Quote Originally Posted by the sniper View Post
Another fantastic addition, thanks Antti!

I'm a big advocate for Taliesin. The road surface is in really good condition and it's a nice, characterful stage. It's a bit like a mini Myherin. A modern version would probably be better starting/finishing along the more westerly road from the junction 2.08km from the start on your map, as that is the main track through there now and it'd mean you can get at least a 10km stage out of it. Having asked the question, there is apparently no objection to its use on the forestry side. I don't think it's been used on National rallies since the mid 2000s, ewrc seems to indicate the 2006 Plains Rally was the last stage there and Andreas Mikkelsen was quickest!

It's an idea, I haven't walked it but I get the impression it's a pretty slow, narrow stage though. I seem to remember reading an organiser (maybe Colin Heppenstall, Roger Albert Clark Rally) say that they'd never personally use Guisborough again because they had big problems with local scallies from Guisborough coming up in the night and taking down stuff they'd set up for the stage!
I didn’t know the Roger Albert Clark went through Guisborough?
I ride my bike there a lot and it’s definitely wide enough and you could get a fair few miles in there too.
The old RAC did... an ex had lived on the estate that backs onto the forest all her life and she used to walk with her parents to watch it. It’s amazing to imagine 205T16s and S1s blasting around there back in the day.