Quote Originally Posted by Myrvold View Post
The Krono Xsara was a better car than the 307 though. His absolute top results in 05 came in Cyprus or Acropolis (one of those abrasive, rallies) and the Australia where all top guys retired, Duval won and Rovanperä in the Lancer was 2nd. In 07 Stohl was back to that pace again.
If you look at Wilson and Greensmith, the results are quite similar, 7th, 8th, 9th, random 5th and so on.

Obviously the huge difference is that Wilson was just an added driver who didn't really take the seat from anyone at all. A bit like Katsuta in the 4th Toyota.

Anyway, my point was, that while the quality overall is a bit "meh" in 2021. It's not that much different from some of the late-mid 00's.
Was it better for Manfred though? He loves swinging the car around, and the oversteery 307 matched that style exactly, and was a match for the works cars during almost the entire season. I think he struggled for pace much more with the Xsara, especially in 2007, when he crashed a lot (Catalunya, Finland comes to my mind instantly).