PDA

View Full Version : 32. Internationale Jänner Rallye 2015

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

WUff1
12th November 2014, 13:37
Itinerary is out. Last - infamous - stage "Aisttal" is shortened to 21,10 km, otherwise no changes in stages compared to last years.

http://www.jaennerrallye.at/en/rallye-guide.html

Mirek
12th November 2014, 14:14
Why infamous? There is always so many dramas and rollercoster changes there but that shall be positive or?

Jarek Z
12th November 2014, 15:21
Yeah, what's so infamous about it?

EightGear
12th November 2014, 16:05
I think you guys don't get the exact meaning of 'infamous.' ;)

It kind of means 'daunting, challenging.'

WUff1
12th November 2014, 17:31
Yes, that I meant - challenging, being feared ;)

Fiat-131-Abarth
15th November 2014, 18:35
The regulations have been published on the rally website. The entries are opening on Monday and are closing on Dec 14th. RRC with a 30mm restrictor may enter the rally.

RS
15th November 2014, 19:35
What is the current restrictor size for RRC?

mousti
15th November 2014, 20:33
What is the current restrictor size for RRC?
30 already I thought..

WUff1
16th November 2014, 08:34
I thought RRC cars are not allowed anymore in ERC 2015?

RS
16th November 2014, 11:22

Maybe they can drive but not score next year? Which is not a system I like..

It seems RRC are still the favoured option over R5 cars amongst drivers, I hope that Skoda will be able to change that.

Fiat-131-Abarth
16th November 2014, 12:09
I read the regulations again and noticed, that only the german version of the regulations have been published yet an the haven't confirmed by the FIA until now. Maybe that's the clue.

PLuto
16th November 2014, 12:42

RRC cars will not be allowed in ERC.

WUff1
16th November 2014, 15:32
So the organziers probably are not up to date to new rules.

Fiat-131-Abarth
19th November 2014, 17:20
The entries will close in around 25 days (Dec 14th) an until now there are no by the FIA approved regulations.

WUff1
19th November 2014, 20:26
hmmm ... let´s see what they write of tyre rules in English rally guide:

S2000-Ralye 2L normaly aspirated and S2000-Ralye 1.6L Turbo
(App. J - article 254A):
- rims with maximum dimension of 5.5' x 15' or 7” x 15” complying with
article 254A-5.5
- rims for asphalt ralies as defined in article 254A-5.5

So they still talk of RRC-cars with 1.6L turbo machine. Do they sleep ??

Fiat-131-Abarth
19th November 2014, 21:00
hmmm ... let´s see what they write of tyre rules in English rally guide:

So they still talk of RRC-cars with 1.6L turbo machine. Do they sleep ??

Would should they do in your opinion? According to the rules which are still in force, RRCs may start in ERC. It is not very professional by the FIA, when it is not possible to publish a calendar and possible new rules of a series six weeks before the new season starts.

PLuto
19th November 2014, 21:41
Janner organisers prepared their event regulations according to 2014 ERC regulations. It is still only rally guide, nothing mandatory.

WRC1
20th November 2014, 07:55
Janner organisers prepared their event regulations according to 2014 ERC regulations. It is still only rally guide, nothing mandatory.

i am sure if you send them (organisers of jänner rallye) the 2015 ERC regulations they would prepare the right event regulations...BUT...hmmm

PLuto
20th November 2014, 12:50
i am sure if you send them (organisers of jänner rallye) the 2015 ERC regulations they would prepare the right event regulations...BUT...hmmm

Mr. Uwe Schmidt is part of the team who is preparing regulations for ERC 2015.

all4rallye
20th November 2014, 15:51
hello. somebody knows why there is no CZ Championship??

is any CZ Driver planing to start in this case?

liposh
20th November 2014, 17:08
There was some agreement with Czech motorsport association and it lasted three years (2012-14) Jaenner rally organizers paid for being in Czech calender, but czech drivers were not happy (it was uneconomical) so there wasn´t any reason to continue. Look who was there in 2011 and you will get an idea. Plus few more names from czech top. Pluto will tell you more for sure.

Mirek
20th November 2014, 18:07
hello. somebody knows why there is no CZ Championship??

is any CZ Driver planing to start in this case?

The main reason is the date. It's really big problem for drivers to have budget sorted before the end of the year especially when the first Czech event takes place only four months later in April. A lot of people also prefer to stay with their families over the Christmas holidays and New Year's Eve instead of sitting in a recce car writing pacenotes.

The other issue is that for Jänner drivers who want to succeed need gravel suspension parts and brakes. As You probably know Czech championship is asphalt only and therefore Jänner means a special investment just for one event.

For both reasons I think there won't be much a difference in number of Czech crews on the start as those who like the event will start anyway and the rest mostly skipped it even when it was part of Czech championship.

Fiat-131-Abarth
20th November 2014, 23:27
According to the actual regulations published on the website, RRCs are not longer eligable to enter the ERC field of the Jänner Rallye.

Fiat-131-Abarth
21st November 2014, 08:31
For both reasons I think there won't be much a difference in number of Czech crews on the start as those who like the event will start anyway and the rest mostly skipped it even when it was part of Czech championship.

As RRCs are not allowed any more, I don't think, we will see Pech.

WUff1
21st November 2014, 08:36
As RRCs are not allowed any more, I don't think, we will see Pech.

Yes, and also because it´s not part of CZ-championship anymore.

Because of the same reasons I suppose we also won´t see Odlozilik, but maybe Tarabus (if he does ERC again next year), Orsak not sure (skipped Jänner already this year).

liposh
21st November 2014, 10:52
Odlozilik has Fiesta R5, I expect him to be there. Most probably also Tarabus will be there. My foresee is also Orsak won´t be there, but not because he skipped last year but because of private reasons.

PLuto
21st November 2014, 15:15
I am in discussion with czech drivers and lot of them is thinking about start or not start. For most of them, biggest problem is the date, like usually. Second problem is weather, some drivers wants to start only in case of snow. But during last years the snow condition was not so good. So we will see what will be the decisions...

Fiat-131-Abarth
24th November 2014, 22:26
Grössing and Neubauer both want to enter the rally.

cosmin_sb
27th November 2014, 16:50
Simone Tempestini want to compete at Janner Rally, don't know what car.

stefans2000
30th November 2014, 11:14
Raimund Baumschlager Skoda S2000, Kajetan Kajetanowicz Ford R5

Cian Donnellan
1st December 2014, 14:38
Hey there, is there anyone on here that will be travelling to this rally from around the Klagenfurt area of Austria that would be able to give me a spin?? Im an Irish rally fan studying over her so have no car to travel to rallies :-(

RAS007
1st December 2014, 23:37
RRC cars will not be allowed in ERC.

Please forgive ignorance, but why is this?

CWJ
2nd December 2014, 09:05
Because works teams in by regulations restricted R5 no longer want to loose against downgrated WRC.

RS
2nd December 2014, 09:38
Because works teams in by regulations restricted R5 no longer want to loose against downgrated WRC.

Do RRCs cost more to run than R5 as well as to buy?

tommeke_B
2nd December 2014, 10:10
Do RRCs cost more to run than R5 as well as to buy?

Yes. I think the price of an R5 goes between 210 000 and 240 000 euros, while a 1.6T WRC/RRC certainly won't go below 300 000 euros at the moment. Running cost is one big question mark of course. I think the running cost varies a lot even for Fiesta R5, depends on the strategy of the team. Some cars are almost completely rebuilt between every event, some do it cheaper.

liposh
2nd December 2014, 10:24
Few months ago there was a discussion and somebody said running costs of (healthy) R5 are nearly similar to S2000 N/A because you have to rebuild and repair R5 more often...but still don´t know the costs for "RRC".

Mirek
2nd December 2014, 12:32
Running cost... engine rebuild of Fabia S2000 or 207 S2000 costs little more than one third of Fiesta RRC, similar situation used to be with Mini RRC. Also for example Fiesta WRC transmission needed a scheduled rebuild every 400 km according to official buletin from M-Sport! I checked this quite a long time a go so it might have changed but definitely the running cost of RRC is muuuch higher than S2000 or R5.

PLuto
2nd December 2014, 17:51
Vojtech Stajf is thinking about start on Janner Rallye

Ounin
3rd December 2014, 09:43
This whole running cost and banning RRC issue in ERC and Jänner is all about M-Sport's wallet isn't it? I think their sales department is doing an extremely good job, for years. It reminds me of the great IRC years when they created the RRC between the S2000 and the WRC segment, for the national rally championships where many gentlemen drivers bought some extra boost to level up with the real talents. Business opportunities they say at M-Sport...Other manufacturers followed. Now, there is this R5+ thing which I don't like at all, it's there 2 years too early and it is quite difficult and pretty unfair for many national teams who are on the verge of big investments; they have to sell their S2000 to keep up, or they have to sell the WRC which is difficult because these cars will also being banned on national grounds pretty soon. So, it is new R5 car, a second hand R5, or an R5 plus...too confusing. Malcolm W smiles

RS
3rd December 2014, 10:33
RRC cars should never have existed in the first place. As expensive as WRC cars but with a performance a bit better than S2000 they helped to kill that class and pushed up costs.

RS
3rd December 2014, 11:08
Autosport.com reports that if Kubica continues in WRC next year he will contest Janner again: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117016

PLuto
3rd December 2014, 12:15
This whole running cost and banning RRC issue in ERC and Jänner is all about M-Sport's wallet isn't it? I think their sales department is doing an extremely good job, for years. It reminds me of the great IRC years when they created the RRC between the S2000 and the WRC segment, for the national rally championships where many gentlemen drivers bought some extra boost to level up with the real talents. Business opportunities they say at M-Sport...Other manufacturers followed. Now, there is this R5+ thing which I don't like at all, it's there 2 years too early and it is quite difficult and pretty unfair for many national teams who are on the verge of big investments; they have to sell their S2000 to keep up, or they have to sell the WRC which is difficult because these cars will also being banned on national grounds pretty soon. So, it is new R5 car, a second hand R5, or an R5 plus...too confusing. Malcolm W smiles

This R5+ is big shit, which dont have international homologation and I hope it will never have it. It is special car from M-Sport which has nothing to do with R5 class (except that base car was made from R5).

br21
3rd December 2014, 12:48
R5+ is completely separate project, MSport is not trying to homologate it, no chance as it's not build according to any rules. They just make that kit to fulfill their customers needs. And that is what I fully understand. Normal R5 is pretty weak in terms of power/torque so I can fully understand that some people would like to have more fun. They use those cars in events where they run in open class or some sponsor co-drives/shows, etc. For MSport it's a chance to earn some more money, customers are happy, running cost of such car is not a lot bigger than normal R5.
RRC is completely different thing. Running cost of it is very similar to WRC car (as it is WRC car). So around 3 times more than S2000/R5.

Mirek
3rd December 2014, 15:19
Exactly. I have no problem with R5+. It's intended for championships which doesn't run according to FIA rules and if the rules allow them everything is absolutely ok. For M-Sport it's good thing too as they very small extra cost in development from R5 and in the same time they can offer modern affordable car with higher chances against old WRC cars running in these championships, also cars which are more fun to drive than normal R5.

hari
3rd December 2014, 18:30
From todays World Motor Sport Council:

From 1 January 2016, R5 cars will be recognised as the top competition car in the FIA European Rally Championship (ERC) and the S2000-Rally 1.6 turbo car will no longer be eligible in these events.

http://www.fia.com/node/9172

Mirek
3rd December 2014, 18:32
Just discussing this with PLuto. Looks like everybody is surprised with the final decision...

WUff1
3rd December 2014, 18:39
From todays World Motor Sport Council:

From 1 January 2016, R5 cars will be recognised as the top competition car in the FIA European Rally Championship (ERC) and the S2000-Rally 1.6 turbo car will no longer be eligible in these events.

http://www.fia.com/node/9172

Unbelievable .... they kill ERC. Do they want an exclusive League??

Mirek
3rd December 2014, 18:43
Why does that kill ERC?

stefans2000
3rd December 2014, 19:48
pech start jänner rallye, tarabus, tlustak most likely valousek and skoda factory team.

heard that maybe sebastian ogier as a guest starter as Prokob starts 2011 when there is snow

PLuto
3rd December 2014, 19:53
pech start jänner rallye, tarabus, tlustak most likely valousek and skoda factory team.

heard that maybe sebastian ogier as a guest starter as Prokob starts 2011 when there is snow

I think you are too optimistic...

Fiat-131-Abarth
3rd December 2014, 20:21
Autosport.com reports that if Kubica continues in WRC next year he will contest Janner again: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117016

Which car should he use, as RRCs are not allowed any longer? I think it is hardly possible for him to drive a S2000 or R5 car, if the can't adapt the gearbox like they did in the Fiesta wrc.

liposh
3rd December 2014, 20:47
See previous page of this thread ;-) Posts 45-48

Sulland
4th December 2014, 01:03
Unbelievable .... they kill ERC. Do they want an exclusive League??

They chose correct with S2000 in IRC. That became a huge success in a few years. It became more about the driver than the car, since all could buy one.
Same with R5, so why wont it work this time?

PLuto
4th December 2014, 01:26
They chose correct with S2000 in IRC. That became a huge success in a few years. It became more about the driver than the car, since all could buy one.
Same with R5, so why wont it work this time?

R5 should help a lot. But IRC had one very big advantage - they have made championship for cars, which were fighting only there. After this big success FIA started with SWRC... Now we have two different international championships for R5 - ERC and WRC2...

WUff1
4th December 2014, 06:07
Why does that kill ERC?

Sorry, RRC are still allowed 2015?! That´s surprising, but good.

dodge33cymru
4th December 2014, 06:43
Why the hell would they ban S2000? If they're not as competitive as the replacement R5s anyway then there's literally no reason other than weeding out talented drivers with less funding in an attempt to sell one or two more unreliable R5s. Shocking decision that has no sporting basis or interest whatsoever.

Franky
4th December 2014, 07:28
Why the hell would they ban S2000? If they're not as competitive as the replacement R5s anyway then there's literally no reason other than weeding out talented drivers with less funding in an attempt to sell one or two more unreliable R5s. Shocking decision that has no sporting basis or interest whatsoever.

Please read more carefully. S2000 cars won't be banned. And as it's been pointed out several times already S2000 1.6T is the correct title for M-Sport's RRC and Prodrive's SPC.

dodge33cymru
4th December 2014, 08:01
Sorry, my fault - been a long night and it's 6am; thanks for the correction.

Ounin
4th December 2014, 10:22
Okay that makes it clear isn't it! There will be a great fight between the R5 generation and the last upgraded S2000 cars on the ERC 2015. And we can expect the Skoda R5 deliverd around Ypres? And The engineers at Peugeot are working their butts out get everything sorted before the Jänner.

tommeke_B
4th December 2014, 10:24
Fabia R5 is planned to be homologated in March, so yes, the car will be there before Ypres. ;)

pantealex
4th December 2014, 16:55
www.printsport.fi is coming to Jänner, probably with some WRC2 driver(s) because their program after Jänner is WRC Monte (+Arctic Rally Finland) and WRC Sweden.
They have Fiesta R5 and two Fiesta S2000 for rent.

from their webpage:
After having a successful and very intense season 2014 Printsport Racing is ready for another as team is preparing cars for next international events. For example Printsport Racing start its' season in Austrian Jänner rally and then heads towards WRC season opener Monte Carlo and then to Arctic Circle for 50th Arctic Lapland Rally and WRC Rally Sweden. All events includes lots of travelling and test & development work.

In season 2015 Printsport Racing drivers for success with new and old drivers in Finnish Rally Championship, World Rally Championship and several other international events. Team offers Ford Fiesta R5 and two Ford Fiesta S2000 cars for drivers who wants to measure their speed with top cars. All cars are rented with specified test and service package. HOX HOX! There are still one Ford Fiesta S2000 car available for Arctic Lapland Rally adventure!

makinen_fan
4th December 2014, 17:05
Any clue of who is driving their cars?

rp
4th December 2014, 17:14
Any clue of who is driving their cars?

Probably Kruuda will continue with Printsport...

liposh
4th December 2014, 17:17
Karl Kruuda drives for (with) Printsport for example. I would personally bet on Karl Kruuda training for Monte. It makes sense. I don´t think there are more drivers in Printsport on this level of competition.

WUff1
4th December 2014, 17:41
Sounds good, Jänner Rallye is missing great active northern drivers (besides Hänninen 2012) for a long time.

CWJ
5th December 2014, 10:09
What about Ole Christian Veiby think he could come as Monte test too.

all4rallye
5th December 2014, 19:01
what about the factory teams? are they planing to go to janner? (Skoda, Peugeot)
also about pech?

WUff1
5th December 2014, 19:52
what about the factory teams? are they planing to go to janner? (Skoda, Peugeot)
also about pech?

Peugeot for sure not, and even Skoda would be a suprise after non-starting 2014. Don´t know anything of Pech, but I think he would only start if he does more ERC in 2015.

Andre Oliveira
5th December 2014, 20:43
RRC will be punnished on restrictor on ERC 2015. Not sure about the competitive health of the car.

WUff1
6th December 2014, 11:17
also about pech?

Skoda not starting at Jänner (and not even at Liepaja), see R5-thread posts 2281-2283.

all4rallye
6th December 2014, 13:55
not good.. and the austrian topdrivers?
baumschlager, aigner, neubauer, harrach, grössing??
would be nice to see also the austrian guys battling for the win.

liposh
6th December 2014, 14:58
Peugeot for sure not, and even Skoda would be a suprise after non-starting 2014. Don´t know anything of Pech, but I think he would only start if he does more ERC in 2015.

There are lot of mysteries about Vaclav Pech these days. He is like a Stig. Some say that he eats little children for a brunch, some say that he is road pirate (see http://youtu.be/Rmo4lynYQDo?t=3m10s ) , some say that he has budget fot both WRC and ERC full calendar, but all we know is, he is called Vaclav Pech :-D

Mirek
6th December 2014, 15:30
Last 15 years or so he has been doing all the time the same. I don't expect any surprise from him...

Andre Oliveira
6th December 2014, 16:28
Run with one Mini (restrictor penalized) on Jänner is not good option (winner point of view).

PLuto
7th December 2014, 14:22
Skoda not starting at Jänner (and not even at Liepaja), see R5-thread posts 2281-2283.

Skoda not starting at Janner with S2000 car :)

PLuto
7th December 2014, 14:23
Run with one Mini (restrictor penalized) on Jänner is not good option (winner point of view).

Nobody knows what will be with restrictor...

Fiat-131-Abarth
7th December 2014, 14:24
Skoda not starting at Janner with S2000 car :)

But Kopecky with course car????

stefans2000
8th December 2014, 11:59

where they have the info that Peugeot will not start ??

WUff1
8th December 2014, 13:37
where they have the info that Peugeot will not start ??

Because they were starting the season in Latvia in the last 2 years skipping Jänner, because we don´t even know if they continue as a works team at all, if the continue with Sainteloc, and we don´t know who are the drivers in 2015. Time is getting short, entries close on Sunday.

Time is slowly getting short for Kubica, too. We´ll see.

stefans2000
8th December 2014, 16:20
Because they were starting the season in Latvia in the last 2 years skipping Jänner, because we don´t even know if they continue as a works team at all, if the continue with Sainteloc, and we don´t know who are the drivers in 2015. Time is getting short, entries close on Sunday.

Time is slowly getting short for Kubica, too. We´ll see.

okay then they have no direct info but only speculate.

peugeot will know more what they have 2015 and not decide in December. :D

at kubica it was last year the same!! faith that shall be heard next week new. :confused:

are there any other rumors about driver czech republic europe ?? :)

WRCKE
8th December 2014, 18:23
who can help me with the stages from the janner rally? frederik.sohier@gmail.com

thx

wwbroe
9th December 2014, 08:14
Frederic,

You can take a look over here: http://www.rally-maps.com/map#%7B%22c%22%3A%5B48.437357905073625%2C14.676331 579685211%5D%2C%22z%22%3A11%2C%22m%22%3A%22roadmap %22%2C%22w%22%3A%22e657%22%7D

Edit: but i see now that only QS is in there. Sorry about that.

wwbroe
9th December 2014, 08:22
On the official site of Janner Rally there are overview maps of the stages, but only detailed map of shakedown. Maybe some of our Austrian members can help you out.

wwbroe
9th December 2014, 08:38
However, i took another look at their website and saw that stages are almost all the same as last year. http://www.jaennerrallye.at/uploads/media/ANHANG_I.II_Zeitplan_im__Vergleich_zu_2014.pdf

So if you look again at rally-maps and select last year's Janner Rally, you will find all stages. Only one is shortened by 3,9 km at stage end.

WUff1
9th December 2014, 13:26
However, i took another look at their website and saw that stages are almost all the same as last year. http://www.jaennerrallye.at/uploads/media/ANHANG_I.II_Zeitplan_im__Vergleich_zu_2014.pdf

So if you look again at rally-maps and select last year's Janner Rally, you will find all stages. Only one is shortened by 3,9 km at stage end.

Last Stage "Pregarten Tragwein Aisttal" (run twice) is shortened by 3,9 km. Alle the other stages are the same. If you buy a ticket (Rallye pass) you also get detailed plans of the stages. There´s hardly any way to get to the stages without a ticket if not exactly knowing the area, so you´d have to buy one anyway.

I´d recommend at any rate shakedown, stage 1+4 (Pierbach, the famous hairpins near the end of the stage - official viewers point) on day one and stage 13+16 (Arena Königswiesen, you can see big parts of the stage from one official viewers point at the highest point of the stage) on day two, the rest is a matter of taste.

If you come and stay at the Linz area, plan some extra time to get to the Service Park at Freistadt, there is still motorway construction there. Traffic jams in the city of Freistadt are a bit less hefty now, because Freistadt bypass has openend in November.

Mirek
9th December 2014, 17:23
The S10 motorway around Freistadt is all opened or only some parts? I will drive through there in February for sure (from Weitra to Linz).

WUff1
9th December 2014, 18:03
The S10 motorway around Freistadt is all opened or only some parts? I will drive through there in February for sure (from Weitra to Linz).

Freistadt bypass motorway is all open now - when coming from Weitra you can drive on motorway S10 directly from B38 north of Freistadt. South of Freistadt motorway is ending at the moment after 6 km´ - and starting again at Unterweitersdorf - this part will open in 2015.

Fiat-131-Abarth
9th December 2014, 18:06
The S10 motorway around Freistadt is all ropened or only some parts? I will drive through there in February for sure (from Weitra to Linz).

A part of the motorway (from Freistadt South to Freistadt North) has been opened One month ago. So you need not drive through Freistadt any longer. The rest of the motorway from Freistadt South to Unterweitetsdorf (around 15 km) will be finished and opened during 2015 - before regional elections.

Mirek
9th December 2014, 18:16
Thanks guys!

WRCstratos
9th December 2014, 23:16
In case anyone needs detailed maps, here an overlay for Google Earth:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3a0z3n5rjyz43tu/ERC%20J%C3%A4nnerrallye%20%284-6%20J%C3%A4nner%29.kmz?dl=0

liposh
10th December 2014, 08:41
Jaromir Tarabus will be doing Janner rallye . In this moment nothing else confirmed about his plan for 2015.

Fiat-131-Abarth
10th December 2014, 20:04
On the rallye-magazin.de forum I read, that Orsak can't start because of problems with his driving licence. According to this post he should have been involved in an accident where he was influenced by alcohol. This incident should already been the reason, why he wasn't starting the Jänner Rallye'14.

Now I have following questions:
1) Is this rumour true?
2) If it is true, why was he able to compete in rallies all over Europe, but not in Austria?

liposh
10th December 2014, 20:45
You know, it is possible he did it. Our TV Nova said many things about him, but nobody in Czech republic believes neither TV Nova nor any other Czech TVs or Newspapers because they are all lying, so who knows? :-) The reason why he wasn´t in Austria is it was soon after the crash. (he definitelly crashed, but only he knows what happened there)

Mirek
10th December 2014, 20:45
Yes, it is true. I don't remember when exactly it happened but he was injured for some time so he could not drive anything.

Fiat-131-Abarth
10th December 2014, 20:56
Thanks for the answer.
But is it true, that Jarin will not do the 2015 Edition of the Jänner Rallye.

liposh
10th December 2014, 21:22
If only half of the news about Jarin are true than he is in veeeery big trouble. Much more bigger than you can imagine. So his start there is nearly impossible.

PLuto
10th December 2014, 21:29
Thanks for the answer.
But is it true, that Jarin will not do the 2015 Edition of the Jänner Rallye.

For sure Jarin will not start on Janner Rallye, same like other members of Orsak Rallysport. It is very early and team decided to give free holidays during Christmas and New Year Eve to mechanics...

Fiat-131-Abarth
13th December 2014, 22:35
Entries are closing in around 13 hours. Looking forward to Wednesday who has entered the rally.

WUff1
14th December 2014, 13:40
Entry deadline is postponed to 21.12.

http://www.jaennerrallye.at/fileadmin/user_upload/2015/de/Verlaengerung_Nennschluss_dt..pdf

Think this is because of some drivers who´d probably like to start (e.g. Kajto, maybe Kubica) are still in negotiations for 2015. We´ll see.

evoIX
14th December 2014, 17:41
Entry deadline is postponed to 21.12.

http://www.jaennerrallye.at/fileadmin/user_upload/2015/de/Verlaengerung_Nennschluss_dt..pdf

Think this is because of some drivers who´d probably like to start (e.g. Kajto, maybe Kubica) are still in negotiations for 2015. We´ll see.
or not enough entries?

WUff1
14th December 2014, 18:00
or not enough entries?

Probably both of it I suppose.

Andre Oliveira
15th December 2014, 13:51
Renato Pita - Hugo Magalhães - Peugeot 208 R2 confirmed

liposh
15th December 2014, 14:23
I think Hirschi with Peugeot 208 T16 R5 will be there too. He is already registered for "ERC priority", so it seems logical to me. Moreover the surface would be quite familiar for him and it is near to Switzerland.

PLuto
15th December 2014, 14:25
I think Hirschi with Peugeot 208 T16 R5 will be there too. He is already registered for "ERC priority", so it seems logical to me. Moreover the surface would be quite familiar for him and it is near to Switzerland.

He will be in Janner.

Andre Oliveira
15th December 2014, 20:00
Someone notice this before? http://www.jaennerrallye.at/en/driver/regulations.html

4.4. Eligible cars:
ERC Classes

RC2

S2000-Rally 2.0 Atmospheric
Group R5 (VR5)
Group N over 2000ccm (former N4)

RGT

Group RGT cars

RC3

Group A over 1600cc up to 2000cc
Super 1600
R2C (atmo over 1600cc up to 2000cc - VR2C and turbo over 1067cc and up to
1333cc – VRC2)
R3 (atmo over 1600cc up to 2000cc - VR3C and turbo over 1067cc and up to
1333cc – VRC3)
R3 (turbo/ up to 1620cc / nominal VR3T)
R3 (diesel up to 2000cc / nominal VR3D)

RC4

Group A up tp 1600cc
R2 (atmo over 1390cc up to 1600cc VR2B and turbo over 927cc and up to
1067cc – VR2B)
Kit Car up to 1600cc
Group N over 1600cc up to 2000

RC5

Group N up to 1600cc
R1 (normal aspirated engines up to 1600cc - VR1A/VR1B and turbo up to
1067cc – VR1A/VR1B)

But....

7.1. Eligible rims (authorized rims)

Group N4 (App. J - article 254):
- rims with maximum dimension of 7” x 15'' complying with article 254-7.6
- rims for asphalt rallies as defined in article 254-7.6

S2000-Rallye 2L normaly aspirated and S2000-Rallye 1.6L Turbo (App. J - article 254A):
- rims with maximum dimension of 6.5'' x 15'' or 7” x 15” complying with article 254A-5.5
- rims for asphalt rallies as defined in article 254A-5.5

PLuto
15th December 2014, 21:06
This is nothing special, regulations were published BEFORE meeting of FIA WMSC. S2000 1,6 Turbo cars will normally start...

PLuto
15th December 2014, 23:08
Jaromir Tarabus was today testing before Janner Rallye. Gallery from test is here: http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=16899

http://www.autosport.cz/img/clanky/f17694719d86efe196bf64a8824d42e6.jpg (http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=16899)

WUff1
16th December 2014, 09:26
Lefebvre starting at Jänner.

Also Peugeot works team entered, drivers are still a secret.

Baumschlager starting with a "new" Fabia S2000 ex Ogier (he needed an additional car because of Kremer doing WRC2).

http://www.nachrichten.at/sport/mehr_sport/Baumschlager-will-bei-Jaennerrallye-im-Auto-des-Weltmeisters-starten;art109,1562589

EDIT: In the above article it´s also written about problems with tyre management, some drivers hope that this will be solved this week and are still waiting with entering, especially some Czech top drivers.

RS
16th December 2014, 09:58
Good news about Peugeot. How many cars?

EightGear
16th December 2014, 10:17
Lefebvre has really got an amazing program this season. Who would have thought that last year when he lost the 208 cup in France.

WUff1
16th December 2014, 10:18
Good news about Peugeot. How many cars?

I don´t know, but at least two cars, it is written of drivers

RS
16th December 2014, 11:30
I don´t know, but at least two cars, it is written of drivers

Is Lefebvre one of them or is he with a separate team?

WUff1
16th December 2014, 11:34
Is Lefebvre one of them or is he with a separate team?

According to media article Lefebvre should be separate.

Tom206wrc
16th December 2014, 12:52
In a 208 T16 or DS3 R5 about Lefèbvre :confused:

Ounin
16th December 2014, 12:56
Lefebvre has really got an amazing program this season. Who would have thought that last year when he lost the 208 cup in France.

He lost it against Abbring! Only big difference: PSA is not a Dutch company. The looser takes it all now... but still, Lefebvre is great talent and deserves all chances.
Peugeot entering Jänner is good news but expected, when Abbring is there he has deal with Peugeot for 2015. If not, he has a deal in WRC (he said he had two offers is WRC), or, bad case scenario, no deal.

WUff1
16th December 2014, 13:19
in a 208 t16 or ds3 r5 about lefèbvre :confused:

ds3 r5

Ounin
16th December 2014, 13:45
With PH Sport...?
They probably do a 'Kubica'; using Jänner as a training for the Monte.

WUff1
16th December 2014, 15:12
With PH Sport...?
They probably do a 'Kubica'; using Jänner as a training for the Monte.

Think so too. This year Jänner seems like a big Monte traning, with Lefebvre, Printsport (probably Kruuda), Hirschi, S. Tempestini etc.

mousti
16th December 2014, 15:20
Then it would be smarter to let Kubica start with DS3 RRC..

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

WUff1
16th December 2014, 16:03
I read Kubica is still dealing with Citroen/PH Sport about the rallies he´d do. It was not the news of 3rd December, but of the last days. So it could happen the weird situation, that PH Sport is at Jänner, but no Kubica who´d liked to do Jänner. I don´t think he´s on the entry list for now, otherwise the organizers would have mentioned it in the above linked news article

Ounin
16th December 2014, 16:04
Nah, no. Purpose is to test the confugarion of the coming Monte participation : car/team/driver.

And if Kubica is driving the Monte with a Citroen RRC , you've got yourself a huuuuge slip of the tongue mate ;)

WUff1
16th December 2014, 17:48
We´ll see ;-)

PLuto
16th December 2014, 18:11
If Kubica will do Janner, it can be only Fiesta RRC od DS 3 RRC. If he will do Monte, it will be with WRC...

mousti
16th December 2014, 22:03
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=957382377623520

Rally-Addict publishes this now. I still think like Pluto says it will be with RRC, WRC is his priority so it would be not clever to start with R5.

PLuto
16th December 2014, 22:12
And I dont think that there is homologated R5 car with "special shifting" which Robert needs...

Ounin
17th December 2014, 09:11
If it's true it would be great Kubica and Lefevbre together in same car / team , question here will be, who of the two is the bench mark ???? The Kubica gearshift in WRC was no problem cause of an approval by all teams, think this will be same in ERC. You Austrians are going to have an excellent Jänner ahead. Hope entry list will be published soon with more news about Peugeot.

WUff1
17th December 2014, 09:38
If it's true it would be great Kubica and Lefevbre together in same car / team , question here will be, who of the two is the bench mark ???? The Kubica gearshift in WRC was no problem cause of an approval by all teams, think this will be same in ERC. You Austrians are going to have an excellent Jänner ahead. Hope entry list will be published soon with more news about Peugeot.

Entry list is published today at noon with press conference - but it will only be the actual entries, entry deadline has been extended to sunday.

RS
17th December 2014, 10:05
Does that mean we can expect an announcement from Peugeot about their plans soon?

WUff1
17th December 2014, 10:33
Does that mean we can expect an announcement from Peugeot about their plans soon?

Think so, yes.

liposh
17th December 2014, 11:26
Press conference before entry deadline makes me smile :-) OK, why not?

hari
17th December 2014, 11:50
Entrylist Jänner Rallye 2015 as per 17.12.2014 - entries close on 21.12.2014:

http://www.rallye-oem.at/orm/nennliste_jaenner_rallye_2015.pdf

http://www.ir7.at/j15nenn.jpg

Tom206wrc
17th December 2014, 11:51
Can't wait to see that entrylist :cool:

Tom206wrc
17th December 2014, 11:55
Entrylist Jänner Rallye 2015 as per 17.12.2014 - entries close on 21.12.2014:

http://www.ir7.at/j15nenn.jpg

But I see only one entry for Peugeot-Sport :confused:

WUff1
17th December 2014, 12:12
Wow, Pech and Lukyanuk too!

Entry from Peugeot probably Breen.

No Kruuda.

Baumschlager missing, but starting.

PLuto
17th December 2014, 12:13
Press conference before entry deadline makes me smile :-) OK, why not?

Press conference date was settled before postponing deadline for entries.

PLuto
17th December 2014, 12:18
Wow, Pech and Lukyanuk too!

Entry from Peugeot probably Breen.

No Kruuda.

Baumschlager missing, but starting.

Pech is not surprise, after allowing RRC cars it was almost sure he will start. With Lukyanuk you never know if he will come or not (but I hope he will be there, there are more chances for starts in ERC next year). Peugeot should enter more cars, there is still time to send entry.

Kruuda didnt have Janner in his plans, only rumour was about Printsport...

mousti
17th December 2014, 13:33
I expect Abbring with Peugeot. Besides Dmack I dont see nobody who can give him a WRC offer.

liposh
17th December 2014, 14:09
Kruuda didnt have Janner in his plans, only rumour was about Printsport...

Finally Veiby with DS3 R3T is that guy "representing" Printsport

PLuto
17th December 2014, 14:30
I expect Abbring with Peugeot. Besides Dmack I dont see nobody who can give him a WRC offer.

Actually it looks like Kevin will not do Janner...

Roy
17th December 2014, 14:58
Actually it looks like Kevin will not do Janner...

Will he drive for Škoda, maybe?

PLuto
17th December 2014, 15:04
Will he drive for Škoda, maybe?

Nothing is decided...

Andre Oliveira
20th December 2014, 00:41
Kajto testing, here (http://ewrc-results.com/foto.php?e=21183&t=Kajetanowicz-test-before-Janner-Rally-2015-2014)

http://www.ewrc.cz/images/2014/photos/kajetanowicz_test_before_janner_rally_2014/sno_025.jpg
http://www.ewrc.cz/images/2014/photos/kajetanowicz_test_before_janner_rally_2014/sno_019.jpg
http://www.ewrc.cz/images/2014/photos/kajetanowicz_test_before_janner_rally_2014/sno_016.jpg

RICARDO75
20th December 2014, 14:53
Gabriele Noberasco livery
https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/10401877_818633571531411_8607781319623310971_n.jpg ?oh=1ad413f23666fac4995024b4cff77078&oe=5546D930

Mariusz
21st December 2014, 02:07
When the official entry list will be published?

Fiat-131-Abarth
21st December 2014, 07:12
When the official entry list will be published?

Tomorrow 6:00 p.m.

Mariusz
21st December 2014, 16:31
Thank you sir.

hari
22nd December 2014, 09:24
Final Entry List Jänner Rallye 2015:
71 Teams from 19 Nations.

http://www.ir7.at/content/newsimg/g/jan14vg.jpg

Bartek
22nd December 2014, 09:39
Can anybody explain me why Kajto is starting also in ORM? :) Tyres?

hari
22nd December 2014, 09:56

Austrian Championship is open for Drivers of FIA European Zone East, so all Drivers from this countries in eligible cars count for it.

Ounin
22nd December 2014, 10:07
Well, let's go then
No Abbring... (???)
Breen must have an ERC programm fixed wit Pug Academie, with probably some WRC outings, like 2014
I'll support Lukyanuk
And with new increased Eurosport coverage we all (the ones who are there and the ones stay at home) must have a great weekend ahead, can't wait!

WUff1
22nd December 2014, 10:14

Tlustak, Tarabus, Pech, Stajf, too.

So Breen in and no Kubica. Breen is good, but the rumours about Kubica (probably yes, no, yes, no ...) were something really extraordinary and also some kind of strange, and he´s finally not starting. At least we know that Breen and probably Charles Martin are driving for Peugeot in ERC 2015.

Baumschlager entered only in national field - hasn´t the new tyre regulation been abdandoned?

... and I hope the organizers do a better seeding - why Pech is No. 22 after some RC3 and RC4 drivers is not understandable. But Jänner is infamous for crazy seedings.

Mirek
22nd December 2014, 10:35
Baumschlager entered only in national field - hasn´t the new tyre regulation been abdandoned?

They were not abandoned. Narrow 16" tyres are allowed only in national field. That's why Baumschlager is not in the ERC field in my opinion. Pech isn't happy with that as well.

... and I hope the organizers do a better seeding - why Pech is No. 22 after some RC3 and RC4 drivers is not understandable. But Jänner is infamous for crazy seedings.

That's not a mistake of organizers. It's new ERC rules where all ERC registered drivers are seeded ahead of the rest. Pech has not registered and is seeded as the best non-registered driver. No fault from organizers here. Anyway I don't like it because it may bring some very crazy stuff. In some stages starting 20 cars down may be huge advantage, in some others opposite.

No Abbring... (???)

There are some rumors that Abbring refused the offer of Peugeot. Maybe he has some other plans.

RS
22nd December 2014, 10:38
Should be an interesting rally. I'm especially curious about Lukyanuk

a) How he will do in an R5 car
b) How we will do on a non-fast, non-gravel event

I guess it would make sense for drivers like Pech to register for ERC - the entry fee is only 3000 Euro but if he competes here and on Barum he should be in profit quite easily..

Mirek
22nd December 2014, 10:43
Should be an interesting rally. I'm especially curious about Lukyanuk

a) How he will do in an R5 car
b) How we will do on a non-fast, non-gravel event

When there is no snow or ice Jänner is very fast event!

I guess it would make sense for drivers like Pech to register for ERC - the entry fee is only 3000 Euro but if he competes here and on Barum he should be in profit quite easily..

He can not take the privateer prize money because he has a non-eligible car. Anyway there are rumors he may do a little more than these two events in ERC so it may have been a good idea to register (or maybe he thinks it is an advantage for Jänner not to be registered and start late).

WUff1
22nd December 2014, 10:47
So are drivers like Pech, Trencsenyi and Hideg also not allowed to qualifying stage, only shakedown?

RS
22nd December 2014, 10:49
He can not take the privateer prize money because he has a non-eligible car. Anyway there are rumors he may do a little more than these two events in ERC so it may have been a good idea to register (or maybe he thinks it is an advantage for Jänner not to be registered and start late).

Ahhh, I forgot about that. Well Pech will certainly start two events and I suspect do quite well on both so he could do quite well in the championship if he would like to do a few more rounds.

Mirek
22nd December 2014, 10:59
So are drivers like Pech, Trencsenyi and Hideg also not allowed to qualifying stage, only shakedown?

Yes

mousti
22nd December 2014, 11:19
Why no number 2? Or was that maybe the number for Kubica before it got decided he wouldnt start...?

RS
22nd December 2014, 11:22
Why no number 2?

Maybe Kubica might still start? Pluto seemed to suggest he was with A-Style for Janner and Monte.

Marco Lazzarino
22nd December 2014, 11:31
But this really is the final list and official? on the site of the race there is still ...

There is a difference of special stages to be played between the international and the national level?

hari
22nd December 2014, 11:42
But this really is the final list and official? on the site of the race there is still ...

There is a difference of special stages to be played between the international and the national level?

The list is from the official press release of the Rallye, sent out this morning.

International and National field do the same Event.

Here is the full press release in german (google Translation for your language):

http://www.rallye-oem.at/orm/news_jaenner_rallye_2015_vorschau_2.html

WUff1
22nd December 2014, 11:50
@Mirek: Thank You

Marco Lazzarino: No difference in stages.

liposh
22nd December 2014, 13:34
Lefebvre with DS3 R5 ...does it mean it is additional start in ERC apart from those two starts he won as Junior master. Because those two starts should be with P208 T16 R5, right?

Point two: Can somebody confirm Kopecky with Fabia R5 will be at Jaenner as "0" or "T" car?

Mirek
22nd December 2014, 13:45
Lefevbre is going to drive only Ypres with Peugeot.

liposh
22nd December 2014, 13:57
...but in the very beginning Pluto said: "Lefebvre will drive in season 2015 at least Barum rally and maybe something more" ...Is this sentence still valid? :-)

PLuto
22nd December 2014, 14:02
...but in the very beginning Pluto said: "Lefebvre will drive in season 2015 at least Barum rally and maybe something more" ...Is this sentence still valid? :-)

I dont think so. Charles Martin will come instead of him...

mousti
22nd December 2014, 15:18
Programs of Peugeot drivers are in their Press release. Lefebvre will do Jänner and Ypres in ERC. Breen will do all and Martin 4. Gago does JERC

evoIX
22nd December 2014, 19:17

Jarek Z
22nd December 2014, 19:31

Just 40 crews? Is this a joke?

Moreover, I hoped the idiocy of multiple entry lists on one event would end? But no, it didn't end.

To make matters worse, ERC introduced another idiocy. Slawomir Ogryzek with number 19 and Vaclav Pech with 22? I saw Ogryzek in action many times, but I had no idea that he was so fast. I assume, that he must have made an enormous progress in November and December. Did Ogryzek turn into a speed demon that will keep Pech behind his back for the whole rally? :D

Or maybe it is a Christmas gift for Ogryzek? Merry Christmas to all forum members!!! :)

PLuto
22nd December 2014, 19:33
Just 40 crews? Is this a joke?

Moreover, I hoped the idiocy of multiple entry lists on one event would end? But no, it didn't end.

To make matters worse, ERC introduced another idiocy. Slawomir Ogryzek with number 19 and Vaclav Pech with 22? I saw Ogryzek in action many times, but I had no idea that he was so fast. I assume, that he must have made an enormous progress in November and December. Did Ogryzek turn into a speed demon that will keep Pech behind his back for the whole rally? :D

Or maybe it is a Christmas gift for Ogryzek? Merry Christmas to all forum members!!! :)

Yes, it is crazy. And there will be more multiple entry lists, on most of ERC events... Regarding Pech - he is not registered into ERC, thats why he is so back...

RS
22nd December 2014, 19:49
PLuto, any chance to see Kubica on Janner still?

Andre Oliveira
22nd December 2014, 20:10
I think FIA must introduce more time between registered and non-registered drivers.

PLuto
22nd December 2014, 20:17
PLuto, any chance to see Kubica on Janner still?

I dont think that chance is big, lets say around 5%.

mousti
22nd December 2014, 23:10
http://www.rallye-sport.fr/liste-des-engages-janner-rallye-2015/

Breen gets now Nr1 Lefebvre 2 Kajto 3 etc.

PLuto
22nd December 2014, 23:17
http://www.rallye-sport.fr/liste-des-engages-janner-rallye-2015/

Breen gets now Nr1 Lefebvre 2 Kajto 3 etc.

Original entry list with starting numbers was published here four hours ago ;)

EDIT: Sorry, my mistake. It is new version. And there are still mistakes :)

WUff1
23rd December 2014, 09:15
This is the official final entry list:

http://d3jw5gs1mh13h6.cloudfront.net/uploads/files/eventdetail/27/fia_erc_2015_jannerrallye_entry_list.pdf

So no Fabia R5 for zero car.

Also Eurosport tv times are included.

PLuto
23rd December 2014, 13:19
This is the official final entry list:

http://d3jw5gs1mh13h6.cloudfront.net/uploads/files/eventdetail/27/fia_erc_2015_jannerrallye_entry_list.pdf

I am not sure it is final version ;)

WUff1
23rd December 2014, 13:24
Why PLuto?

PLuto
23rd December 2014, 13:27
Why PLuto?

Because there is wrong priority at Tomas Guryca, it should be at Ondrej Bisaha...

WUff1
23rd December 2014, 14:12
Because there is wrong priority at Tomas Guryca, it should be at Ondrej Bisaha...

Ahh! Thank you

RICARDO75
23rd December 2014, 14:25
And also is missing #15 and 27.

RICARDO75
23rd December 2014, 22:31
Noberasco Test
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7N1SS1RJwo

WUff1
24th December 2014, 09:37
Weather looks very good for this edition of the rally - most probably it´s getting cold and snowy in the next time, at least ´till after new years day. So there are big chances of a snowy and icy rally this time.

WUff1
25th December 2014, 09:45
Renato Pita tarmac test:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ly8XEY4lQQA

Ucci
25th December 2014, 17:21
Renato Pita tarmac test:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ly8XEY4lQQA

I hope this is not his final test, because we are expecting Jänner in true winter conditions....snow & ice. No point to test the car & tyres on some Mediterranean terrain, without any sign of winter around....

Fiat-131-Abarth
26th December 2014, 11:18
Today we had even in the lower regions of the rally the first snow of the year. Although it was just a little bit of snow (around 1cm) I'm hoping for more snow this weekend. According to the actual weather forecasts it will be dry but very cold next week.

WUff1
28th December 2014, 17:58
Just came back from Freistadt - driving back there on saturday ;) All so called "Güterwege" (small roads where the special stages are driven) are covered with snow in the whole area. Let´s see if this lasts ´till the first days of January - it´s unfortunately expected to get warmer then

RS
28th December 2014, 18:52
Just realised the rally is Sunday - Tuesday, weird!

PLuto
28th December 2014, 19:16
Just realised the rally is Sunday - Tuesday, weird!

It is crazy for everybody...

PLuto
28th December 2014, 19:20
Some pictures from today test day by Daniel Fessl - http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=16917

http://www.autosport.cz/img/clanky/2ef14bbbc7a479b737ad5c111b17f477.jpg http://www.autosport.cz/img/clanky/75c7a14d547c1c5009fac2edc06f7f3a.jpg

WRCstratos
28th December 2014, 20:23
Great winter conditions indeed at the Test in Schenkenfelden today.
Here is my video from there: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzKQPnUoAFk

At now it looks like this in the whole rally region. Hopefully the snow stays and maybe we get a bit more? Fingers crossed ;-)

PLuto
29th December 2014, 13:32
http://www.e-pluto.cz/registrations_janner_2015.jpg

hari
29th December 2014, 16:53
Gallery Raimund Baumschlager testing for Jänner Rallye:

http://www.ir7.at/j15t1.jpg
http://www.ir7.at/j15t2.jpg
http://www.ir7.at/j15t3.jpg

http://www.ir7.at/content/fotos_bestof_test_291214_brr_raimund_baumschlager_ vor_jaenner_rallye_2015.html

Fast Eddie WRC
29th December 2014, 17:46
Proper winter rally coming up... :)

'The European Rally Championship aces are set for a true winter contest when Austria hosts the 2015 season-opener from 4-6 January. Weather reports for the Internationale Jännerrallye powered by GaGa Energy are forecasting an ambient temperature range of between minus five and minus 21 degrees centigrade around the event base in Freistadt. Snow has also been falling in recent days with more snow expected.'

WUff1
29th December 2014, 18:00
10 cm of new snow today at parts of the rally area (Königswiesen) - in sum it should be around 10-20 cm now in the Freistadt district, partly blown by the wind

hari
29th December 2014, 20:58
Video: Raimund Baumschlager testing for Jänner Rallye 2015 - BRR Skoda Fabia S2000.

http://www.ir7.at/vid_j15t.jpg (https://vimeo.com/115589269)

https://vimeo.com/115589269

Sulland
29th December 2014, 23:07
Nice article: http://irc.rallye-info.com/article.asp?sid=11&stid=12113

Cian Donnellan
30th December 2014, 19:12
Right so, I need some help. I'll arrive back to my appartment in Klagenfurt on the 4th of Jan and then Im planning to travel up to Freistadt on either th 5th or 6th to shout on Craig Breen and expierence snow rallying for the first time. What I need is a car seat either from Klagenfurt, somewhere with a direct link to Klagenfurt or even from Freistadt town on the day (even if it's 10hrs travel to get there hahaha). I'll provide money for petrol and will have no problem returning the favour if anyone wants to come to a rally in Ireland some time! Thanks

Ondra WRC
30th December 2014, 19:38
My photos from test Alexey Lukyanuk: http://www.motolevel.com/fotogalerie-14763-test-alexey-lukyanuk-pred-janner-rallye-2015-foto-ondra-krajca

Mirek
31st December 2014, 00:21
Video: Raimund Baumschlager testing for Jänner Rallye 2015 - BRR Skoda Fabia S2000.

We are going to have a very strange situation. Mundl realistically can be the fastest driver on the stages but he will not win as he drives narrow tyres according the national rules...

PLuto
31st December 2014, 01:05
We are going to have a very strange situation. Mundl realistically can be the fastest driver on the stages but he will not win as he drives narrow tyres according the national rules...

He should have completely different conditions than the best drivers in ERC field - different weather, different tyres etc. So in this case it will not be fair to anybody to compare the times (despite we will be checking it ;) )

Fiat-131-Abarth
31st December 2014, 05:50

It will also be a very strange situation with Pech. With his late starting position he could have a big advantage against the other ERC RC 2 drivers.

WUff1
31st December 2014, 08:48
My photos from test Alexey Lukyanuk: http://www.motolevel.com/fotogalerie-14763-test-alexey-lukyanuk-pred-janner-rallye-2015-foto-ondra-krajca

Czech number plate? Does anybody know who´s the owner of this Fiesta?

Ucci
31st December 2014, 08:52
It is good that you explained possible advantages / disadvantages for drivers starting later or in a National field. But I'm more than 100% sure, all drivers are aware of that - rules are known, they are not fair (when are rules fair for all competitors ? For every sport we could comment hours & hours about justice...). If somebody from drivers thinks this is a cheat, he or she can still stay at warm home...
Instead of whining let's concentrate on this beautiful event, we will check achieved times from all top drivers, and that's it.....

Ondra WRC
31st December 2014, 10:00
Czech number plate? Does anybody know who´s the owner of this Fiesta?

This Fiesta is from H-Racing (Miroslav Houšť).

Mirek
31st December 2014, 12:01
It will also be a very strange situation with Pech. With his late starting position he could have a big advantage against the other ERC RC 2 drivers.

Pech announced today he would not start. The reason is same as why Baumschlager starts in national field. He doesn't want to buy 15" rims, tyres and new suspension parts. If normal 16" tyres were allowed he would start.

dimviii
31st December 2014, 12:49
From Pechs site with google translate

The main reason is the change of rules that determine the size of the tires on snow. Our team has prepared chassis Minik with 16 "tires and these in sufficient quantity and possess from previous years, when there was so much snow tires and we have left. The new rules dictate with 15" tires. This for us was a significant financial investment with uncertain recovery. We'd have to buy another set of arms with a smaller bottom pin to 15 "wheel can deploy, disks and of course special snow tires, which must forward a certain number of order and can not be of the non return. Paradox is the sense of this regulation, when 16" and 15 "tires are identical to the width, tread pattern, the number of spikes and girth.
I think that this decision not only to us in the present weather discouraged and even entire starting field was divided into ME and Austrian championship, which can be used as far as 16 "tires on snow.
We are currently working on how we can participate in other foreign race ME.
We thank fans for their understanding.

http://www.vaclavpech-fanclub.cz/o-rally/neucast-na-janner-rallye

Jarek Z
31st December 2014, 13:19
Instead of whining let's concentrate on this beautiful event, we will check achieved times from all top drivers, and that's it.....

No, we will not be checking times from all top drivers. Pech has just withdrawn from the event. He said it makes no sense for him to buy new tyres, new wheels and new suspension parts just for this one event.

Who invented this idiotic rule about 15'' tyres?!

PLuto
31st December 2014, 13:27
No, we will not be checking times from all top drivers. Pech has just withdrawn from the event. He said it makes no sense for him to buy new tyres, new wheels and new suspension parts just for this one event.

Who invented this idiotic rule about 15'' tyres?!

It was announced last year, that it was last edition when 16" tyres are allowed and next year it will not be allowed...

br21
31st December 2014, 13:31
I don't agree. Normally if somebody has gravel kit then he uses those rims. Trust me more people have 15inch gravel rims than 16inch snow ones. Don't know how it's in case of Mini, but normally big tarmac brakes are not fitting in 16inch rims also. Same with tarmac suspension spigots.
Studded 15 and 16 inch tires are not same width, thread, etc - they are different. In really snowy conditions 16inch ones are faster, but when it's less snow, more frozen gravel/ice then often 15 inch are faster.

WUff1
31st December 2014, 13:37
Pech won´t have a gravel kit I suppose? At least he didn´t need one for Czech championship ...

PLuto
31st December 2014, 13:51
I think he doesnt have proper gravel suspension, but at least he was prepared for snow conditions on Janner during last year...

Mirek
31st December 2014, 14:08
Exactly. He has no gravel kit and no gravel rims as he never needed them. He had a kind of hybrid setup for Jänner and 16" snow tyres.

Ucci
31st December 2014, 14:18
Well, this excuse from Pech makes me confused??!! If everything is true, what he says, at the end, if he would have a strong wish to participate, I know he would manage to do it.
Maybe he didn't get what the organisers promised to him (€€€), maybe he is scared of Baumschlager on different rims, who knows....but for the rule itself-as Pluto said, this a already a one year old. That way I do not ''support'' his excuse......With or without him I believe in a very interesting event.

John Williams
31st December 2014, 14:39
Can someone enlighten me on why Raimund is not running in the ERC event? Surely he uses 15" rims on the Fabia anyway.

nafpaktos
31st December 2014, 14:41
The last minute realised that the rules have changed???

mousti
31st December 2014, 14:43
Why would he spend several K's of Euro's on a kit that he will use once. Next year that car is forbidden in ERC and he is also not an ERC regular driver who aims for the title.

nafpaktos
31st December 2014, 14:44
Don't know how it's in case of Mini, but normally big tarmac brakes are not fitting in 16inch rims also.
So the crews will use gravel brakes for this event.what about monte in heavy snow conditions?

tommeke_B
31st December 2014, 14:52
So the crews will use gravel brakes for this event.what about monte in heavy snow conditions?
There are no "proper" snow tyres anymore in Monte. So all in tarmac setup. ;)

br21
31st December 2014, 15:34
don't believe Pech was planning to drive in proper snow on narrow 16 inch tires with tarmac setup - dampers, etc. For me it sounds like they needed some excuse and told some things which theoretically sound logical, but when you get deeper into the subject not all what he says is true.

Jarek Z
31st December 2014, 15:42
don't believe Pech was planning to drive in proper snow on narrow 16 inch tires with tarmac setup - dampers, etc. For me it sounds like they needed some excuse and told some things which theoretically sound logical, but when you get deeper into the subject not all what he says is true.

But Pech was competing in this rally almost each year and with great results. So what parts did he use in previous years?

Fast Eddie WRC
31st December 2014, 16:57
Consani test in the snow...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B6Lurh3CAAAndc8.jpg:large

Fast Eddie WRC
31st December 2014, 17:02
Looking forward to seeing what Lukyanuk can do on Janner Rallye with an R5.. :)

http://www.motolevel.com/data/photo/images/14763/03.JPG

Mirek
31st December 2014, 17:03

I understand the situation that way that he was hesitating about going to Jänner or another rally instead. This change of rules which would mean some extra cost (although not so significant) just moved the scales to the side of going elsewhere. In other words he wants to start in another ERC event instead.

I'm not really his fan but I can't see why he would need any excuse for not coming. There is no reason to expect him being beaten badly on Jänner stages as proven by previous editions.

Actually I'm quite happy he may start somewhere else. He has achieved a truckload of Czech titles but rarely tried abroad on the unknown soil. It might be interesting.

WUff1
31st December 2014, 17:05
There is some difference between Pech and Baumschlager. Baumschlager drives gravel rallies or at least gravel legs of rallies in Austrian championship, so he won´t need to buy gravel suspensions and 15 inch rims, only the tyres.
Pech never drove gravel rallies in Czech championship, he probably would have to buy a full 15 inch gravel kit just for Jänner.

Both drivers use cars which they know they won´t use for another long time, Baumschlager because he gets a Fabia R5 as soon as it´s homologated, Pech can´t use his RRC on ERC level after 2015.

2014 16 inch tyres and rims where still allowed in ERC, 2015 not anymore.

Baumschlager regularly did Jänner rally as one and only international event, so he doesn´t care about ERC regulations too much, and even if he said he would do more international appearances in 2015, he for sure goes for the 13th time for Austrian championship in 2015 again, to promote Fabia R5 in Austria as already Mirek has written some days ago.

But imagine Loix, who could be compared to Baumschlager, not to start at Ypres? So Baumschlager in my opinion is full of excuses. In the last year in my opinion he was moaning when he got surpassed by Kopecky, Bouffier, Pech, Kubica - and I think he cannot stand being beaten on "home soil" at all. This probably is the reason of him dropping young talented drivers, which he first supports, when they could get him dangerous (like Andreas Aigner some years ago, Chris Brugger some months ago), too.

hari
31st December 2014, 17:26
This probably is the reason of him dropping young talented drivers, which he first supports, when they could get him dangerous (like Andreas Aigner some years ago, Chris Brugger some months ago), too.

I thought the entries for the best conspiracy theory in 2014 had already closed at this time of the year...

nafpaktos
31st December 2014, 18:35
So what are the other sizes of rims that are permitted?

liposh
31st December 2014, 18:47
Actually I'm quite happy he may start somewhere else. He has achieved a truckload of Czech titles but rarely tried abroad on the unknown soil. It might be interesting.

My words, Mirek. In such situation it would be more interesting for everyone if he would skip Jaenner and try another round of ERC (abroad) ...but do You think he will?

Mirek
31st December 2014, 19:00
So what are the other sizes of rims that are permitted?

From supplementary regulations:

7. RIMS AND TYRES
7.1. Eligible rims (authorized rims)
Group N4 (App. J - article 254):
- rims with maximum dimension of 7” x 15'' complying with article 254-7.6
- rims for asphalt rallies as defined in article 254-7.6
S2000-Rallye 2L normaly aspirated and S2000-Rallye 1.6L Turbo (App. J - article 254A):
- rims with maximum dimension of 6.5'' x 15'' or 7” x 15” complying with article 254A-5.5
- rims for asphalt rallies as defined in article 254A-5.5
Group R2/R3/R3T cars (App. J - article 260):
- 6’’ x 15’’ rims. Minimum weight: 8 kg.
- rims for asphalt rallies as defined in article 260
Group R1 cars (App. J - article 260):
- 6.5’’ x 15’’ rims. Minimum weight 8 kg
- rims for asphalt rallies as defined in article 260
Group R5 cars (App. J – article 261):
- rims 6.5 '' x 15'' or 7.0” x 15” rims. Minimum weight 8,6 kg
- rims for asphalt rallies as defined in article 261

7.2. Choice of Tyres:
In addition to complying with art. 60 and appendix V of FIA-RRSR 2014 the number of tyres are
limited with 18 pieces for 4WD cars and 14 pieces für 2WD cars. Tyres used for Free Practice
and Qualifying will be taken from the overall quantity allowed for the rally.
All tyres used must be readily available commercially and must comply with FIA-RRSR 2014,
appendix V. Only tyres marked by organiser may be used.
The intentional modification of the design of the tyre (hand-cutting) is not allowed.

7.3. Tyres specified for recce:
Use of any studded tyres for recce is strictly forbidden. The use of studded tyres during recce will
be reported to the Clerk of the Course who will not allow the competitor to start the rally.

7.4. Studded tyres:
Use of any studded tyres for shakedown, leg 1 and 2 is allowed in compliance with following
regulations:
Only the cylindrical single point studs introduced through the outside of the tread are authorized.
They are in no case to go through the tread.
They shall imperatively meet the following sizes:
· maximum base diameter: 6,5 mm, allowance included. Weight: 2 gr.
· stud profusion beyond the surface of the brand-new tyre: maximum 2 mm.
· total stud height including point: 15 mm. Tolerance maximal 0,5 mm.
11 / 27
Density on the surface covered: The number of studs must not exceed 12 pieces per any
decimeter of the wheel circumference. In case of 18“-rims the tyres used must have a central
space allow han of 47 mm which remains free of studs. In case of 15“rims it is not neccessary
that the tires have a central space of 47 mm free of studs, but the number of studs must also not
exeed 12 pieces per any decimeter. 16” rims are only allowed for national classes.
Checks of the studs can be made, at any time, and will consist of the following operations:
a) Reading of a tread print,
b) Removal of a stud for measuring purposes.

Tom206wrc
31st December 2014, 19:23
Consani test in the snow...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B6Lurh3CAAAndc8.jpg:large

Excluded from the event before start: codriver too Young and without driving licence :D

RallyTV
1st January 2015, 13:11
1 day… and we leave for Freistadt… 1st work of the year… and in 2 week… Arctic Lapland Rally!

nafpaktos
1st January 2015, 16:51
The tyres cost!

http://www.jaennerrallye.at/fileadmin/user_upload/2015/Bestellformular_Order_form_tyres_Michelin.pdf

RICARDO75
1st January 2015, 20:49
Neubauer test
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iB3bzUJ1iaI

Fiat-131-Abarth
2nd January 2015, 12:03
I'm doing my private recce today. Hopefully it won't get to warm the next two says because the stages are in perfect snowy conditions. If it stays like this it could get a brilliant Rally

Fast Eddie WRC
2nd January 2015, 12:27
SS3/SS6:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B6Vos_aIUAAp_Ft.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B6Ih_HZCMAAoJV4.jpg:large

Mirek
2nd January 2015, 12:39
This shall be from today:
https://fbcdn-photos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t1.0-0/10896890_773066242774914_1354602250640336245_n.jpg ?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=bf317dd452b68e6719ea9d9ce48cd02a&oe=55399DD6&__gda__=1429962172_cd3324f0bf96b92c8bfc117d964c82a f

There is a possibility of freezing rain today but since tomorrow it shall get colder again with snow falls. The forecast looks good (be aware that stages are in higher location than Freistadt): http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/hdfForecast?query=freistadt

PLuto
2nd January 2015, 14:00
Results will be available on usual address - http://rally-base.com/2015/32-int-janner-rallye-2015/

If everything goes well, I would like to put also online results from free practice and qualify ON LINE (as SS 19, 20 and 21)

WUff1
2nd January 2015, 15:33
SS 13/16, Königswiesen

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10689547_934015216609655_8578866622524754958_n.jpg ?oh=43495ce216085ab20b1d21c1687b8f12&oe=553FE1BB&__gda__=1428894723_442380df2c615a023127579ab3889f1 b

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/10891492_934015309942979_5497981662947898450_n.jpg ?oh=4f66c4dcfddb09296bbe60d13b109c57&oe=552AEF14&__gda__=1428624029_cb84ccef61c986d0b20d0dc4eb94a13 4

WUff1
2nd January 2015, 16:51
Rain at the service park area in Freistadt. But temperatures in the stage area are all in minus degrees. So expect some ice, too

WUff1
2nd January 2015, 19:37
https://twitter.com/SLefebvreRallye/status/551075368346873856/photo/1

Slight traces of melting snow on the stages as one can see.

https://twitter.com/Craig_Breen/status/551082782924230656/photo/1

EDIT: At least Breen and Hirschi at the test in Certyne, CZ, tomorrow.

Mirek
2nd January 2015, 19:45
It shall get colder next days. A little melting would not be bad as it would allow ice layer to be created.

WRC1
2nd January 2015, 20:12
my pictures from the jänner rallye tests (test day schenkenfelden, baumschlager in new design and neubauer)

http://www.rallyepics.at/wp/?page_id=1097&album=12&gallery=87

looking forward to the best entry and the best conditions of the last years!

hope to meet a few forumers arround freetown the next days!

reg

daniel

PLuto
2nd January 2015, 20:34
hope to meet a few forumers arround freetown the next days!

I will be there for sure ;)

WUff1
2nd January 2015, 21:21
Me too ;)

Tom206wrc
2nd January 2015, 21:35
Is 05/01 really the right date for SS1(it's a monday) :confused:
Usually a rally is during a week-end(or at least starts in a friday) :mark:

If really the right date so I'm gutted because being at work the morning I'll miss the 3 first stages ;(

PLuto
2nd January 2015, 21:49

If really the right date so I'm gutted because being at work the morning I'll miss the 3 first stages ;(

Yes, it is correct date...

PLuto
2nd January 2015, 21:50
Ondrej Bisaha will start with rented Renault Clio R3 - http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=16924

WRC1
2nd January 2015, 21:51

tom its right! tuesday (6.january) is public holiday here in austria (holy kings), so everybody has christmas/new year holidays on monday too...so for the local austrian people it is somthing like a loooooong weekend ;)

Fiat-131-Abarth
2nd January 2015, 22:01
..so for the local austrian people it is somthing like a loooooong weekend ;)

A loooooong weekend from Dec 24th to Jan 6th ;-)

VFTS
3rd January 2015, 00:12
tom its right! tuesday (6.january) is public holiday here in austria (holy kings), so everybody has christmas/new year holidays on monday too...so for the local austrian people it is somthing like a loooooong weekend ;)

Lucky austrians!
I must try to follow the results both days from work!