Quote Originally Posted by Lundefaret View Post
NRK (Norways answer to the BBC) has demanded one class to show on television, and 4WD is by my account (sic.) to expensive.
We are trying to make the top class for 2WD. The idea is to have both in international (R2), national homologated (similar speed to R2), and the rear wheel drive Group H class run in one Norwegian Championship class.
Here we will achieve a lot of diversity, and also - with the national homologation - more money in to the sport via more manufacturers with importer, dealers, and subcontractors like oil and tool companies and so on.
I would be careful about this. In my opinion this cheap 2WD championship doesn't work in Great Britain. There is neither more competitors nor spectators. From my experience people want to watch cars powersliding and where there are no people there are no sponsors either. For example when WRC cars were banned in Czech championship in 2005 the number of spectators went down very hard. We had even up to 50 4x4 gr.N cars per event in next years but people weren't interested. Only with S2000 they started coming back (and now it's again in deep shit but for other reason).