Page 509 of 526 FirstFirst ... 9409459499507508509510511519 ... LastLast
Results 5,081 to 5,090 of 5253
    Liked 406 Times in 215 Posts
    Well Mikkelsen gets payed at Skoda I guess.
    So he is maybe just realistic and knows that the ship of fighting for the championship and rally wins has sailed and it's just about making a living as a rally driver. After all rallying is a sport with a very narrow top, very few manage to get paid doing it.

2. Likes: AndyRAC (10th November 2023),HKSjbg (10th November 2023)
    Liked 9,382 Times in 4,994 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post

They are not a charity.
    They will pay but only for regular rally winners / Championship contenders. Sadly Breen showed it wasn't worth paying for potential.

Mikkelsen isnt proven in a Rally1 car and I dont see him fighting for rally wins, let alone a Championship. He would have to bring big sponsors to get a drive.

4. Likes: HKSjbg (10th November 2023)
    Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    https://www.rallyfish.co.uk/news/m-s...-rally1-return

Is Rallyfish reliable, never heard of them before?

Liked 798 Times in 380 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    They will pay but only for regular rally winners / Championship contenders. Sadly Breen showed it wasn't worth paying for potential.

Mikkelsen isnt proven in a Rally1 car and I dont see him fighting for rally wins, let alone a Championship. He would have to bring big sponsors to get a drive.
    I don't understand this "he haven't drive the Rally1 car" talk? Its not a F35 fighter plane...

Eighter you can drive a rally car, or you can not.

Mikkelsen is a proven winner, but he has been out of topclass a while.
    The Hyundai was shit for him, and The Goat. He was close to win in the "shitröen" to.
    Multiple wrc2 winner, lots of experience in lots of cars, he can win in the right car.
    Not the WDC probably, but definitive rallies.

Sent fra min SM-S901B via Tapatalk
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

7. Likes: WRC1 (10th November 2023),WRCStan (10th November 2023)
    Liked 625 Times in 333 Posts
    They will pay
    I'm not convinced they ever have, even with Breen, but we're both unlikely to get provable answers on this.

Quote Originally Posted by skarderud View Post
    I don't understand this "he haven't drive the Rally1 car" talk? Its not a F35 fighter plane...

Eighter you can drive a rally car, or you can not.

Mikkelsen is a proven winner, but he has been out of topclass a while.
    The Hyundai was shit for him, and The Goat. He was close to win in the "shitröen" to.
    Multiple wrc2 winner, lots of experience in lots of cars, he can win in the right car.
    Not the WDC probably, but definitive rallies.

Sent fra min SM-S901B via Tapatalk
    The elite WRC drivers are at such a level in the Rally1 cars that I dont see anyone just coming in being able to match or beat them. Even Elfyn Evans with full experience struggled to adapt to the Yaris Rally1. And Tanak wasn't happy in either the i20 or the Puma and only his genius got wins in them.

M-Sport will only pay for the elite now or just maybe a young guy with massive potential, like Oliver Solberg.
    Last edited by Fast Eddie WRC; 11th November 2023 at 13:00.

I'm not convinced they ever have, even with Breen, but we're both unlikely to get provable answers on this.
    Well they definitely paid Ogier, and this year, Tanak.

Breen had a "two-year deal" so that sounds like he was paid, even if just a retainer and M-Sport funded everything else.

Liked 625 Times in 333 Posts
    Well they definitely paid Ogier, and this year, Tanak.

Breen had a "two-year deal" so that sounds like he was paid, even if just a retainer and M-Sport funded everything else.
    I agree all three of these got paid and had deals, and Lappi too, I just don't agree to M-Sport's cost, or that they are funding anything.

Perhaps can see this as an accounting detail, but the context here is I don't think the conversation that M-Sport might find budget to fight for wins and titles is a reflection of reality if the costs of enough (2) junior/novice drivers are being covered.

I agree all three of these got paid and had deals, and Lappi too, I just don't agree to M-Sport's cost, or that they are funding anything.

Perhaps can see this as an accounting detail, but the context here is I don't think the conversation that M-Sport might find budget to fight for wins and titles is a reflection of reality if the costs of enough (2) junior/novice drivers are being covered.
    It was widely-believed that M.Wilson paid Ogier out of his own (MSport) money as it was too much to get from sponsors alone. The same is probably true of Tanak. He (they) were willing to do this as they were Champions and would bring Titles or at least rally wins, which was great for the company.

Young drivers gain more from their Rally1 drives than they give back, hence they need to bring funding. The figures I've heard to run a Rally1 car run into £millions and someone has to pay it.

Liked 12,241 Times in 5,262 Posts
    M-Sport team principal Richard Millener is confident that a young driver line-up it is planning for next year can be competitive in the World Rally Championship.

https://www.motorsport.com/wrc/news/...2024/10546030/
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -