Page 108 of 168 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1676
    Liked 388 Times in 194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    Bit hard to do full season when he's in the army maybe? I'm sure he gets special treatment but still
    I'm sure if his government were prepared to give him special permission to take his driving test a year earlier than the law permits, they will give him a few weeks off here and there to participate in top level rallying.

Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    I'm sure he gets special treatment
    He sure will.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

3. Likes: Rallyper (9th November 2019)
    Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Essaj View Post
    When has he said this? ��
    First time I heard it during Rally Finland.
    And few times after that.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

5. Likes: Rallyper (9th November 2019)
    Liked 307 Times in 186 Posts
    few things to consider

Ogier, will he flout his contract, ie by taking a test drive in Toyota, in the hope he get fired?
    does that leave him a free agent.

what if he does that, and then doesn't like the Toyota?

is Ogier as fast as Tanak? my answer is no.
    therefore if Ogier was in Toyota this year, he would not have won the championship either?

what if the Toyota isn't as strong as he thinks? it was Tanak making it look good.

Toyota are not going to pay Citroen a break fee, Ogier will have to pay that, which could be a years Citroen wages, which means he drives the toyota for net zero money (excluding bonuses)

Citreon will never release Ogier, if that want to stay in WRC in 2020. They are now maybe convinced they have a good car, with the upgraded aero, or at least better than it was.

The rules are stabilized for a few years now... you will see the performance of the cars converging

Meeke 2nd year in Yaris could be a threat to Ogier, at least on speed, maybe not consistency. He was match for Tanak on a few rallies. Latvala wouldn't be a threat to Ogier, he has been there 3 years now, there is no room for improvement for JML. What if Roverpera shows them all up on a couple of events?

Citroen maybe will pull out after 2020. If that is the case, they will not be distracted by developing a new 2021 car, unlike the others.

My view is Ogier is bettering staying where he is. If he goes to Toyota and it doesnt work out.. its Ogiers looks bad. If he stays in the C3, he can still be the one that 'turned it around', if is doesnt work in 2020 in C3, "its a dog" as we all know.
    Last edited by wrc2017; 8th November 2019 at 22:31.

Quote Originally Posted by wrc2017 View Post
    Ogier, will he flout his contract, ie by taking a test drive in Toyota, in the hope he get fired?
    does that leave him a free agent.
    Getting fired (due to apparent breach of contract) doesn't make you a free agent.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

8. Likes: AnttiL (9th November 2019)
    Liked 307 Times in 186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Andruet View Post
    Getting fired (due to apparent breach of contract) doesn't make you a free agent.
    I'm only saying, it depends how the contract is worded. "if driver DECIDES to leave.." is different than being fired..

I'm only saying, it depends how the contract is worded. "if driver DECIDES to leave.." is different than being fired..
    Whatever the exact wording on the contract is, it for sure won't allow such option where the driver (even if it's Seb II himself) would be free just to jump ship like that.

11. Likes: AnttiL (9th November 2019),pantealex (9th November 2019)
    We had that precedent last year when Meeke was sacked. We had a complete news blackout and no comment from Kris or Citroen, and it appeared he was unable to get a drive in the wrc for the remainder of his contract.

I spoke to Desborough last summer, and asked him if there was any news or comment from Kris. He told me back then with the caveat of "between you and me" hence why I didn't mention it on here, that Kris was suing Citroen. Take from that what you will, but I think it may have been to try and be free from any contract so he could persue a drive elsewhere.

Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm75 View Post
    We had that precedent last year when Meeke was sacked. We had a complete news blackout and no comment from Kris or Citroen, and it appeared he was unable to get a drive in the wrc for the remainder of his contract.

I spoke to Desborough last summer, and asked him if there was any news or comment from Kris. He told me back then with the caveat of "between you and me" hence why I didn't mention it on here, that Kris was suing Citroen. Take from that what you will, but I think it may have been to try and be free from any contract so he could persue a drive elsewhere.
    Yeah, it gets weird when a contract prevents you from earning a living. I've had such contracts with previous employers (non-compete etc) and they can always be broken, but in Ogier's case it is different since he is not fired from Citroen like Meeke was.

Quote Originally Posted by racerx1979 View Post
    Yeah, it gets weird when a contract prevents you from earning a living. I've had such contracts with previous employers (non-compete etc) and they can always be broken, but in Ogier's case it is different since he is not fired from Citroen like Meeke was.
    Yes there are loopholes, where a contract states you can't go and work for a rival, or within a certain distance in the same field of work, there are also laws regarding being prevented from working for a living that can counteract the contract clauses.

Only basing this on WRC2017's theory about Ogier (or his wife) doing something that forces Citroens hand.