Quote Originally Posted by dupanton View Post
An Opel Kadett with 2.4 engine. Giving the limited experience of my driver (only his 5th Rally) I think the result was very good. Some very good stage times with faster cars behind us in the morning (when it was still a bit wet). When it dried out we lost some places, but overall very happy with the rally

Opel! I like Opels! I kept that last Opels competing in USA/Canada going some years back...We got Kadett A which mercifully nobody bother with and then Ascona and Manta A with the CIH 1900...And one friend bought what i believe is the only Ascona B in America which was brought over for Olympus WRC and then stayed here..Built a good motor for that one in 1987 and last year re-did the bottom end with new even longer rods and much shorter and very light pistons, then made him a couple of steel flywheels....that one is 1965cc and then next one will be 2020cc-----if the guy ever pays his bill..

What can you tell me about how that one got to be 2,4? Normal iron head? What clutch? What gearbox? I want to see photos!