'Rally Germany didn’t have the capital behind it to return to the WRC on its own...

“During the long history of Rally Deutschland which started in 2002, ADAC was always operating with partners,” explained ADAC sports president, Dr Gerd Ennser.

“During that time it was mainly big sponsors or ADAC regional clubs. Then after the COVID break in 2020 and 2021 we started again to look for partners and it turned out that things changed, sometimes it was really difficult to get big sponsors.

As you know in Germany there is no financial support from government. We talked to ADAC regional clubs which supported us before and we learned it would be a bit difficult.'
    I have read that article. And believe me, reality is "little bit" different.

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HKSjbg View Post
    I know this is all hypothetical but isn’t Hamsterley just as unlikely as Stang? Tour of Hamsterley last ran 7 years ago and it was only another 5 since it last used a stage at Stang
    I know the ford is no longer usable; it's also a massive MTB forest now; former DH World Champion Danny Hart is from around there.....

I think it's the old 'use them or lose them'.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 9,356 Times in 4,971 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    I have read that article. And believe me, reality is "little bit" different.
    For instance ?

For instance ?
    Most of the things in the article is bullshit. Only correct thing is maybe they have meet last year in Bahrain during Grand Prix...