Quote Originally Posted by focus206 View Post
I can answer some of those GT questions:
I wouldn't consider prototypes on the same ladder as GT cars, they're on a different ladder: LMP1/Hypercars, LMP2, LMP3.
GT cars' ladder is GTE, GT3, GT4.
To the mainstream medias, WEC is far more important than GTWC, mainly because of Le Mans and prototypes. This year GTWC gained notoriety because of Valentino Rossi joining, otherwise it wasn't much more than Spa 24h for the mainsteam medias.
But speaking about the prestige given by the fans, I've never met a GT racing enthusiast who prefers WEC over GTWC (some prefers even the GT4 championship), and I agree. GTWC has many more manufacturers compared to the 2-3 in the WEC GTE, much better balance of performance (not uncommon at all that one of the 2-3 manufacturers in GTE has almost no chance of winning a race because of weight/power) and in GTWC the focus is always on GT cars.
For my taste, GTWC is the best circuit racing series around.
Yes, GT3 racing is probably the most competitive 4 wheeled motorsport around; plenty of series around the globe, lots of cars, and virtually all of the top drivers driving them. Bathurst 12 hours, Nurburgring 24 hours, Spa 24 hours will see them all racing each other. We've just had a Spa 24 hour two day test, this weekend sees another NLS (VLN) round on the Nordschleife. The BoP seen in SRO GT3 events seems to be fairer than the ACO version in the WEC, but that isn't a surprise.