Quote Originally Posted by skarderud View Post
well, its time for some changes in the wrc, but i dont think this is the way eighter.
one of the biggest changes with the possible best effect is to ban the ridiculous homologation rule.
then the manufactures is out of the game, yes, but we will see many more different cars, drivers, team, fans and so on. in a much lower expense for everyone. its few manu's in the formula classes also, if the fia would get a homologation rule thru a manu, the formula one would be dead too.

get rid of the manu's, then we have several teams like msport, kronos, adapta, +++++ that could build and run different cars, make an easy rulebook that suits private teams, of course many of them would have some support from different carmakers, and of course those with the biggest budget would have, atleast a change to have, the best car. but this is motorsport and thats how it is.
then we can get those heroes we had for a long time ago, win a event in a selfbuild car, against all odds, lots of teams and cars on the start, cars would probably brake down easier, but that was a part of the game to.
I support the idea for more free rules as well. As someone mentioned here already, look what happens in WEC. The technical rules are free, but with some respect to the layout. The same could be evolution in WRC, avoiding the insane GrB again. I also like local drivers with lower budgets to score great results in WRC Rallies, that is one of the spices of the championship. But this couldn't happen in next 2 years. Probably 2017 will bring something and Toyota are preparing for it?!?