PDA

View Full Version : WRC Testing

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

AMSS
18th November 2016, 20:18
Does winning the FiA WEC 2 years ago count as failure???

It's not just about past results I think Malcolm Wilson himself put it the best when he said something like " how anybody can turn down the facilities Toyota has in Cologne is beyond my understanding" to me that says it all. Though to make sure I really really hope I'm wrong but looking at all test videos and comparing with the other teams it doesn't look good does it..

dimviii
18th November 2016, 20:33
It's not just about past results I think Malcolm Wilson himself put it the best when he said something like " how anybody can turn down the facilities Toyota has in Cologne is beyond my understanding" to me that says it all. Though to make sure I really really hope I'm wrong but looking at all test videos and comparing with the other teams it doesn't look good does it..

you are jealous!

AMSS
18th November 2016, 20:38
you are jealous!

Sorry I don't understand jealous of what?

dimviii
18th November 2016, 20:38
some new photos.New side skirt at the camo yaris.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxkfrTVXEAApGHQ.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxkftLTXEAAen6X.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cxkfu_MWgAAWC4F.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxkfxO5WgAk890l.jpg

dimviii
18th November 2016, 20:45
new video
https://youtu.be/EEYLxNiKNeI

Mirek
18th November 2016, 21:18
Note that both cars are visibly different. For example front aero.

danon
18th November 2016, 21:32
http://i.imgur.com/lI1UPsT.jpg

cali
18th November 2016, 23:21

Sarcasm

EstWRC
19th November 2016, 03:30
I'm sure there is a video of the Fiesta testing on that exact same stage early in the thread

Steve

these here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HZd_ybPlF0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsXNKz-Vv7M

Toyota in same place then https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIedV5QqK_c

A FONDO
19th November 2016, 07:32
Note that both cars are visibly different. For example front aero.

For me such huge differences so close before homologation are not a good indication. A proper team would have already designed, built and tested several different bumpers, bonnets and other parts.

dimviii
19th November 2016, 07:41

just sarcasm mate.I have the same impressions as you,cross fingers,they know what they are doing,and at the end to be successfull.
we need a strong manufacturer at wrc.

AMSS
19th November 2016, 10:05
just sarcasm mate.I have the same impressions as you,cross fingers,they know what they are doing,and at the end to be successfull.
we need a strong manufacturer at wrc.

I must have been to tired at that point to register 😁

TWRC
19th November 2016, 10:21
these here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HZd_ybPlF0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsXNKz-Vv7M

Toyota in same place then https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIedV5QqK_c
I think the Toyota is not that bad. One thing I noticed though (and this can be the drivers, the car setup or my eyes :D) is that the Yaris looks unsure over the crests and sudden direction changes compared to the Fiesta.

OldF
19th November 2016, 13:05

Already during the first day when the news was released (7.7.2015) Tommi said that Cologne isn’t an option. Tommi didn’t explain why it isn’t an option. Maybe Toyoda found out that there’s was already a project going on at TMG which he didn’t knew about and therefore got pissed off.

http://www.ksml.fi/urheilu/L%C3%A4hdemme-taistelemaan-heti-mestaruudesta-Toyotan-tallip%C3%A4%C3%A4llikk%C3%B6-Tommi-M%C3%A4kinen-lupaa/369386

Kölnin kanssa teemme tietenkin yhteistyötä, mutta se ei ole vaihtoehto rallitoiminnan pesäpaikaksi, Mäkinen paljasti.

“We are of course cooperating with Köln but it’s not an option as a base for the rally activities.”

Rally Power
19th November 2016, 14:26
It's not just about past results I think Malcolm Wilson himself put it the best when he said something like " how anybody can turn down the facilities Toyota has in Cologne is beyond my understanding" to me that says it all.

Yep, Toy’s WRC program switch from TMG to TMR looked weird, but we have to look at the past events (including the one OldF just mentioned) in order to understand what really happen:

1) After the F1 nightmare, Toyota Motorsport Gmbh (TMG) was ordered by Toyota Motor Corporation (TMC) to develop a Le Mans hybrid car with two main aims: reinforce TMC commitment to hybrid technology and win the iconic French race.
2) TMG developed the project using their state of the art facilities and experienced staff. They also counted with the assistance of an external partner, Oreca. The first race they attended was LM ’12.
3) Despite achieving some noticeable results on the new WEC series, including ’14 manus and drivers titles, they were beat by Audi in ’12, ’13 and ’14 LM editions.
4) During ’14 TMG start developing a WRC Yaris proto. It’s still unclear if that project was actually ordered by TMC or if it was a TMG operation aimed to be later presented to TMC board.
5) At the beginning of 2015 TMC presented their annual motorsport activities and announced they would get back to WRC in 2017, using a TMG developed, build and run Yaris WRC.
6) In April ‘15 TMC motorsport activities were united under one single brand: Toyota Gazoo Racing (TGR). TGR president is Mr. Toyoda, also president of TMC.
7) In June ’15, TMG suffered an extreme humiliation in LM race, being outpaced not only by Audi but also by the new Porsche squad.
8) In July ‘15, a TMC press release announced that Tommi Makinen was appointed by Mr. Toyoda as the new manager of TGR WRC project. Later on we get to know that the project was going to be developed in Finland by Makinen’s private company (TMR).

Sorry for the extension of this ‘TM’s story’, but all the reported facts are important and can be easily checked on the web.

From those facts anyone can get an obvious conclusion: after ’15 LM disaster, Mr. Toyoda no longer trusted TMG to simultaneously win LM and develop a competitive WRC project. He invited Makinen to run the project and agreed to move it from TMG and turn it into an outsourcing venture with TMR.

Honestly I’m not a Toy fan nor even a Makinen fan, I’m a rally fan and having in mind that most of the time manus using in-house teams aren’t interested in developing rallysport, I really hope that Makinen will use MSport outstanding example and TMR will steadily be able to provide a wide range of rally cars to rally costumers around the world, even after Toyota leaves. That’s the main interest of having private teams involved: they need rally to survive; they don’t take it just as another dischargeable marketing campaign.

pantealex
20th November 2016, 14:51
M-Sport camp was today at Vaheri (Jämsä, Finland), I think that only possible driver was Evans, but some else is coming...

Road condition is probably worse than "rally wales"

Interesting fact is that Tommi´s factory is about 50km from there, so probably same driver/drivers will visit Puuppola also.

dimviii
22nd November 2016, 13:20
Traxx - WR is Free @Traxx_WiF ·

2 geometries of front axle C3 WRC 17: shock absorber tilted forward for ground, backwards on tar

Mirek
22nd November 2016, 13:31
Very interesting. Wouldn't a backward tilded front strut be more prone to suspension collapse after a big shock?

I guess that it's going to be a similar setup to Fabia R5 with the shock absorber behind the wheel hub but angled backwards. Shall it stay as McPherson, or?

dimviii
22nd November 2016, 13:35
is it backwards or not so forward as it is for ground? anyway interesting point.

Mirek
22nd November 2016, 14:17
IMO definitely not same magnitude.

Correct me if I am wrong but in my point of view this means that for 2017 WRC cars it's allowed to have specific gravel and asphalt bodyshell or maybe the difference is not that big and can be accommodate in one bodyshell.

By the way what could be the reason? To reduce diving under brakes, enhance brake cooling and reduce forces in steering?

OldF
22nd November 2016, 14:56
In this video Michel Nandan says that there will be more freedom for the front kinematic points. It will be interesting to see what kind of solutions the teams come up with.

http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/media/videos/page/112--80--.html

Feature: Click twice
WRC 2016: Tech special - World rally cars 2017

dimviii
22nd November 2016, 15:27
Correct me if I am wrong but in my point of view this means that for 2017 WRC cars it's allowed to have specific gravel and asphalt bodyshell or maybe the difference is not that big and can be accommodate in one bodyshell.?

you can have small difference without different body. ie different towers at top mounts,different front subframe/hubs/ shocks etc.

By the way what could be the reason? To reduce diving under brakes, enhance brake cooling and reduce forces in steering?

Mirek I cant know which is better,maybe each car/design needs different ''solutions'' to work best at gravel/asphalt.
ie fiesta r5 vs fabia r5 have different shock designs at front /rear.
Can we say that the fabia or the fiesta is better at gravel/asphalt because of the backwards/front slope of the shocks? imho NOT.
For sure the forward design allows more travel,but.....at fabia we haven't see to have any problem at gravel,even at Finland with the huge jumps,or the very rough gravel surfaces.Same with ds3 wrc at Finland with Meeke.
There is no ''rule'' at suspension designs, each design have its ''needs'' to perform at its best.
maybe citroen introduce a solution with no compromises with these 2 different versions of suspension kinematics.
For sure it is very interesting to watch/follow the results.

EstWRC
22nd November 2016, 17:24
pantealex is m-sport camp still in finland? Got some info that Ogier may test in Wales with M-sport on thursday and friday. Not 100% sure it is true

Hartusvuori
22nd November 2016, 20:45
pantealex is m-sport camp still in finland? Got some info that Ogier may test in Wales with M-sport on thursday and friday. Not 100% sure it is true

I'm quite sure M-Sport never were in Finland. False alarm. At least nothing to prove otherwise.

Rallyper
22nd November 2016, 23:08
OK, Ogier testing in GB instead. For me that looks quite close to a deal with MSport.

If so, then JML to Toyota in 3rd car(?) and AM in Even-management Polo 2016, later on Polo 2017 if that´s allowed? But hey. Only my speculation. I was wrong before.

Toyoda
23rd November 2016, 01:11
Ogier will have to question reliability of msport cars surely, especially after there recent test

Hartusvuori
23rd November 2016, 04:33
Ogier will have to question reliability of msport cars surely, especially after there recent test

It's not as if Polo ran smooth through all the testing. Everyone have had issues.

Per, Polo 2017 will not happen. It need a manufacturer entry to pass the homologation. That will not happen.

If both Lappi and Latvala end up with Toyota which now looks highly likely, Latvala for sure will be the lead driver.

Does anyone know where Citroen is at the moment? Any news when Ogier will sort that beast?

HaCo
23rd November 2016, 05:49
And Mikkelsen?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-T560 met Tapatalk

traxx
23rd November 2016, 08:10
Correct me if I am wrong but in my point of view this means that for 2017 WRC cars it's allowed to have specific gravel and asphalt bodyshell or maybe the difference is not that big and can be accommodate in one bodyshell.

I think only one body shell but with two ways to plug the suspension

pantealex
23rd November 2016, 10:08

Ogier in Wales probably true.

There was eye witness who saw M-Sport with red carpets, but few hours later couple of rally fans did´t find any tracks on the road. Nobody in Jämsä city have seen M-Sport trucks.

pantealex
23rd November 2016, 10:18
It's not as if Polo ran smooth through all the testing. Everyone have had issues.

Per, Polo 2017 will not happen. It need a manufacturer entry to pass the homologation. That will not happen.

If both Lappi and Latvala end up with Toyota which now looks highly likely, Latvala for sure will be the lead driver.

Does anyone know where Citroen is at the moment? Any news when Ogier will sort that beast?

My money is on Mikkelsen for Toyota, still hoping for Ogier to join. I just can´t believe that Japanese would allow 3 Finns. In my mind Lappi is Toyota man. But like others, I could be wrong.

Simmi
23rd November 2016, 15:01

Motorsport News still reporting today that Citroen will not let anyone test the new car without a contract. Also that Toyota were quite slow to pick up the phone to Ogier - but would offer him around £8.5million.

giu canbera
23rd November 2016, 16:44
Ogier to test with MSport this week http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/127234/ogier-set-to-test-with-msport-this-week

EstWRC
23rd November 2016, 18:58
so my info was right after all...im totally confident that Ogier will go to M-sport.

macebig
23rd November 2016, 19:50
so my info was right after all...im totally confident that Ogier will go to M-sport.

If Simmi's number is true,Toyota have put a very big temptation on the table.

N.O.T
23rd November 2016, 20:16

it is not true.

Andre Oliveira
23rd November 2016, 21:17
Ogier toyota: https://youtu.be/p-WyZkZNmKs

smsgrafica
23rd November 2016, 21:29

Money isn't what he'll base his choice on. It'll depend 100% on the car.

OnlyRally
23rd November 2016, 21:48
it is not true.

Are you sure?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

rogef
23rd November 2016, 21:51
I think Toyota is the most likely in this moment ... According to the news, he was only less pleased with the suspension. He also says the money is important in today's Autosport interview. If Toyota offers the highest value and if you have money the suspension will quickly reach the level he wants ...

smsgrafica
23rd November 2016, 22:01
I don't think Toyota has any chance to get Ogier. He wants to win, not to develop a car the maybe one day could win rallies...

Andre Oliveira
23rd November 2016, 22:02
Agree. Car doesn't look good :(

EstWRC
23rd November 2016, 22:16
I think Toyota is the most likely in this moment ... According to the news, he was only less pleased with the suspension. He also says the money is important in today's Autosport interview. If Toyota offers the highest value and if you have money the suspension will quickly reach the level he wants ...

I don't think Toyota has any chance to get Ogier. He wants to win, not to develop a car the maybe one day could win rallies...

LOL :D...is it really him? driving style not Oger like at all but i guess you just have to drive this car this way

E: got my answer

RallyingUK �� ‏@RallyingUK 19s19 seconds ago
Confirmed by the guy who shot today’s video - it was Sébastien Ogier driving the Yaris WRC.

rogef
23rd November 2016, 22:53
Watch the video several times and evaluate every detail. First impression to watch the video is not woooo, but if we evaluate every detail, conditions of the road the conditions of the time. . . Defenitively there is some level. And the driving is different from what we've seen so far in the Yaris.

er88
23rd November 2016, 23:44
Has that Toyota even been tested on wet tarmac before? That's a serious question btw

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Sulland
23rd November 2016, 23:55
Would be a perfect challenge for Ogier to go with Toyota.
Almost like Rossi going with Yamaha a few years back!

looks like real understeer on wet asphalt.
guess he also want to take it for a spin on gravel as well!

Toyoda
24th November 2016, 00:14
Ogier doesn't need another challenge to build up another team, he needs a fast car with a nice friendly reliable team

itix
24th November 2016, 00:28
Ogier toyota: https://youtu.be/p-WyZkZNmKs

I believe that's ogier when I see pictures/vids of him next to the car. One YouTube uploader claiming it is doesn't make it so. For some reasons the white Yaris is always faster than the camo one... different test programs I'm sure but still.

gorganl2000
24th November 2016, 00:34
Motorsport News still reporting today that Citroen will not let anyone test the new car without a contract. Also that Toyota were quite slow to pick up the phone to Ogier - but would offer him around £8.5million.

well, as i said before, i agree that Citroen shouldn't let Ogier or anyone else test their car without a contract. and i don't think Toyota has to offer him such a high amount either, as their main competitor seems to be ford which may not have that kind of funding, but who knows if ford may find some extra sponsorship just for this endeavor?!?! if the video is true, he just tested the yaris (which still needs some set up work based on the video) and will supposedly have an opportunity to test the ford shortly (which has shown some issues in the tests so far too). Ogier should therefore have enough information to make a decision between those two teams or take a blind chance and go to Citroen if the offer exists, but probably with less negotiability.

@itix---i'm not sure of that validity of that video either...i'm waiting for more information to surface on that topic

stefanvv
24th November 2016, 00:35
I believe that's ogier when I see pictures/vids of him next to the car. One YouTube uploader claiming it is doesn't make it so.

It is him.

stefanvv
24th November 2016, 00:40
and i don't think Toyota has to offer him such a high amount either, as their main competitor seems to be ford which may not have that kind of funding, but who knows if ford may find some extra sponsorship just for this endeavor?!?!

Toyota's only advantage would be to offer him more money. Their car won't be as fast at the beginning (You don't have to be genius to realize that), so the balance on the scales would be just that.

gorganl2000
24th November 2016, 01:13
Toyota's only advantage would be to offer him more money. Their car won't be as fast at the beginning (You don't have to be genius to realize that), so the balance on the scales would be just that.

i do understand what you are saying, but its looking more like a toyota vs ford race for Ogier, as it seems Hyundai and Citroen are becoming smaller to non-existent chances by the day. With that in mind, no ones knows what Ford is offering money wise and toyota just throwing what they consider a reasonable to large sum of money may still not sway Ogier who is looking to optimise his WRC driver's title chances (the best car he can get at the best salary to give him the best chances of retaining WRC driver's title). with redbull and other business associates/sponsors, he possibly has enough of an income where money although important, is not necessarily at the top of the priority list regarding car selection.

stefanvv
24th November 2016, 01:43
i do understand what you are saying, but its looking more like a toyota vs ford race for Ogier, as it seems Hyundai and Citroen are becoming smaller to non-existent chances by the day. With that in mind, no ones knows what Ford is offering money wise and toyota just throwing what they consider a reasonable to large sum of money may still not sway Ogier who is looking to optimise his WRC driver's title chances (the best car he can get at the best salary to give him the best chances of retaining WRC driver's title). with redbull and other business associates/sponsors, he possibly has enough of an income where money although important, is not necessarily at the top of the priority list regarding car selection.

Well yeah, Hyundais are full and Citroen might never be on the table for Ogier, who knows. But in the race between M-Sport and TMR we don't know who would be the winner. M-Sport would hardly can offer him much money in the current situation, without Ford Motor Co. backup, or strong sponsorship (Red Bull). But their car for sure can be amongst the winners. Toyota is more complicated, how far behind they are, and how fast they can step into? If there is a driver who can tell the difference, the Frenchman is the one. It'll be interesting year for sure, no matter of his choice.

N.O.T
24th November 2016, 08:18

looks like real understeer on wet asphalt.
guess he also want to take it for a spin on gravel as well!

more like Rossi moving to ducati a few years back.

itix
24th November 2016, 11:15
It is him.

I have heard a lot of people who refer to third party sources but as of yet, no pictures and no credible names. Like RallyPower said in another thread: The story about Ogier complaining about suspension smells bullshit loooong way. Ogier is a professional so I can't imagine a reporter going up to him like:
"Excuse me mr Ogier, what do you think of the car?"
"Well, ze zuspension is nout sou good, I mush prefer ze VolksWagen"

He'd form an opinion, sure but he wouldn't disclose it to each and every person he met. That just doesn't make any sense. Unless said journalist had some spy drone it smells BS long way.

AL14
24th November 2016, 11:44
I have heard a lot of people who refer to third party sources but as of yet, no pictures and no credible names. Like RallyPower said in another thread: The story about Ogier complaining about suspension smells bullshit loooong way. Ogier is a professional so I can't imagine a reporter going up to him like:
"Excuse me mr Ogier, what do you think of the car?"
"Well, ze zuspension is nout sou good, I mush prefer ze VolksWagen"

He'd form an opinion, sure but he wouldn't disclose it to each and every person he met. That just doesn't make any sense. Unless said journalist had some spy drone it smells BS long way.

lol :D
I do think Ogier was actualli testing the car (even if not 100%) but regarding that suspension thing I agree with you.
Loved the german accent :D

itix
24th November 2016, 12:28
lol :D
I do think Ogier was actualli testing the car (even if not 100%) but regarding that suspension thing I agree with you.
Loved the german accent :D

I am not saying it isn't him, just that it all smell a bit fishy... no pics or videos of him in or near the car or test team and everyone has heard it from somewhere else. He did leave Australia early so it is possible, just a bit... unconfirmed let's say.

stefanvv
24th November 2016, 12:35
I am not saying it isn't him, just that it all smell a bit fishy... no pics or videos of him in or near the car or test team and everyone has heard it from somewhere else. He did leave Australia early so it is possible, just a bit... unconfirmed let's say.

I'm apart from any "source" informations. My logic is more simple, if he drives like Ogier, then must be Ogier, even if like AL14 said it is not 100%, and it shouldn't for just first few kms in a completely new car.

smsgrafica
24th November 2016, 12:41
Happy now?

http://www.motorsport.com/wrc/news/ogier-completes-first-post-season-test-with-toyota-853217

Mirek
24th November 2016, 12:42
I'm apart from any "source" informations. My logic is more simple, if he drives like Ogier, then must be Ogier, even if like AL14 said it is not 100%, and it shouldn't for just first few kms in a completely new car.

Come on, You can't recognize the driver from a video of a car being driven on some road without at least seeing the particular driver on the same track before.

stefanvv
24th November 2016, 12:52
Come on, You can't recognize the driver from a video of a car being driven on some road without at least seeing the particular driver on the same track before.

Not for any drivers of course. But for Ogier is more easy with his aggressive style.

smsgrafica
24th November 2016, 12:56
Just the fact the Yaris had reflective windows and a darker windscreen should make you believe it was him. Other than that, take a look here: http://www.motorsport.com/wrc/news/ogier-completes-first-post-season-test-with-toyota-853217

Mirek
24th November 2016, 13:02
Not for any drivers of course. But for Ogier is more easy with his aggressive style.

No, its not easier. You're making fool of yourself.

In this case it's pretty clear it was him but not because how he drives.

itix
24th November 2016, 13:14
Happy now?

http://www.motorsport.com/wrc/news/ogier-completes-first-post-season-test-with-toyota-853217

Not really... large enough stir and eventually it will be reported as truth. Journalists copy each other all the time. Again, the suspension story reeks of cow excrement...
...also again, not saying it isn't him, I just want a credible source. Especially for the suspension story.

stefanvv
24th November 2016, 13:22
Just the fact the Yaris had reflective windows and a darker windscreen should make you believe it was him.

Dark & reflective windows, riiiiight. What for all the secrecy when he is openly telling about the test to the press? Isn't smelling something here?

stefanvv
24th November 2016, 13:30
No, its not easier. You're making fool of yourself.

In this case it's pretty clear it was him but not because how he drives.

Tell us Your prophecy Your "brightness"?

Mirek
24th November 2016, 13:31
Tell us Your prophecy Your "brightness"?

It's You who is making things up not me.

Franky
24th November 2016, 13:32
Not really... large enough stir and eventually it will be reported as truth. Journalists copy each other all the time. Again, the suspension story reeks of cow excrement...
...also again, not saying it isn't him, I just want a credible source. Especially for the suspension story.

Are the comments used in a quotation? If not, then the info might be from inside the TGR as well.

dimviii
24th November 2016, 14:19

when you watched the video ,behaviour of yaris it was ok for you?

Arwel Davies
24th November 2016, 14:21
Spoke to my "source" earlier. He confirmed that Seb wasn't happy with the lack of cup holders either and for those in the know, that is a massive deal breaker.

EstWRC
24th November 2016, 14:22
im sorry your sentence is confusing....what you want to say?

stefanvv
24th November 2016, 14:27
It's You who is making things up not me.

If I'm wrong, I don't lose anything. If I'm right, just use it for Your rally statistics, You're quite good at it.

spyros
24th November 2016, 14:30
If ford not coming dont expect Seb to join Malcolm 's team.

EstWRC
24th November 2016, 14:31
ok thank you

Rallyper
24th November 2016, 14:42
Happy now?

No, bcs same sources could be the case.

Andre Oliveira
24th November 2016, 14:44
Spoke to my "source" earlier. He confirmed that Seb wasn't happy with the lack of cup holders either and for those in the know, that is a massive deal breaker.

Don't understand. Toyota or M-Sport?

Rally Power
24th November 2016, 14:48

Nice example Sulland! Didn't Rossi took with him his tech guru? It'd would be even more amazing to see Ogier and VW's tech chief Demaison together in Toyota!

EstWRC
m-sport

itix
when you watched the video ,behaviour of yaris it was ok for you?
I am not a suspension expert... Also i can't possibly be asked to judge performance from a video.

I'm not trying to defend the Toyota here... There are many things that point towards Toyota not taking this seriously enough but it is also possible to give yourself handicap to conceal your competitiveness from others.

I'm trusting the stopwatch at the stages next year. Until then I'm not saying anything about the competitiveness of Toyota, only that some things look a bit... Odd.

However I don't believe that Ogier would immediately leak his opinions after having tested it, he is a professional. I'm not even sure it is him even though there are some indication that it is him. There is yet to be a credible source with solid info.

Mirek
24th November 2016, 14:58
Nice example Sulland! Didn't Rossi took with him his tech guru? It'd would be even more amazing to see Ogier and VW's tech chief Demaison together in Toyota!

Yes, he took Jeremy Burgess and some other people with him. The combo succeeded with Yamaha but failed with Ducati. Every case is special and even if Ogier is accompanied by FX it's still doesn't mean he can choose whatever crap and make it a winning machine.

dimviii
24th November 2016, 16:00
I am not a suspension expert... Also i can't possibly be asked to judge performance from a video.

you haven't got to be a ''suspension expert'' to see difference at videos, between c3 vs yaris vs polo 2017 vs Hyundai 2017.

dimviii
24th November 2016, 16:03

design has been done from months.Demaison if wants to change something at yaris design cant do it now.He can help,but not at the point you mean.

pantealex
24th November 2016, 16:07
Tommi is still at Japan.
Jarmo Lehtinen just came back from Australia, confirmed that Ogier drove yesterday but did´t say anything about else about that test. No comment was answer about JML/AM testing car.

http://www.iltasanomat.fi/ralli/art-2000004880271.html

EstWRC
24th November 2016, 16:11
thank god now itix and rallyper can sleep in peace!

rogef
24th November 2016, 16:22
Plus one more video of the Yaris test in the last days

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1lV_dCMnhI&spfreload=10

Credits: RacingBits

AL14
24th November 2016, 16:33

Poor Itix. :D
He said more than once that he wasn't doubtful about him to be Ogier but about the fact that he made such comments about suspensions publicy and that there wasn't strong sources to confirm it.
There is nothing wrong in what he said imho. And that article still don't confirm if Ogier said such things in public or not. (or at least it seems but google translate from finnish is awful).

pantealex
24th November 2016, 16:53
He said more than once that he wasn't doubtful about him to be Ogier but about the fact that he made such comments about suspensions publicy and that there wasn't strong sources to confirm it.
There is nothing wrong in what he said imho. And that article still don't confirm if Ogier said such things in public or not. (or at least it seems but google translate from finnish is awful).

I believe that Ogier said same as Jarmo Lehtinen: No comment.

Rallyper
24th November 2016, 17:42

??

itix
24th November 2016, 18:19

Eh well... it happens, I don't always read every post 100% correct :)
I guess we have a credible source if Lehtinen says it was him driving. I call it credible anyway. If that was Ogier it doesn't bode well for that car. It was oversteering and understeering everywhere and he if anyone should be able to make a car drive straight!

you haven't got to be a ''suspension expert'' to see difference at videos, between c3 vs yaris vs polo 2017 vs Hyundai 2017.

Well... I am in no way qualified to make a judgement just from looking at the car in some videos. You maybe feel that you are, likely others too, but I for sure am not.

dimviii
24th November 2016, 18:29
If that was Ogier it doesn't bode well for that car. It was oversteering and understeering everywhere and he if anyone should be able to make a car drive straight!.

finally you can feel some differences,even you are not a ''suspension expert''

Well... I am in no way qualified to make a judgement just from looking at the car in some videos. You maybe feel that you are, likely others too, but I for sure am not.

now again you cant judge from videos...

Sulland
24th November 2016, 18:33
Why do the other teams not to use the light or gyro sensor VW uses in the front?

Or do they get the same data recorded from other sensors?

Hartusvuori
24th November 2016, 18:39

Jarmo Lehtinen didn't comfirm it's Ogier on the Youtube video - the nightmare continues! ;-)

Mirek
24th November 2016, 18:55
Why do the other teams not to use the light or gyro sensor VW uses in the front?

Or do they get the same data recorded from other sensors?

They do but You don't need it everytime and not all tests are captured on photos/videos.

The other option is for example radar sensor but it looks nearly same, just doesn't make the light trace on the ground.

stefanvv
24th November 2016, 19:12
Or perhaps it is just not visible under '17 car's front bumper.

smsgrafica
24th November 2016, 20:52
Dark & reflective windows, riiiiight. What for all the secrecy when he is openly telling about the test to the press? Isn't smelling something here?

Well, Ogier is still under contract with VW until further notice. He may have the 'ok' to test other cars, but just having to make sure he isn't seen driving.

stefanvv
24th November 2016, 20:57
Well, Ogier is still under contract with VW until further notice. He may have the 'ok' to test other cars, but just having to make sure he isn't seen driving.

I haven't read his contract, can't tell.

smsgrafica
24th November 2016, 21:03
I haven't read his contract, can't tell.

Well, officially he hasn't terminated his contract, so officially he shouldn't be seen driving another car.

Mirek
24th November 2016, 21:07

Plausible deniability. If it's necessary You can deny that anything happened. Better to be prepared.

stefanvv
24th November 2016, 21:11
Well, officially he hasn't terminated his contract, so officially he shouldn't be seen driving another car.

He is officially under contract next year as well. Will we see batmobile on the wrc tracks if he wants to compete? Who will get the trophies?

Franky
24th November 2016, 21:22
He is officially under contract next year as well. Will we see batmobile on the wrc tracks if he wants to compete? Who will get the trophies?

Mr. O and Mr. I get the trophies incase the Batmobile wins

smsgrafica
24th November 2016, 21:23

You're just not making any sense now and I think my time would be better invested by staring at an empty wall, than talking to you any further...

stefanvv
24th November 2016, 21:30
You're just not making any sense now and I think my time would be better invested by staring at an empty wall, than talking to you any further...

Great! Stare at the wall, I'll just wait for some official announcement.

A FONDO
24th November 2016, 21:40

http://rs169.pbsrc.com/albums/u233/onemanzu/lol.gif~c200

I hope danon will come up with something

stefanvv
24th November 2016, 21:43
I hope danon will come up with something

I hope as well.

itix
24th November 2016, 22:02
finally you can feel some differences,even you are not a ''suspension expert''

now again you cant judge from videos...

Suspension is more than oversteer and understeer. Compression, rebound, body roll, unsprung weight, anti-roll bar stiffness etc etc... the aspects are a million and I can't possibly be the judge of what is better or worse.

I can tell when a car is over or understeering, that's not difficult... the rest however is for a real expert.

itix
24th November 2016, 22:03
Jarmo Lehtinen didn't comfirm it's Ogier on the Youtube video - the nightmare continues! ;-)

Hahaha... how will I get any sleep tonight?

stefanvv
24th November 2016, 22:05
how will I get any sleep tonight?

Couple of drinks will do.

stefanvv
24th November 2016, 22:10
Suspension is more than oversteer and understeer. Compression, rebound, body roll, unsprung weight, anti-roll bar stiffness etc etc... the aspects are a million and I can't possibly be the judge of what is better or worse.

I will have a headache. Can't be much more simple like "uni-steer"?

tomhlord
25th November 2016, 11:37
Sweet Lamb today - https://twitter.com/voiceofrally/status/802114175799558144

Lundefaret
25th November 2016, 11:42

I can tell when a car is over or understeering, that's not difficult... the rest however is for a real expert.

If you systemise everything you mentioned, you would have a very good basis to make an analysis :)

Mirek
25th November 2016, 11:44
If you systemise everything you mentioned, you would have a very good basis to make an analysis :)

If You are able of that You are an expert or at least close to being an expert ;)

tomhlord
25th November 2016, 11:53
Sweet Lamb today - https://twitter.com/voiceofrally/status/802114175799558144

Now Walters.

Can't wait to see some footage.

bassist
25th November 2016, 12:01
Now Walters.

Bugger- its only over the bloody road!

spyros
25th November 2016, 12:41
Now Walters.

what ever the outcome, we'll know what team has the better car for next season before monte ever starts!

N.O.T
25th November 2016, 12:59
what ever the outcome, we'll know what team has the better car for next season before monte ever starts!

I do not think Ogier will say which car is better.

Plus it is evident that the toyota is nothing.

AL14
25th November 2016, 13:08
I do not think Ogier will say which car is better.

Plus it is evident that the toyota is nothing.

He is referring to the fact that the car he will choose will be the best since he will have tried all of them. Not that he will say it.

Anyway I doubt that Hyundai and Citroen will give him the car before having an agreement.

N.O.T
25th November 2016, 13:14
He is referring to the fact that the car he will choose will be the best since he will have tried all of them. Not that he will say it.

Anyway I doubt that Hyundai and Citroen will give him the car before having an agreement.

he will not try all of them.

EstWRC
25th November 2016, 13:27
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyHHGxQWIAAIXZe.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyHHGxSWgAAxHQ5.jpg

Colin Clark ‏@voiceofrally
From @markrally on site at Walters. @SebOgier has just left in MW's Range Rover. Understanding is test went wel

tomhlord
25th November 2016, 13:34
Quick video from Mark James of the Ogier M-Sport test - https://twitter.com/markrally/status/802143447696211968

A FONDO
25th November 2016, 13:59
@SebOgier has just left in MW's Range Rover.
All windows tinted I suppose :D

Sulland
25th November 2016, 14:14
Read on twitter that Ogier felt the Fiesta chassis was too soft. I feel that has always been the case, compared to Polo and DS3.

Lundefaret
25th November 2016, 14:14
Interesting with very different philosophies regarding the chassis in the 17 cars.
- Volkswagen and Citroën most similar, with Citroën the most extreme in regards to the ratio between longditudal and transversal body movement (weight transfer.)
- Ford sits more down on all four wheels (like the RX car).
- Hyundai somewhere in between.
- Toyota on gravel not totally unlike Ford in philosophy.

Most downforce-fucussed seems to bee Ford and Toyota
Citroën also working a lot on aerodynamics, but also drag focused (maybe because of frontal area), and not that focused on keeping the underfloor parallel to the ground (at least not on gravel).
Toyota very focussed on low ride hight, but have done some compromises on gravel.

Some clever guys working on these cars :)

skarderud
25th November 2016, 14:39
Quite interesting that the "drag" behind the car has 3x more resistance than the displacement of the frontareal. So to awoid turbulance and drageffect is more important to go fast than the displacement of the frontarea. How faster you drive, how better it be seen.

Sent fra min XP7700 via Tapatalk

GigiGalliNo1
25th November 2016, 15:10
AS

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161125/f4409f2b5796ec9b98268a8ab19b6712.jpg

EightGear
25th November 2016, 15:14
It is actually quite weird to see Ogier driving a Fiesta. It seems very surreal, but I like it.

Lundefaret
25th November 2016, 15:36
Quite interesting that the "drag" behind the car has 3x more resistance than the displacement of the frontareal. So to awoid turbulance and drageffect is more important to go fast than the displacement of the frontarea. How faster you drive, how better it be seen.

That is not correct - or a misunderstanding.

Frontal area is the nr1 factor when it comes to aerodynamics, and the most important factor when it comes to drag (or air resistance in if you will.)

Example: A man (person) has about the same drag coefficient as a skyskraper (ex the Empire State Building), but drag is off course completely different because of the enormous difference in frontal area ;)

Mirek
25th November 2016, 15:45
I think he meant it different way. Large majority of drag is created at the rear of the car (better to say behind the car) not at the front. The car with vertical front face but long flowing rear-end has way less drag than a one with sharp front end but vertical rear (considering same projected normal area).

A FONDO
25th November 2016, 16:02
AS

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161125/f4409f2b5796ec9b98268a8ab19b6712.jpg

Pic of the week.

skarderud
25th November 2016, 16:13
I think he meant it different way. Large majority of drag is created at the rear of the car (better to say behind the car) not at the front. The car with vertical front face but long flowing rear-end has way less drag than a one with sharp front end but vertical rear (considering same projected normal area).
Yes, bad english:)

Example, bobsleigh as i know quite much how works, the drag effect behind the sled gives 3x the resistance that what the front do. Thats the reason a big wing, or a "high downforce" front can do more bad than good. Of course, sideways in the forrest is also a factor.
I'm a cabinetmaker and "has been" bobsledder, not wery familiar to technical english, so i have a little problem to write what i have in my head:)

Rally Power
25th November 2016, 16:23
Quick video from Mark James of the Ogier M-Sport test - https://twitter.com/markrally/status/802143447696211968

Sooo slow?!? It understeers like a pig! No way Ogier will sign for that piece of junk!!! What...not a Toyota?!? Ooooooh, it's a Ford...Yeah, it looks really great! Go for it Ogier!!! ;)

dimviii
25th November 2016, 16:41
another one who cant find a difference between yaris, c3 and fiesta 2017.

Mirek
25th November 2016, 17:07
Yes, bad english:)

Example, bobsleigh as i know quite much how works, the drag effect behind the sled gives 3x the resistance that what the front do. Thats the reason a big wing, or a "high downforce" front can do more bad than good. Of course, sideways in the forrest is also a factor.
I'm a cabinetmaker and "has been" bobsledder, not wery familiar to technical english, so i have a little problem to write what i have in my head:)

Actually the high downforce at the front is very very important for any kinf of motorsport (if it's allowed by the rules) because by the front wheels you steer. The tyre grip is somewhat limited and same for all. Adding weight upon the front wheels isn't very good idea because the weight has also a a lot of inertia. So the way to win turning speed and to reduce understeering is to add more downforce. What is very important is that anything at the front adds less drag than similar feature at the rear. Therefore you can win a lot by adding downforce at the front.

The downside is that those aerodynamic features at the front are somewhat impractical for some rally specifics like driving in deep snow, through water splashes etc.

skarderud
25th November 2016, 17:36
Actually the high downforce at the front is very very important for any kinf of motorsport (if it's allowed by the rules) because by the front wheels you steer. The tyre grip is somewhat limited and same for all. Adding weight upon the front wheels isn't very good idea because the weight has also a a lot of inertia. So the way to win turning speed and to reduce understeering is to add more downforce. What is very important is that anything at the front adds less drag than similar feature at the rear. Therefore you can win a lot by adding downforce at the front.

The downside is that those aerodynamic features at the front are somewhat impractical for some rally specifics like driving in deep snow, through water splashes etc.
Yes, of course the downforce in front is important.
What i trying to say is that if a front end that is "wrong" designed, like if it is perfect in a CAD simulator "separeted" from the rest of the car, it can make lots of turbulance(?) that will ruin some of the effect behind the car. It is interesting also how much this work at slow speed, like 100km/h, if its right.
This is much easier to explain in Norwegian! not shure it been totaly understandable this time eighter:)

Mirek
25th November 2016, 17:41
Now I understand. Yes, I agree. I know that a tiny student formula car of my Alma Mater generates around 60 kg of downforce at 80 km/h (if I remember right) and that's a thing only a little bit larger than a go kart.

Andre Oliveira
25th November 2016, 18:52
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyIQlF6XUAEv0U6?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyIQlFzXcAAzFZQ?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyIQlFsXAAA1C6M?format=jpg&name=large

https://twitter.com/rallycaptures/status/802221962948972545

Andre Oliveira
26th November 2016, 00:09
https://www.facebook.com/andrew.humphreys2/posts/10154139863253157

GigiGalliNo1
26th November 2016, 00:29
Could someone please recall and remember what some on here thought of the Korean i20 Hyundai, you know that white one many years ago that launched in Korea and they drove it on a test frack just sliding it... did it look like a winning car? It was a joke right?

Mirek
26th November 2016, 01:18
Could someone please recall and remember what some on here thought of the Korean i20 Hyundai, you know that white one many years ago that launched in Korea and they drove it on a test frack just sliding it... did it look like a winning car? It was a joke right?

That was in completely different phase of development. In that time it was made just for show and there was a lot of time to the first start. Now we are in already running homologation process, i.e. everything major has to be sorted out already.

Andre Oliveira
26th November 2016, 14:02
https://scontent-mad1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15192714_1472740506088832_5971423566153192153_n.jp g?oh=49fddd3edc466b5e12597ee1a9698c05&oe=58FB679C

dimviii
26th November 2016, 14:35
Ogier and Tanak
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1335569949806644&type=3&l=25bb74f6ec

GigiGalliNo1
26th November 2016, 14:40
Citroen C3 R5

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161126/3b6a671f1d1fc1d9575513be7a38a788.jpg

Andre Oliveira
26th November 2016, 14:41
https://www.facebook.com/JMSPhotographic/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1335569949806644

https://scontent-mad1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/15194551_1335570806473225_3622347564133793487_o.jp g
https://scontent-mad1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15267592_1335570863139886_1045171805976349917_n.jp g?oh=cfd0e7835724da0b11b84f87fd5321d0&oe=58C60BB5
https://scontent-mad1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15178224_1335570703139902_1921312893737794017_n.jp g?oh=d664b255d6683493a58ac88612566c9c&oe=58B8B52B

N.O.T
26th November 2016, 14:48
Citroen C3 R5

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161126/3b6a671f1d1fc1d9575513be7a38a788.jpg

you do realise its a photoshop... right ?

GigiGalliNo1
26th November 2016, 14:51
you do realise its a photoshop... right ?

Yup

The front bumper is badly done.

I wonder if they will build one to compete against the Polo R5

Imagine that, more models in the R5 category of the WRC than in the top class!

EightGear
26th November 2016, 14:52
Its already confirmed they will make one.

pantealex
26th November 2016, 15:05
Imagine that, more models in the R5 category of the WRC than in the top class!

and more R2 models than R5...

of course it´s like that, top of the pyramid/triangle is always "sharp"

dimviii
26th November 2016, 16:18
Teemu / Rallirinki ‏@HartusvuoriWRC ·

Testing for #YarisWRC today in Northern Catalan gravel. @TeemuSuninenRac behind wheel. #WRC2017

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyM2bkPXEAA4o4j.jpg

Andre Oliveira
26th November 2016, 18:24
Suninen tested TMG and TMR Yaris. Someone else?

dimviii
26th November 2016, 19:03
small clip with Ogier and fiesta
https://twitter.com/racingist/media

pantealex
26th November 2016, 19:55
Suninen tested TMG and TMR Yaris. Someone else?

Tommi

Sulland
26th November 2016, 20:00
The aerodynamicks is getting rediculus. Look at the small appartment the Yaris has in current config. Starting to look like an american short track car
https://shorttracks.us/racing-photos/2016/01/Steve-Kinser-Cocopah-Speedway.jpg

some would like to get rid of all the aero things and have slower and more sliding cars. We are soon back to the Metro 6R4, that I think was the first car buildt around aero and wind tunnel testing.

how much diff is it btw a R5 and WrcCar downforce wise?

Teemu / Rallirinki ‏@HartusvuoriWRC ·

Testing for #YarisWRC today in Northern Catalan gravel. @TeemuSuninenRac behind wheel. #WRC2017

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyM2bkPXEAA4o4j.jpg

Mirek
26th November 2016, 20:15
how much diff is it btw a R5 and WrcCar downforce wise?

Hard to say exactly but definitely huge difference. There are nearly no aerodynamic features allowed on the R5.

Andre Oliveira
26th November 2016, 22:55
small clip with Ogier and fiesta
https://twitter.com/racingist/media

Looks fast

br21
27th November 2016, 08:08
Hard to say exactly but definitely huge difference. There are nearly no aerodynamic features allowed on the R5.

I don't know the values, but you can feel big difference in grip on the rear when driving R5 without original rear wing. Also when you install big WRC rear wing then you feel big advantage over typical R5 wing.

janvanvurpa
27th November 2016, 09:06
The aerodynamicks is getting rediculus. Look at the small appartment the Yaris has in current config. Starting to look like an american short track car
https://shorttracks.us/racing-photos/2016/01/Steve-Kinser-Cocopah-Speedway.jpg

some would like to get rid of all the aero things and have slower and more sliding cars.

We are soon back to the Metro 6R4, that I think was the first car buildt around aero and wind tunnel testing.

Maybe first car after the mighty Saab 96....
And which came first: 7R4 or the Audi S2 "Batmobile" with all the foofy stuff which made World Debut at 1985 Oh-limp-wrist (Olympus) Rally
(1985 Olympus was FIA observation year--1906 was real WRC and last WRC for Saab 96 and a few other cars--in Group B)
Hannu Mikkola and Arne Hertz....so was that before 6R4?

Ok just checked 6R4 debut in November 85 at RAC, so Mikkola/Hertz Batmobil was before it in Jun 85 so it was second car.....efter 96:an

dimviii
27th November 2016, 09:21
Traxx - WR is Free ‏@Traxx_WiF · 14m14 minutes ago

@thierryneuville & @nicolasgilsoul testing the @HMSGOfficial i20 #WRC 2017 on tarmac

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyQg4g3WgAAsBgq.jpg

Toyoda
27th November 2016, 09:37
Traxx - WR is Free ‏@Traxx_WiF · 14m14 minutes ago

@thierryneuville & @nicolasgilsoul testing the @HMSGOfficial i20 #WRC 2017 on tarmac

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyQg4g3WgAAsBgq.jpg

Note the new front bumper aero haha, was msport or C3 first?

EstWRC
27th November 2016, 09:46
m-sport was first i think and after it everyone has done it.

dimviii
27th November 2016, 11:20
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyQ-_JUWEAAcxu0.jpg

BILLIOT Jérémie ‏@planetemarcus

#WRC Neuville-Gilsoul in action today in French Tarmac

EstWRC
27th November 2016, 11:25
interesting that they havent that camo livery anymore.

dimviii
27th November 2016, 11:30
https://scontent-bru2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/15196090_1323315687710517_1191067055946284915_o.jp g
https://scontent-bru2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/15196032_1323315551043864_8594432296705520840_o.jp g
https://scontent-bru2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/15235463_1323315694377183_1222501169929289558_o.jp g

itix
27th November 2016, 11:48
Still think Hyundai is the best looking -17 car. They seem to have taken some inspiration from the other teams...

EDIT: It is interesting... they are allowed slots in the rear wheel arches for what I assumed was brake cooling and the Hyundai has much smaller slots than the other teams. I guess the slot is used for other things in the other teams, like blowing the diffuser or something

Lundefaret
27th November 2016, 12:08
I really like the honeycomb crash structure on the doors of the new WRC cars. This is safety vise the weakest point on a rally car, and great to see it taken seriously!

Hyundai starting to look very good. :)
Front very Msport-inspired. Rear wing very much like VW/Citroën with the "GT upper mountings".
"Coupé-like" roof line should be an advantage getting air on the rear wing.
That it looks absolutely bad ass is no bad thing either!

Finally WRC-cars are starting to look the business again. :)

Rallyper
27th November 2016, 12:40
m-sport was first i think and after it everyone has done it.

No, no. You just missed what John VanLAndingham was trying to educate:

Saab 96 (eg. 92) was designed by an aeroplane manufacturer in Sweden. Had wing design. Reasons by that time was oc to reduce wind resistance(?). A legacy to the 96 winning model.

Mirek
27th November 2016, 13:08
I really like the honeycomb crash structure on the doors of the new WRC cars. This is safety vise the weakest point on a rally car, and great to see it taken seriously!

Do You have any picture?

Mirek
27th November 2016, 13:11
I really like the look of the car. For me together with Fiesta the best looking one.

er88
27th November 2016, 13:25
Lovely looking car

itix
27th November 2016, 13:38
I really like the look of the car. For me together with Fiesta the best looking one.

Am I the only one who think the Fiesta is the ugliest?

dimviii
27th November 2016, 13:41
I like the looks of Hyundai only,but I will wait to see the final photos with liveries.

Mirek
27th November 2016, 13:51

I may have a bit of soft spot for Fiesta because I spent some months of my life working on it (stock one) :)

Andre Oliveira
27th November 2016, 14:55
Fiesta have the most WOW factor :) my favourite

Sulland
27th November 2016, 15:40
I may have a bit of soft spot for Fiesta because I spent some months of my life working on it (stock one) :)

Mk1 is the best looking one!

Fast Eddie WRC
27th November 2016, 15:42
2017 Hyundai looks to be the most cohesive design I think, but not the most exciting. I still prefer the Fiesta.

EstWRC
27th November 2016, 16:09
Neuville https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VbhGK2fqGI

Simmi
27th November 2016, 16:14
Big fan of that Hyundai. It's really changed a lot in the last 3 months. Like Lunde says those big thick doors are really striking.

Andre Oliveira
27th November 2016, 16:25
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15267751_1130781337037716_8972924743160724619_n.jp g?oh=14d7f15319c1e9aa96645dcaa7d43adc&oe=58C97E31

itix
27th November 2016, 16:26
Neuville https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VbhGK2fqGI
That Hyundai is damn pretty. It's not going to win any rally being pretty, I know, but clear favorite. Hope it goes like it looks.

EstWRC
27th November 2016, 16:31
ill wait like dimvii to see how they look with their liveries on...atm in tarmac spec my clear fav is Fiesta but yes, i have to say overall the hyundai maybe looks the best.

EstWRC
27th November 2016, 19:20
Neuville https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_zv5ywh6pU

pantealex
27th November 2016, 19:21

Probably. I think everyone else than you will vote Yaris.

Mirek
27th November 2016, 19:27
Neuville https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_zv5ywh6pU

Watch at 0:35. It looks like even the guarding plates on the rear arms have an aero function or?

dimviii
27th November 2016, 19:37
Neuville again
https://twitter.com/hugo_blancher

itix
27th November 2016, 19:46
Probably. I think everyone else than you will vote Yaris.

Well, since the VW is out of the window it is now 2nd ugliest on my list so... Anyway, back to technical stuff. How locked in is the aero homologation? Anyone know? I remember Citroen last year changed the aero on the DS3 mid season without an issue.

dimviii
27th November 2016, 20:03
another one
https://youtu.be/RPbCZ-aNMVo

Andre Oliveira
27th November 2016, 20:08
https://scontent-mxp1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15109360_1533591113336977_9013013499533732394_n.jp g?oh=b71afcc7b92a4e48d5a210108b36756f&oe=58C91832
https://scontent-mxp1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15178956_1533591146670307_4719086557670650533_n.jp g?oh=df233a6a2b19e957ed989e1ed63d9e24&oe=58C726AB
https://scontent-mxp1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15283903_1533591160003639_349465699440925998_n.jpg ?oh=ae9f8c25785c57b15f11ec64d011b231&oe=58B2D6A7

Andre Oliveira
27th November 2016, 20:12
Hyundai: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp4Wb-8WubU

dimviii
27th November 2016, 20:13
thierryneuvilleIsn't she beautiful? More to come tomorrow when we test on one of my favorite roads ©H.Blancher #weapon

at French forum said that they will test till Thursday with Paddon and Sordo at Spain

Andre Oliveira
27th November 2016, 21:17
https://www.facebook.com/gritpicsrally/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1107874232615580

https://scontent-mxp1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15253377_1107877919281878_2764117777713675940_n.jp g?oh=1c919f1647774c52f152d8adad3b2de0&oe=58B9B82F
https://scontent-mxp1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15267726_1107877169281953_7607684506091911317_n.jp g?oh=7d901c75bea3b9cd97c72c7658cc1554&oe=58B99A71
https://scontent-mxp1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15193671_1107876839281986_2827995310131210115_n.jp g?oh=2ddcb35b23d5be14e7914ae130f5a4ce&oe=58C5F258

Mirek
27th November 2016, 21:22
In the last photo it is visible that the rear air intakes are both for cooling of the brakes and also the differential.

dimviii
27th November 2016, 22:13
In the last photo it is visible that the rear air intakes are both for cooling of the brakes and also the differential.

yes seems like that.
Hyundai choosed another route,they have installed nascar type air inlets at rear fenders near the rear window..

https://scontent-bru2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/15235463_1323315694377183_1222501169929289558_o.jp g
http://forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_11_2016/post-770-0-69212500-1480281949.jpg

dimviii
27th November 2016, 22:17
https://youtu.be/BFWjXiVyC2M

chris_bakelas
27th November 2016, 22:18
https://youtu.be/UXuUG9oMNdg another one video from the test. Cant wait for the new season

Στλθηκε απ το LG-D802 μου χρησιμοποιντας Tapatalk

Mirek
27th November 2016, 22:35
yes seems like that.
Hyundai choosed another route,they have installed nascar type air inlets at rear fenders near the rear window..]

Yes, I noticed that too.

Toyoda
28th November 2016, 00:22
Yes, I noticed that too.

Like wise, also interesting the I20 has edges on the flares and the extend to the back with an upper lip right at the back, the most recent Citroen videos show conventional oval flares, wonder if this is just that they don't want to show there flare design until Monte?

dimviii
28th November 2016, 13:19
Neuville today at fog

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyVqgFKXgAEu8fm.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyVqgFPXAAA2tkO.jpg

dimviii
28th November 2016, 13:28
day 2 video with Neuville
https://twitter.com/patbxl1000/media

mousti
28th November 2016, 14:02
Neuville testing last weekend.

https://youtu.be/11uxVyoqVV8

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONE E1003 met Tapatalk

Mirek
28th November 2016, 15:20
Does anybody know which road were they testing on? One place in the video reminds me one where I was a long time a go - on stage Saint Bonnet of RMC, Gardemeister went off there in 2010.

dimviii
28th November 2016, 16:00
Does anybody know which road were they testing on? One place in the video reminds me one where I was a long time a go - on stage Saint Bonnet of RMC, Gardemeister went off there in 2010.

yes at Saint Bonnet said at the French forum.

Fast Eddie WRC
28th November 2016, 16:07
Great pics from Ogier (& Tanak) M-Sport test: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1335569949806644&type=3&l=25bb74f6ec

https://scontent.flhr4-2.fna.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/15138446_1335570263139946_36767290949443831_o.jpg

https://scontent.flhr4-2.fna.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/15168769_1335570669806572_3961361897766308030_o.jp g

https://scontent.flhr4-2.fna.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/15138476_1335570539806585_7843440726097326470_o.jp g

dimviii
28th November 2016, 18:24
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyXPRmOWQAAcV-X.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyXPSO4WQAAhFY1.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyXPSlwWEAEoDZb.jpg

Passion Rallye
28th November 2016, 19:19
Flat Out Neuville / Gilsoul Hyundai I20 WRC 2017 Test Pré Monté Carlo 2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRUo7isng70

EstWRC
28th November 2016, 19:30
Neuville https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0erPxUg3qM

danon
28th November 2016, 20:19
Neuville https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0erPxUg3qM

Neuville should watch this... https://www.facebook.com/DefiendeLosRallyesvivelo/videos/436198506566211/?hc_ref=PAGES_TIMELINE

jliivak
28th November 2016, 21:11
Great pics from Ogier (& Tanak) M-Sport test: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1335569949806644&type=3&l=25bb74f6ec

[img]https://scontent.flhr4-2.fna.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/15138446_1335570263139946_36767290949443831_o.jpg

[img]https://scontent.flhr4-2.fna.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/15168769_1335570669806572_3961361897766308030_o.jp g

[img]https://scontent.flhr4-2.fna.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/15138476_1335570539806585_7843440726097326470_o.jp g

The co-driver for Ott is Martin Järveoja?

makinen_fan
28th November 2016, 21:46
The co-driver for Ott is Martin Järveoja?

Yes for this test

dimviii
28th November 2016, 21:53
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyXrUFGXcAEqB8k.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyXrVApXAAEA6p4.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyXrVU4WgAE7lbQ.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyYaD28WgAARdVP.jpg

EstWRC
28th November 2016, 22:02
Yes for this test

You work for m-sport right?

car
29th November 2016, 08:33
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyXrUFGXcAEqB8k.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyXrVApXAAEA6p4.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyXrVU4WgAE7lbQ.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyYaD28WgAARdVP.jpg

Whats going on with the front left in the photos? Looks low... suspension failure?

Also... do you or any other board members know if Ogier did test in Cumbria on Monday?

Thanks.

tomhlord
29th November 2016, 10:23
Nice little video from the Citroen Wales test. Holy moly, check out that suspension travel at 2:12 https://www.drivetribe.com/p/bmMCE8zDRtiAnR1-bZXmKw/CB1Av1OZTLukKHlcmyQE2A

itix
29th November 2016, 17:13
Whats going on with the front left in the photos? Looks low... suspension failure?

Also... do you or any other board members know if Ogier did test in Cumbria on Monday?

Thanks.
It's probably just parked with a bump under the right rear or something. I wouldn't read too much into it.

dimviii
29th November 2016, 17:43
Sordo small clips
https://twitter.com/ThibaultPascal/media

Sordo sliding
https://twitter.com/Traxx_WiF/media

Fast Eddie WRC
29th November 2016, 18:07
@GronholmM The last test with the VW 2017 car! https://t.co/ztwqOGcaY1

:(

dimviii
29th November 2016, 18:09
http://www.largus.fr/images/images/ford-fiesta_5.jpg
http://www.largus.fr/images/images/nouvelle-ford-fiesta2.jpg

Mirek
29th November 2016, 18:44
Sordo sliding
https://twitter.com/Traxx_WiF/media

For the first one :eek:

dimviii
29th November 2016, 20:19
For the first one :eek:

snow tyres probably.
some rumors at twitter about fire at Sordo test.

https://twitter.com/ericdobro

dimviii
29th November 2016, 20:44
Sordo
https://youtu.be/IQRjPJj4byk

dimviii
29th November 2016, 21:55
http://forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_11_2016/post-770-0-48666500-1480454680.jpg
http://forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_11_2016/post-770-0-17149700-1480454649.jpg
http://forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_11_2016/post-770-0-36843100-1480454699.jpg
http://forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_11_2016/post-144-0-71613700-1480456896.jpg

smsgrafica
29th November 2016, 21:58
Am I the only one who thinks the i20 is really ugly?

N.O.T
29th November 2016, 21:58

yes

stefanvv
29th November 2016, 22:22

No.

Andre Oliveira
29th November 2016, 23:12
snow tyres probably.
some rumors at twitter about fire at Sordo test.

https://twitter.com/ericdobro

True, exhaust problem provoque that fire. Dani and Marc need use helmets to throw water from river to car. Tomorrow, Paddon test, cancelled.

Yesterday, 2 cylinder runs according that source.

Munkvy
29th November 2016, 23:20

Yup, in white it shows both the good and bad lines, but definitely not attractive. Aggressive yes, pretty no. A good paint scheme may change all of that however.

Toyoda
30th November 2016, 01:11
True, exhaust problem provoque that fire. Dani and Marc need use helmets to throw water from river to car. Tomorrow, Paddon test, cancelled.

Yesterday, 2 cylinder runs according that source.

Poor Paddon, hope the fire was not to bad?

sollitt
30th November 2016, 02:49

Of course it is, as are all the cars with those ridiculous box guards. But if you want seriously ugly just look at the Toyota. That raises 'ugly' to whole new level!

dimviii
30th November 2016, 05:16
Neuville
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srX1mEgDmKA

dupanton
30th November 2016, 06:50
It's the best looking 2017 WRC imho. But that is not really a benchmark...

dimviii
30th November 2016, 13:57
DobroSport-autohebdo ‏@ericdobro · 5h5 hours ago

@fernischumi @eWRCresults Good news Hyundai is repaired, it turns this morning @HaydenPaddon

EstWRC
30th November 2016, 16:28
Sordo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BC3E7rbZkGQ

Mirek
30th November 2016, 16:39
I wonder how long the snow tyres last with such driving :)

EstWRC
30th November 2016, 17:45
video removed for some reason

A FONDO
30th November 2016, 20:27
Sordo from stephwrc https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzZt0xHqeFc

Toyoda
30th November 2016, 20:51
Sordo from stephwrc https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzZt0xHqeFc

Really slidey at the rear initially, was just cold tires or did he remove it with setup changes, massive difference between the first few at the last few, Looks pretty stable, still looks to be a softer setup than the polo or is that just me reading into the videos to much.

dimviii
30th November 2016, 21:08
final test for polo 2017 ended.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyifGuRXUAILDP7.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cyih1yFXUAsZPS_.jpg

Rallyper
30th November 2016, 21:34
final test for polo 2017 ended.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyifGuRXUAILDP7.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cyih1yFXUAsZPS_.jpg

So sad.

er88
30th November 2016, 21:43
What a fucking shame

Mirek
30th November 2016, 21:51
Really slidey at the rear initially, was just cold tires or did he remove it with setup changes, massive difference between the first few at the last few, Looks pretty stable, still looks to be a softer setup than the polo or is that just me reading into the videos to much.

As Dimviii already pointed out. Those sliding runs are most likely on snow tyres.

Toyoda
30th November 2016, 21:53
As Dimviii already pointed out. Those sliding runs are most likely on snow tyres.

Ahh sorry missed that, of course!

RICARDO75
1st December 2016, 13:10
Teemu Suninen testing Toyota in Italy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yydQnzBH2is&feature=em-uploademail

GigiGalliNo1
1st December 2016, 13:35
Slippy, sloppy and slidey!

rogef
1st December 2016, 13:36
Teemu Suninen testing Toyota in Italy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yydQnzBH2is&feature=em-uploademail

New suspension settings? I seems much softer, and with higher stroke, in front at least...

Sulland
1st December 2016, 15:44
Gravel setup on combined asphalt/gravel stages.

Jack4688`
1st December 2016, 18:11
What relevance is testing on a combined gravel and tarmac stage?

Lundefaret
1st December 2016, 18:37
What relevance is testing on a combined gravel and tarmac stage?

Catalunya?

dimviii
1st December 2016, 18:43
or maybe its just a small asphalt part at the gravel stage they choosed to test.

Toyoda
1st December 2016, 22:23
Nice to hear is being rev-ed properly, engine actually sounds nice,
Are the dimensions a but weird, it looks tall and narrow compared to the others?

Jack4688`
1st December 2016, 23:24
Catalunya?

But they change the set up overnight for Catalunya, not do a stage that has both surfaces.

Lundefaret
2nd December 2016, 08:26
But they change the set up overnight for Catalunya, not do a stage that has both surfaces.

Terra Alta?

Jack4688`
2nd December 2016, 11:27
Terra Alta?

I stand corrected. Not just Terra Alta by the looks of it http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/calendar/spain-2016/page/703--703-682-.html (by the way that is just the first result from googling 'Rally Cataluyna Terra Alta')

However, it still seems silly to test for something so rare in the WRC. Unless there is something to be learned which isn't specifically how the car works on mixed surface.

Lundefaret
2nd December 2016, 13:26
I stand corrected. Not just Terra Alta by the looks of it http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/calendar/spain-2016/page/703--703-682-.html (by the way that is just the first result from googling 'Rally Cataluyna Terra Alta')

However, it still seems silly to test for something so rare in the WRC. Unless there is something to be learned which isn't specifically how the car works on mixed surface.

There is actually quite a lot of running with gravel set up on tarmac, off course Catalunya, but also on Super Specials.
But this can well be that it was a section on a stage, and not really a focus point.
But you always learn something by testing on different grip levels.
Remember that the Toyota is still very early in development and its good to get a lot of different experience n different grip levels to try to understand the car and chassis.
We saw in the Ogier-test that Toyota has some struggles in low grip (tarmac), so could be good in this respect.