Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
Hold on here mate... Where's this "fastest car" thing comes from?? If you look at Toyota drivers in general you seriously cannot make that conclusion and starting from midseason Hyundai was clearly the best package overall.
Only Tänak was fast in a Toyota! Few years back VW was clearly the best car, but Toyota hasn't dominated like this so this "fastest car" claim is based on fiction.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
Steady now, I can make that conclusion and I have sources that know...
It is generally accepted within the sport that the Toyota is the quickest car, not always but more often than not..more so before the illegal rear wing was removed.
But I also have eyes, and I can see myself the Toyota is the best package.

Tanak won the WDC this year at pretty much at will, personally I think he had more speed available a lot of the time if he had needed it and I don’t believe we saw his ‘true’ pace very often. He would have won the Championship by miles if the car had been more reliable and without the puncture issues. Apart from Turkey and maybe Monte Carlo, on natural car/driver speed he could have won every event including Catalunya (where he was driving for the championship) even with road position disadvantage a lot of the time. If you think that is solely because Tanak has just suddenly become super human, your dreaming. Its because he is fantastic, and he had the best car.
Meeke was very fast when he didn’t crash or have issues either mental or technical, and Latvala was in the middle of a personal meltdown through 2019, so neither offer a consistent representation of the cars speed throughout the year because they themselves were so up and down.

I think both Tanak and Neuville will have it all on to beat Ogier next year, but let’s see, maybe Tanak is a once in a generation talent who can win in anything and now he has the Championship his confidence will be sky high.

It’s not difficult to understand, Ogier in VW made very few mistakes, Ogier in C3 made plenty....Tanak in Fiesta made mistakes, Tanak in Toyota made almost none...its a simple premise that the guy in the fastest car doesn’t have to push so hard and makes less mistakes, and you don’t have to just look at rallying to see this trend in Motorsport.