Page 62 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
    Liked 887 Times in 277 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory View Post
    So pleased I shall be in Finland for the re-match!
    Suspect Lunde may have got Hayden trying stuff in prep!
    Finland will be a different ball game. Less sweeping factor. Latvala and Ogier will be very strong. A certain Estonian will be even more motivated to claim his first victory. A few drivers that have underachieved a little on this event would want to rectify that, Sordo and Østberg being two of them. Neuville has been very strong in Finland earlier, and Andreas will off course have some new found motivation, Meeke will have bad intentions, and knowing Hayden he dont want to be just coasting around either. So Finland should be interesting to say the least
    Last edited by Lundefaret; 3rd July 2016 at 15:00.
    https://www.facebook.com/noseendfirst?ref=hl#

2. Likes: cali (3rd July 2016),Fast Eddie WRC (3rd July 2016)
    Liked 82 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noel157 View Post
    Mikkelsen could have been a bit more gracious in his interview. He walked backwards into his victory.
    Are you serious? Mikkelsen was the only one keeping up with Tanak despite his starting position. Of course everyone is feeling sorry for Tanak, but this is rally. Mikkelsen drove like a champ all weekend and should get credit for that.

4. Likes: AL14 (3rd July 2016),Fast Eddie WRC (3rd July 2016),Lundefaret (3rd July 2016),Munkvy (3rd July 2016),Simmi (3rd July 2016),stefanvv (3rd July 2016)
    Liked 887 Times in 277 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Are you serious? Mikkelsen was the only one keeping up with Tanak despite his starting position. Of course everyone is feeling sorry for Tanak, but this is rally. Mikkelsen drove like a champ all weekend and should get credit for that.
    Totally agree. The top three drivers went full on for a whole weekend, and it ended with a duell, and going absolutely flat in todays conditions off course has its risks, so all tough i share the gutted feeling for Tänak, this is a victory fair and square.
    https://www.facebook.com/noseendfirst?ref=hl#

6. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (3rd July 2016)
    Liked 52 Times in 31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lundefaret View Post
    Totally agree. The top three drivers went full on for a whole weekend, and it ended with a duell, and going absolutely flat in todays conditions off course has its risks, so all tough i share the gutted feeling for Tänak, this is a victory fair and square.
    I can agree with you, but being Estonian and therefore at least a little bit more biased, I think Tänak drove a better rally. On some onboards you can see Mikkelsen being a bit ragged and making small mistakes but I don't think Ott did as many.

Anyways, congratiulations to Andreas, even if his victory ruined my mood for the whole day.

Liked 82 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by onemanband View Post
    I can agree with you, but being Estonian and therefore at least a little bit more biased, I think Tänak drove a better rally. On some onboards you can see Mikkelsen being a bit ragged and making small mistakes but I don't think Ott did as many.

Anyways, congratiulations to Andreas, even if his victory ruined my mood for the whole day.
    Maybe Andreas did some small mistakes during this rally, but saying "he walked backwards into his victory" is just bitterness. It was a fair fight where Andreas ended on top after a great weekend.
    Im sure Tanak will come back stronger. He shows that he is a top top driver and victory will come!

9. Likes: Mirek (3rd July 2016)
    Liked 52 Times in 31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Maybe Andreas did some small mistakes during this rally, but saying "he walked backwards into his victory" is just bitterness. It was a fair fight where Andreas ended on top after a great weekend.
    Im sure Tanak will come back stronger. He shows that he is a top top driver and victory will come!

I agree with you. You always have to be gracious in defeat as they say...
    But I can understand where the bitterness comes from because his victory was not due to superior driving or opponent's driver error, but due to just good luck-bad luck. And that is the thing that gives me optimism for the future.

I must add that I have never had that kind of emotion before from a motorsport event

11. Likes: EstWRC (3rd July 2016)
    Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    There simply isn't enough emotion or great storylines in WRC these days.

So although this is painful for Ott and a lot of fans, all in all it's good for the sport I think. More signs of positive change, as close competition creates this kind of drama. Roll on Finland. Can't wait to hike into Ruuhimaki for Shakedown!
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

13. Likes: EstWRC (3rd July 2016),Fast Eddie WRC (3rd July 2016),Hartusvuori (3rd July 2016)
    Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    Tänak in a lot better mood at the press conference at the moment. When they were taking seats then Paddon showed to Tänak to sit in the middle

As a random aside - how strong is Ogier!? Casually holding up a fully grown man with one arm.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

15. Likes: Rallyper (3rd July 2016)
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    He is a beast !!!

17. Likes: Rallyper (3rd July 2016)
    Liked 12,282 Times in 5,284 Posts
    No. Tänak is very light. thats why he was so fast
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -