Quote Originally Posted by Allez Andruet View Post
Unpopular opinion, but I'd still say the best, though undeniably high risk, option for TGR is to put all their faith in Latvala. Pending he clears his head during the off-season ofcourse. Make JML the #1, let Kalle learn in the third car and hire whoever is suitable for the #2 role. And no, this can not be justified based on 2019, but IMO there's still more unused potential in Latvala than there is in Meeke for example. And Evans, even with all his seasons in WRC, I feel is still a bit too green to take the #1 role. Anyway, not an easy one for Tommi...
You don't change a man after so many years. Latvala has passed his high and hasn't been able to match with the bests both mentally and also speedwise since he had to take more risk to keep the pace of Sebs (unless he was in his day but that happened only once in a while). I like Latvala as a person and as a driver, I remeber his best year, in 2014 when he was not far from Ogier after Alsace and a few rallys left. That year was his high, together with his first year in Toyota but if you want to win you need something more than raw speed, that's what Tanak got after the DMACK season and Latvala never got unfortunately.

Toyota should hire Ogier if they want to win the championship but I don't know how difficult it is or if it is feasible due to Tommy being the boss, I'm not following the silly season this year.