Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Liked 165 Times in 131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    HAM in hot water?
    Diniz In the Oven!
    That is my all time fav F1 headline of all time! Put it with the photo of him bailing out of his aflame Ligier... pure editorial gold.

Liked 33 Times in 30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88 View Post
    The girl who got sprayed said 'it's been blown out of all proportion, and the foreign media are too sensitive'. I agree with her. Tabloid intrusion into a sport they don't understand sadly. Let's hope Lewis is spraying more people this weekend.
    Yeah, i just read the same thing. She actually wishes this whole thing were to just go away. It's not a big deal to her and she even said it was over within a couple of seconds anyway(that's what SHE said...).

Typical media overblowing this again!
    Form is Temporary, Class is Permanent

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    Over the years I have not seeing Kimi soaking the podium Girls with bubblewater. And it is, get that MacLarens out of the way, not monkeys.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kfzmeister View Post
    Yeah, i just read the same thing. She actually wishes this whole thing were to just go away. It's not a big deal to her and she even said it was over within a couple of seconds anyway(that's what SHE said...).

Typical media overblowing this again!
    Yup, and, as usual, there are always sheep that follow!

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    I agree itīs blown out of proportion. Were they really expecting him to behave as a gentleman or what? This is who he is and this is how he behaves. Just watch, judge and dislike him, like I do. I donīt get all this fuss.

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mia 01 View Post
    Over the years I have not seeing Kimi soaking the podium Girls with bubblewater.
    What, Kimi waste good booze???!!!
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

7. Likes: Big Ben (20th April 2015)
    Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior View Post
    No no. Did you observed that yesterday Kimi had a close Watch on Lewis bottle and on the man himself.

Liked 682 Times in 478 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior View Post
    Kimi does seem to always at least get a taste before he sprays anyone down.

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    This criticism of Lewis Hamilton is an absolute load of nonsense. Podium girls have been getting comprehensively squirted on a regular basis in all forms of motorsport for as long as I can remember. Lewis did nothing to warrant being singled out for criticism, apart perhaps for committing the crime of being Lewis Hamilton, which I understand is a problem for some people.

I think the uninitiated critics ought to watch some bike racing podium celebrations to help establish some context. Bike racers on the whole take themselves far less seriously than car racers. I remember one girl being pursued around the podium with a jet of champagne aimed deliberately up her bum. Imagine the outrage if Lewis attempted anything like that. Once the half-wit readers had been instructed by the Daily Mail on what they should suddenly become outraged over, Lewis would be finished!

11. Likes: The Black Knight (22nd April 2015)
    Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Triumph View Post
    This criticism of Lewis Hamilton is an absolute load of nonsense. Podium girls have been getting comprehensively squirted on a regular basis in all forms of motorsport for as long as I can remember. Lewis did nothing to warrant being singled out for criticism, apart perhaps for committing the crime of being Lewis Hamilton, which I understand is a problem for some people.

I think the uninitiated critics ought to watch some bike racing podium celebrations to help establish some context. Bike racers on the whole take themselves far less seriously than car racers. I remember one girl being pursued around the podium with a jet of champagne aimed deliberately up her bum. Imagine the outrage if Lewis attempted anything like that. Once the half-wit readers had been instructed by the Daily Mail on what they should suddenly become outraged over, Lewis would be finished!
    While I don't agree with the 'outrage' and believe Hamilton's actions to be completely inoffensive I think you're missing the point. It's not enough to defend an action by saying that other people do it too. That doesn't defend your actions but merely says that you shouldn't be singled out.

Again, I don't agree with the outrage but the question isn't one of whether women should be sprayed with champagne but rather should women be used as nothing more than decorations? Personally I don't have a problem with the concept of grid girls but I'm male and don't mind looking at a pretty face (don't tell my wife, not that her face isn't pretty). To a degree, I can see why people of certain persuasions get upset over this type of thing. Sometimes it's misplaced (as is the case here) other times it's a genuine issue and shouldn't be dismissed as the rant of an out-of-control PC fanatic.
    Forza Ferrari!!

13. Likes: Mia 01 (22nd April 2015)