Page 161 of 277 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171211261 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 2762
    Liked 140 Times in 81 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tomhlord View Post
    Ah, Gymkhana GRID is his own concept. Events where drivers go head-to-head on a timed course that involves lots of doughnuts and handbrake turns.

I am going to surmise that he will be rallying in the newly formed American Rally Association championship and give Subaru some competition in a Fiesta R5-based vehicle.
    That's my hope, and it would probably finally settle the ARA/Rally America schism if Ford could be persuaded to join Subaru of America in the ARA. A prepared Focus RS would probably match up well against the Impreza and still be cheaper than world rally-cross.

Liked 317 Times in 182 Posts
    IT'S HERE!!!
    #RX'n Roll: When in Riga
    Starring:
    Nico Müller
    Reinis Nitišs
    Topi Heikkinen

With Mattias Ekström.

https://www.facebook.com/mattiasekst...9310039261156/
    Last edited by BleAivano; 5th October 2017 at 19:11.
    ...Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...

3. Likes: pantealex (6th October 2017)
    Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal the 2nd View Post
    Wonder how Ford's announcement will effect ticket sales for the god awfully named "Speedmachine festival" at Silverstone next year?
    I hope that it causes a huge hit to the attendance...but I suspect that they'll end up with more than Lydden despite losing a lot of existing fans and people travelling from Europe.

I hate the idea of Speedmachine, in particular because they were selling stupidly expensive earlybird tickets without announcing any of the 'big name' musicians. Also, given the 'big name' musicians that they pull in for the Silverstone Classic, I'm not sure who's going to be that interested in playing there anyway.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 140 Times in 81 Posts
    Ford's new CEO's going on about being more of an appliance company looking at the future of electricity and automation, which doesn't leave much room for any kind of motorsport no matter what's powering the motor. Every new leader at Ford makes pretty drastic changes from their predecessor so the company seems to lurch around like a drunken sailor.

It really sucks in the US as Ford keeps trying to bring us a decent world car only to give up after a year or two. And now I've got thirty years of watching it happen again and again.

6. Likes: the sniper (10th October 2017)
    Liked 59 Times in 43 Posts
    Too long.. Sorry. But Theres a good question at the end

Sometimes its hard being a racing fan, eh? I mean... Manufacturers are nothing but a business, like our own little business or the ones we are currently working at. They need to profit.. PERIOD.
    I dont believe any manufacturer other than Ferrari puts its racing passion above their business. (and I could be wrong about Ferrari haha Its fine)
    If there is a big push for electric-shared-autonomous car... and there is... Theres nothing we can do about. We are going to suffer. (adopt Buddhism and DO NOT SUFFER!)

I believe the future of transportantion is like... Electric Autonomous "Vans", with "Two Rooms" for 5 peoaple each. Cuz its gonna be a shared vehicule. That... plus electric autonomous bus and BIKES (also electric, but not autonomous... and you share them like "Use it and leave it anywhere for the next person")
    This is very sad, but its probably the future. (Actually I saw this at some tech-news article. But I cant find right now) We are not gonna have flying uber drones.. CUZ OF THE NOISE ABOVE OUR HEADS haha Maybe at some especific points.. who knows.

Back to racing... Why would manufacturers invest in racing if CARS will becme only "A transportation thing"? We are already seen this. People dont care much about cars nowadays. We know that. And we are seeing motorsport attendance and ratings going down.
    Maybe they could invest in Software development.. Have u guys seen this "ROBORACE"? its an autonomous electric racing series that will debut next year or in 2019. (Lucas DiGrassi is the new CEO, btw)
    IDK if this will be appealing for racing fans... I mean.. I love watching even European RC Tournments on youtube.. Drone racing (DRL).. Some iRacing too.. But.. meh

Ohh.. also, another point. IDK if this could be a problem. But... why would, lets say, FORD would pay, like, 10mi for Ogier if they can pay a 1mi prize in a FORZA (the game) world champinship with MILLIONS of people watching? Or maybe sponsor that pewdiepie guy, who would give SOOO MUCHHH exposure of the Ford's logo on the internet than a French guy racing around Trees?.. Cuz, you know.
    If a manufacturer can profit 300% by not selling their cars, but using it as UBER and charge everyone who is using... I mean. You're 16.. and you see your favorite 'eSport athlete' wearing a Ford hat... Would u use the Ford "uber-Ride' App on your mobile or the Chevrolet Uber-Ride App?
    ...sorry for the long post and some bad english. I like to think about this but its kinda hard to express when EN is not your native language. Cheers haha
    Last edited by giu canbera; 10th October 2017 at 20:03.

8. Likes: leighton323 (11th October 2017)
    Liked 1,444 Times in 828 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasselhoax View Post
    FIA appendix J art. 279 (RX)
    RALLYX supercars
    - Up to 2.058 litre supercharged 4 cylinder petrol engine (2.33 litres for diesel).
    -The block must derive from the same reg. trademarks original block as the cars original bodywork (If car looks like Citroen then block needs to be Citroen)
    - 45mm restrictor (power around 600 BHP)
    - Minimum car weight depending on engine size
    - Bigger brakes than WRC cars if one wants, adjustable brake balance in-car
    - Free rim size (max 18")
    - Cars must have sprung suspension, other than that it's free (you can use hydropneumatic suspension if you like - cool!)
    - Free positioning of water radiator(s) (eg. mounted in the rear)

The RALLYX cars have much less regulations stipulating what can and can't be done. And you have to bear in mind the fact that RX have to withstand a certain amount of bashing. So many differences between the two categories comes from that

Note when I say "free" I mean the regulations are free

Feel free to fill in here and of course expressing your fury over my so called knowledge.
    Know it's been almost 4 years since you wrote this, but I was wondering, have they made any changes since? and are they planning to make any changes to the regulations?
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 1,878 Times in 734 Posts
    A new airport has just started being built 50km from Höljes in Rörbäcksnäs, i guess that helps secure the future for the event.
    http://scandinavianmountains.se/en/
    Last edited by SubaruNorway; 10th October 2017 at 21:17.
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Talking bout Trucks... what u guys think about those Super Trucks series from "Murica?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjJQI3AT9uY
    Its "kinda like" a RallyCross series with 4wd Big Trucks.. haha

I love these PRO4 class (from Both Lucas Oil Off Road Series and TORC Racing Series)
    I even signed the Lucas Oil Racing TV to watch these beasts (Its like a Netflix for racing series that are sponsored by Lucas Oil. Pretty interesting. Boat racing, Sprintcars, Drag Racing, MotoCross etc)

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by giu canbera View Post
    Talking bout Trucks... what u guys think about those Super Trucks series from "Murica?
    It scares the hell out of me when you see them on street circuits, they jump so high that it wouldn't take much of a problem to see one of them clear the fence.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by MrJan View Post
    It scares the hell out of me when you see them on street circuits, they jump so high that it wouldn't take much of a problem to see one of them clear the fence.
    That series racing on Indycar's street tracks is called ... like... Robby Gordon Stadium Super Trucks.
    But SST is a spec series, rwd only... its pretty fun but its kinda different from LOORRS and TORC. These 2 are way much cooler IMO