Page 25 of 133 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,878 Times in 734 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    usually the temperatures in the forest are a lot lower than populated areas.
    Funniest thing I've read today, you haven't been to Torsby or Hagfors have you?

2. Likes: Entertainer (3rd February 2019),lnvs (6th February 2019),ruesluporp (4th February 2019),Tauri_J (4th February 2019)
    Liked 378 Times in 184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DocMS View Post
    As should your comments on here.

Use the report-button. Maybe it works? Or maybe not.

Liked 335 Times in 176 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    Nope.
    Posted picture shows a week with plus degrees and rain... in that case the roads would be destroyed. I'm not saying thats true forecast, just reffering to exact picture.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lead View Post
    Posted picture shows a week with plus degrees and rain... in that case the roads would be destroyed. I'm not saying thats true forecast, just reffering to exact picture.
    It's a more complex situation than one weather forecast. The Norway stages will have different climate to that of the Saturday stages, and in the forests there are more shady and more open places. And like we saw in 2016 the organizers can still do a lot by canceling the worst stages and repairing the better ones to make the rally run through instead of canceling altogether. And finally, these forecasts are for a week ahead, and that is still almost a full week before the rally starts. A lot can still happen. We just have to wait.

6. Likes: WRC1 (4th February 2019)
    Liked 335 Times in 176 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    It's a more complex situation than one weather forecast. The Norway stages will have different climate to that of the Saturday stages, and in the forests there are more shady and more open places. And like we saw in 2016 the organizers can still do a lot by canceling the worst stages and repairing the better ones to make the rally run through instead of canceling altogether. And finally, these forecasts are for a week ahead, and that is still almost a full week before the rally starts. A lot can still happen. We just have to wait.
    Sure thing. I have been to rally Sweden many times, so I know how weather differentiates in that region. I just want the best possible weather conditions for drivers and spectators to enjoy the event, so these "+" degrees for a long period of time, doesnt do any good.

8. Likes: ruesluporp (4th February 2019)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    https://www.yr.no/place/Sweden/V%C3%...rsby/long.html

Now the forecast has at least turned better, being on the plus degrees only from Saturday morning to Monday afternoon, returning onto good minus degrees on Tuesday, meaning it should create a good ice layer. But again, it's too early to predict that far. But at least I wouldn't be worried about the rally being cancelled.

10. Likes: ELPE (4th February 2019),Rallyper (4th February 2019),tommeke_B (4th February 2019)
    Liked 91 Times in 54 Posts
    Yeah, Foreca seems to be on similar tracks. Really early days though. Lets see.

Liked 2,832 Times in 1,606 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lead View Post
    If snow is just packed by vehicles, it will only transmit to icy stuff and when minus degrees it will be strong ice. If we´re lucky that´s what´s going to happen...
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

13. Likes: Entertainer (4th February 2019)
    Liked 2,832 Times in 1,606 Posts
    On radio meteorologist says 2-3dm snow in Värmland next coming 24h. Then forecast as already said rest of the week.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 95 Times in 37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    On radio meteorologist says 2-3dm snow in Värmland next coming 24h. Then forecast as already said rest of the week.
    Yeah, forecasts were really bad for a day or two but has turned now,; rally week has 0 to -7 degrees well until sunday and some snow thursday 14th.

16. Likes: Rallyper (4th February 2019)