Didn't find such thread after a quick glance. Last year we had some discussions and conclusions as well. Now the new season is about to begin. Which are going to be the most exciting battles and which ones the most one-sided?

Red Bull: Well, Webber seems to have entered the „Barrichello territory“ with his career already, when you almost surely expect him to get left behind by his multiple-WDC team-mate, because it simply always happens. The main question is whether he can again actually keep up with Vettel for half a season or will he get left behind early this time like in 2011?

Ferrari: Same story here, you'd naturally expect Massa to get beaten. But will he collect more or less than 50% of Alonso's points? Because based on three past seasons this would be the rough figure about how their seasons would pan out.

McLaren: A more exciting duel. Button starts out as a natural favourite. It is unclear, how fast can Pérez be, but unless he happens to be not only a fast, but a very complete driver this year, you'd expect the very experienced Englishman to collect more points with his usual smart racing and consistent scoring.

Lotus: Another pairing of a consistent world champion and an erratic younger driver. You'd expect Grosjean to crash less this time (it would be pretty bad if he didn't!), but nonetheless he leaves an aura of an erratic driver, who you'd expect to be less consistent than Räikkönen, even if points-wise it could be closer this year.

Mercedes: Rosberg's big moment of truth. Allegedly he avoided joining Hamilton at McLaren in 2008, but this time it didn't work out. Can he rise to the occasion and prove to be another top driver on the grid or will his career descend into another Barrichello/Coulthard/Webber-style career – racing alongside a top driver for many years, but always getting left behind?

Sauber: I am afraid this could be one of the most one-sided battles. I hold Hülkenberg's skills in high esteem and based on what I have seen, Gutiérrez leaves an impression of an erratic driver, even though he can be fast at times. Even more so this is Mexican's rookie season.

Force India: In contrast should be one of the closest battles, a re-match of 2011. A crucial year for both drivers, because getting beaten is likely to end a career here.

Williams: Another interesting battle. Maldonado is fast, he showed that alongside Barrichello and last year, when he qualified into top3 on four occasions. But this is not enough if you are struggling to get to the chequered flag. What can Bottas do? Can he impress enough like his compatriot Räikkönen did dozen years ago and become an object of interest for top teams even in his debut season? I think this year can potentially put big pressure on Maldonado especially if there is a driver fast enough to qualify as high as he does. And in such tense battle I'd expect Bottas to edge ahead (mentally as well), like Kovalainen edged Fisichella in 2007.

Toro Rosso. 2012 was inconclusive. Vergne scored more points with some very good results (especially in the wet), but Ricciardo seemed a tad more consistent and a better qualifier. A crucial year for both and crucial to have a good car as well to showcase skills.

Caterham: Little between them, but would expect Pic to be slightly better as he is younger with more long-term potential.

Marussia: Despite testing disadvantage I expect Bianchi to get the better of the two. Actually I think Bianchi may well be the best driver of the backmarker bunch.