Quote Originally Posted by racerx1979 View Post
Who is managing Paddon? It might be a good idea to switch management companies at this rate. Also, is his dedication to Hyundai NZ helping him or hurting him?? If Breen was completely dedicated to Citroen having some kind of loyalty he would be in the same place as Paddon without a WRC drive. He's been screwed twice now... how many more times...

Is anyone besides Kiwi fans paying attention to his NZ results?? I was talking to a few people in the business and they had zero clue as to what his results were in NZ. I understand for him he needs seat time to be fresh, but everyone has said he should be in an R5 car. If Mads was running around doing some Norwegian championship we would forget about him. This is why Breen and Mad's plan of doing ERC/WRC events is probably the best bet...

At the end of the day, I'm just a below average goober behind a keyboard when I write this, but I too can see poor Paddon is not getting a fair shot, but I think some of this is also due to his actions.

Edit even Huttunen is getting driving time in an i20 WRC. Paddon would have been a good choice to do testing, but something is getting in the way. I'm not saying this is Paddons thinking, but having a "I want full drive or nothing" mentality will get you, well, nothing...
Unfortunately for him, I think it's all irrelevant now anyway, after his 'April fool's' comment. Openly mocking his team's decision and that of the current Hyundai boss is about as openly critical I can recall a driver being of his team in a long, long time.

I think that's him burning his bridge from a Hyundai WRC point of view, but it may not be such a bad thing that he finally moves on and starts communicating with other teams.
I feel a bit sorry for the lad, but as we've seen for a long time in this sport, there are more bums than seats.