With the economy in it's current situation, I'm going to stick to smaller changes to cut costs.

Sprint Cup: Shorten the season to 34 races. Accomplish this by removing dates from Loudon, Charlotte, and Michigan, and then add a race at Montreal. Fontana 2, Texas 2, Atlanta 2, and Pocono 1 would be shortened from 500 to 400 miles. Micigan's remaining race would be 500 miles.

Move Atlanta 2 to from Labor Day to Charlotte 2's date, and move Darlington back to Labor Day. Move Sears Point to Mother's Day Saturday so NASCAR can have Montreal in June (F1 won't be using it). Even if I don't get my alternate point system, this would make the Southern 500 the first race in the Chase.

Make the COT wing smaller in both width and length. Allow bigger brake ducts.

Modify the gear rule to allow shifting at Pocono. A mandatory 3.89 final ratio for 4th gear and 4.34 for 3rd gear would allow shifting without putting extra wear on the engines.

No more segments in the Bud Shootout. I'd make it a timed race just to be different.

Establish a full-time medical team.

Nationwide: Shorten to 30 races. Drop compression ratio to 9:1. Add more templates to make bodies symetrical.

Trucks: Drop compression ratio to 9:1.

All series: Change the minimum race distance from 1/2 to 2/3. When the economy starts to improve, add a western modified series.