Page 114 of 152 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1516
    Liked 16,104 Times in 6,991 Posts
    according to French forum stage is dry as at morning

---------------

The first is dry and it will not rain. There is wind and clouds tend to rise. It's the same temperature as this morning.

Liked 307 Times in 186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B View Post
    It's easy to blame Matton in hindsight. Maybe his biggest mistake was giving Meeke so many chances to drive (and keep driving) in the WRC.
    those pesky Belgians

Liked 2,842 Times in 1,615 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    I think that it's quite clear that the main Citroën issue in the past years was own team management. They have been able to achieve some limited success but they haven't been able to build on it.

By the way just look at the team season standings. They are the last with nearly 100 points gap to the team ahead. Thats no success no matter how one tries to twist it.
    But still more about the drivers abilities than car.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 3,797 Times in 1,983 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B View Post
    It's easy to blame Matton in hindsight. Maybe his biggest mistake was giving Meeke so many chances to drive (and keep driving) in the WRC.
    For me the biggest mistake is not hiring any of the 3 free VW drivers ( saying he was only interested in Ogier and only vaguely - "If he calls we can talk"- like)). Combined with the C3 development with (seemingly) feedback from only 1 driver with any experience (Meeke).

Imagine if Latvala went to Citroen instead of Toyota f.e. Maybe Toyota would not show any good result and Tanak wouldn't join them ...etc. or if Mikkelsen joined and they started changing the car after 1-2 rounds instead of after 6.
    Last edited by mknight; 28th October 2018 at 09:30.

5. Likes: Mirek (28th October 2018),tommeke_B (28th October 2018)
    Liked 11,193 Times in 4,442 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    But still more about the drivers abilities than car.
    Mostly yes but it's the management who chooses the drivers.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

7. Likes: Rallyper (28th October 2018),TWRC (28th October 2018)
    Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    The team management is one of the factor to blame for their terrible performance. However, it seems like everybody forget how bad a developmental driver Meeke is. He had developing and fine-tuning the C3 for a whole year and he even said he feel comfortable with the car before the 2017 championship started. Yet, he can only bring some great driving occasionally (Mexico,Corsica and Catalunya)

9. Likes: tommeke_B (28th October 2018)
    Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Sun 10:59 - Media Zone: Sébastien Ogier"The most important is Thierry, we said that yesterday. Seb took a risk and it paid off, for a title contender it would have been a bit of a risk to make this choice. The car wasn't working very well on the last stage, especially on the bumpy sections, so we need to make some changes in service. I think we were a bit too low and the car was touching too much on the floor. It is no question that Thierry will push, and we are both not allowed to make mistakes so the pressure will really be on."Sun 10:56 - Media Zone: Thierry Neuville"It has been a good morning, but it was tough out there and very intense. Not the best tyre choice but I didn't want to take too many choices, I though Ogier would be going with softs as well. We need to finish ahead of him so it was important for us to stay in the points. "I don't know if anyone has an advantage in the Power Stage, the only advantage I have is my right foot."
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 11,193 Times in 4,442 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brianjai View Post
    The team management is one of the factor to blame for their terrible performance. However, it seems like everybody forget how bad a developmental driver Meeke is. He had developing and fine-tuning the C3 for a whole year and he even said he feel comfortable with the car before the 2017 championship started. Yet, he can only bring some great driving occasionally (Mexico,Corsica and Catalunya)
    I would be very very careful about such statements. In fact I would not comment that at all without being an insider. This is easy to say but things can be very easily very different than what is presented on public.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

12. Likes: jonkka (28th October 2018),TWRC (28th October 2018)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    I would be very very careful about such statements. In fact I would not comment that at all without being an insider. This is easy to say but things can be very easily very different than what is presented on public.
    very well said.

end of power stage

15. Likes: Mirek (28th October 2018),TWRC (28th October 2018)