Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
Firstly , I don't understand your first line , unless you're actually telling me not to post .
If that is the case , pi$$-off .

In your second paragraph , you are wrong about the money , as the number of points directly affects the entry fees .

Another thing you perhaps need to understand is that Paddy said that the call was about an imminent threat to his own position , as Vettel was approaching very quickly . Lewis needed the win .
You have to remember that (very skillfully , I might add) Lewis was going five seconds slower , but going fast enough in the sections where a following car might get a look in .
That's got to be incredibly hard , but it's a very dangerous game , and his engineer and Paddy needed to remind him what was at stake .

Carefully worded as an "instruction" , and not an "order" , they expected it ignored , but noted .

And , as Lewis said afterwards , he didn't upset the one-two , and didn't cause any crash , so no problem .
And , now Nico is saying put it to bed as well , as he doesn't fault Hamilton at all for doing all he could to stop him .

Any talk of a Hamilton sack is utter garbage , in my opinion .
If the driver in the other same car (the best car on the grid no less) can't get anywhere near to try to overtake, I'd like to know how the chuff anyone else was gonna do it. If Paddy couldn't work that out for himself, he has no place to be in that team calling those team orders.

Lewis wanted Nico to be overtaken by two cars, then he'd just feck off into the distance and win by 30s or so......

Didn't happen of course, Seb was worried about a German backlash, Danny Ric was nowhere, and Verstappen had other cars to pass which took the best out of the tyres.

Still, Lewis tried something. Win some, lose some.