Thread: WRC future

Threaded View

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    That sounds bizarre. Every motorsport series is eager to get as many manus as possible but you’re somehow suggesting it shouldn’t be WRC case because it’s hard to broadcast more than 15 cars…
    Circuit motorsport series are not comparable because the cars run on the circuit simultaneously. I'm not saying WRC Promoter does not want more manufacturers, but I'm saying they would have problem when the number of cars capable of winning exceeds 20. And I'm sure that would lead into a similar solution as WRC2/WRC3, you would have to pay a big entry fee to register for WRC, to be able to actually win the stages or rallies and get points, and we could see a silly situation where the car with the smallest overall time doesn't win the rally. And we don't want that.

But this thought was based on the idea of normal R5 being the main class, what Colin Clark et al on twitter tout about having the local guys being able to challenge the factory drivers in their home event. If we have an R5+ thing, it would solve nicely the problem by having again a more expensive top class with more performance...and out of reach of the local guys.
    Last edited by AnttiL; 2nd December 2020 at 07:14.

2. Likes: cali (3rd December 2020),EstWRC (2nd December 2020)