Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
I don't think it's the way it should be and FWIW I agree it is too expensive for many privateers.

But I'm not sure you're understanding that the access privateers currently have is coincidental. It appears Hyundai, like Toyota, don't offer drives for sale. If Ford brought rally inhouse, and still even if Citroen, Fiat, Dacia, Tesla... then join in the same fashion, there could be a situation where there's zero seats that any amount of privateer money can buy. And the FIA would not give one shiny shit because WRC is not there to provide a fair sporting opportunity, it is a commercial championship where Rally1 is designed around the promotion of car manufacturers. I'm not sure why you would choose to disagree with that.
For M-Sport it's vital to sell/rent cars. It's affecting them a lot, this current situation.
Not so many 2017 cars are on the stages as well and you guessed it, there's no point to drive these cars on national rallyes. Why? You guessed again!

Btw I agree with your last point - it's too commercial and non-reachable for normal people and it starts with the rules and results of being too expensive.

Sent from my DN2103 using Tapatalk