Page 208 of 281 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210218258 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,080 of 2806

Thread: Hyundai WRT

Liked 2,139 Times in 932 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauri_J View Post
    Dunno If posted but another confirmation about the toxic enviroment inside Hyundai's team.
    "The difference in what they promised and what turned out was very shocking, says Solberg to SVT Sport.

The plan was a two-year contract together in order to invest in the future. But that changed quickly. The plan was that we would go for younger drivers, but we got new management and they only wanted to invest in experienced drivers, says Solberg.

Obviously it was tough. It has not been an easy year in the team. The team is not exactly in a good position and there has not been a good atmosphere in the team. But it's always better to have somewhere to drive, even if it's not always easy or fun. In a way, it's nice to be out, from all the politics and all the s**t that was in the team. But it was still a fantastic opportunity to drive in the world championship."
    wow.. considering that Solberg has been almost always polite and nice in his comments(like Taka).. then there must be a disaster in Hyundai.

Like or dislike Adamo, but he wouldn't have let such stupid headless situation happen..

2. Likes: steve.mandzij (9th October 2022)
    Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    The Hyundai was late, and gave little to no test time for the drivers before homologation.

A difficult car to master, that has been getting better over the year, but still not easy to go fast over a whole rally.
    I think we can be lucky Hyundai is still in the game.

Liked 621 Times in 332 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland View Post
    I think we can be lucky Hyundai is still in the game.
    I agree. Was it Noh who signed up for Rally1 then got sacked? Pardon me, rotated to a new position with Hyundai Motor? Or would that have needed more involvement from Korea?

Liked 491 Times in 189 Posts
    How much can teams change bits and pieces between the seasons? Could a team build a totally new car like they are doing in F1?

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_right View Post
    How much can teams change bits and pieces between the seasons? Could a team build a totally new car like they are doing in F1?
    They can only use homologation jokers which are quite limited.

But I don't know if you can homologate a completely new car?

7. Likes: flat_right (12th October 2022)
    Liked 578 Times in 196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeR View Post
    Like or dislike Adamo, but he wouldn't have let such stupid headless situation happen..
    Erm... I'd beg to differ. Looking at it from the outside, and based on some of the comments in that 'Team Solberg' TV show, I'd say the biggest reason Oliver finds himself in this stupid headless situation, is because of Adamo.

He fell over himself to sign him up, since the rumour was he'd been made an offer by M-Sport, and promoted him into the Rally1 car far too soon, when all the smart money was on him having another year in Rally2 before making the switch.

Whatever his vision for Oliver might have been (if there ever was one), it was either not compatible with what Hyundai wanted, or not communicated clearly to the team upon him 'leaving' in December.

Then, of course, he 'left'. What's happened since then, while not directly his responsibility, was set in motion before he departed Alzenau. For sure, someone could and should have stepped in to manage the situation better. But the die was cast by whatever stupid contract Adamo signed with a kid who everyone hoped would be another Rovanpera, but left to fend for himself in a team pulling itself apart.

9. Likes: cali (10th October 2022),pettersolberg29 (11th October 2022)
    Liked 2,139 Times in 932 Posts
    Sordo confirmed for Japan in third car

11. Likes: cali (10th October 2022)
    Liked 591 Times in 314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ouvreur View Post
    Erm... I'd beg to differ. Looking at it from the outside, and based on some of the comments in that 'Team Solberg' TV show, I'd say the biggest reason Oliver finds himself in this stupid headless situation, is because of Adamo.

He fell over himself to sign him up, since the rumour was he'd been made an offer by M-Sport, and promoted him into the Rally1 car far too soon, when all the smart money was on him having another year in Rally2 before making the switch.

Whatever his vision for Oliver might have been (if there ever was one), it was either not compatible with what Hyundai wanted, or not communicated clearly to the team upon him 'leaving' in December.

Then, of course, he 'left'. What's happened since then, while not directly his responsibility, was set in motion before he departed Alzenau. For sure, someone could and should have stepped in to manage the situation better. But the die was cast by whatever stupid contract Adamo signed with a kid who everyone hoped would be another Rovanpera, but left to fend for himself in a team pulling itself apart.
    adamo was the least person wanting solberg in 3rd car other than snow rounds. remember the outburst after kenya (you'll find it in another same solberg tv)

13. Likes: cali (10th October 2022)
    Liked 578 Times in 196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wyler View Post
    adamo was the least person wanting solberg in 3rd car other than snow rounds. remember the outburst after kenya (you'll find it in another same solberg tv)
    If that's the case, it's more proof that he's the man who set Solberg on this stupid headless course.

What's the point signing a young guy to a 2 year contract, with a promise to drive a Rally1 car in 2022, if you tear his head off every time the pressure YOU apply gets to him, and he makes a mistake? Simply put, Adamo's mind changed like the wind. One minute he's the next big thing (after Arctic), then all of a sudden he's a shit, not worthy of even driving the Rally2 (after Kenya). He's literally the last person on earth I'd entrust a young driver's development to. Compare and contrast with the way Toyota have brought Kalle to the top of the sport.

I don't blame him alone. There's clearly more to it than one man's hasty decision, and the chances to correct the course / heal the relationship have all been missed. But this train wreck was set in motion by Adamo.

15. Likes: pettersolberg29 (11th October 2022)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ouvreur View Post
    Compare and contrast with the way Toyota have brought Kalle to the top of the sport.
    Also remember that Kalle was a WRC2(Pro) champion when coming to Toyota in 2020. Toyota took a little bit of a chance letting him drive the third car on every round, putting maybe some pressure on him.