PDA

View Full Version : Wales Rally GB 2017

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

the sniper
27th June 2017, 21:31
Rather than dominating the News and Rumours thread with discord, we might as well get started here!

Latest itinerary available here: http://www.walesrallygb.com/spectators/latest_timetable_and_overall_map.php

Does anyone know yet which direction they're running Myherin and Dyfnant this year?

Simmi
27th June 2017, 22:12
Have to assume the stages are being run in the same direction as last year. Didn't see any info about them being switched around when the route was announced.

Question from me - is the Shakedown still the same section of Cloc?

the sniper
27th June 2017, 23:55
Have to assume the stages are being run in the same direction as last year. Didn't see any info about them being switched around when the route was announced.

Yeah they normal make note of any directional variations over the previous year in their press release, which is this essentially: http://www.walesrallygb.com/media/3942.php

So I presume they're all the same.

Question from me - is the Shakedown still the same section of Cloc?

We can only hope so!

the sniper
28th June 2017, 11:11
This is today's news. Competitors with an international competition licence and a car with an MSA Log Book/national registration will be able to join the main Rally GB entry list, like has been allowed throughout the WRC this year. The separate National rally will still run, but will go back to only using the Saturday and Sunday stages, but with the start in Chester on the Friday. It'll make for an interesting entry list.

http://www.walesrallygb.com/news/3981.php

Mintexmemory
30th June 2017, 08:32
"Adult prices start at just £10 for Visit Conwy Tir Prince, £23 for the family-friendly RallyFest at Cholmondeley Castle, £28 for a day pass or £99 for the full four-day premium event pass. Accompanied children aged 15 and under are admitted free. "

Or absolutely nothing if your itinerary is Clocaenog s/d, Myherin Pikes Peak, Dyfi. Could have done Gwydyr on Sunday but as I have Steely Dan / Doobie Bros tickets for Sunday in London I shall head southeast on the Saturday afternoon ;)

AndyRAC
30th June 2017, 10:30
A full 4 day pass..... but you don't get 4 full days of action.....

Simmi
4th July 2017, 18:40
Another more significant route change due to a tree disease. Myherin cut - a second run of Aberhirnant added.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/130549/tree-disease-forces-rally-gb-route-change

Anyone know which part of Myherin they've cut? Have to assume it's the end part? Or perhaps some at either side?

the sniper
4th July 2017, 19:35
Anyone know which part of Myherin they've cut? Have to assume it's the end part? Or perhaps some at either side?

It'll be interesting to see. I don't imagine it's just the section on the east side (the beginning last and presumably this year) though, as there isn't that much of the SS actually run through the forest itself on the east side. They do though obviously have to pass through it on the way to the stage. Going by the new stage distance, I'd guess that they're just cutting out the loop through the forest on the west side of the stage, so by that theory Pikes Peak should still be in.

The addition of the pre-dawn, now first running of Aberhirnant should make doing three stages on the Saturday logistically easy to do, if rather tiring! I feel sorry for anyone marshalling that stage, as it'll be a bloody long day with a huge gap in the middle. Doing two night stages in one day though, that's something novel at least! Hopefully IMS will be kind enough to post the new timetable soon...

noel157
4th July 2017, 19:41
Steely Dan/Doobie Bros tickets for Sunday in London I shall head southeast on the Saturday afternoon ;)

Very lucky, two great bands. S/Dan one of my long time favourites, Becker & Fagen = : ).

Simmi
5th July 2017, 10:22
New spectator access required for Myherin and some other stages seemingly reversed but no info on what.

I guess we'll have to wait until September for a fuller picture - http://www.walesrallygb.com/news/3985.php#.WVywwYQrLIV

sonnybobiche
5th July 2017, 12:50
Maybe I'm thick, but I don't understand why some weird tree disease means they have to cancel a stage. Anyone care to explain?

Simmi
5th July 2017, 13:05
Maybe I'm thick, but I don't understand why some weird tree disease means they have to cancel a stage. Anyone care to explain?

Judging by the quote in the link I just posted they need to hack down and remove the infected trees from the area. So logging work in the area. I guess they need the stage/access roads etc

Mintexmemory
5th July 2017, 13:19
Judging by the quote in the link I just posted they need to hack down and remove the infected trees from the area. So logging work in the area. I guess they need the stage/access roads etc

Actually, they won't want foot passage through the affected areas which could then travel to an unaffected area (Aberhirnant?) and spread the spores. So the route will curtail to avoid spectators visiting affected areas.
Still should be ok with Pikes Peak and the wind farms.
This is starting to look like less and less for the money (if you were paying in the first place) although if you are exceptionally keen 4 stages can now be done on Saturday. Me I'm sticking to quality spectating in Dyfi. I've also abandoned a lunch dash to Newtown on Friday between the Myherin runs. If there are any more cuts I'll seriously consider diverting the money for a Sweden trip.
The SSS on Thursday evening around the horse trotting stadium looks like it'll make Chalmondley exciting by comparison. Gwydyr would have been far preferable.

tomhlord
5th July 2017, 14:50
Or absolutely nothing if your itinerary is Clocaenog s/d, Myherin Pikes Peak, Dyfi. Could have done Gwydyr on Sunday but as I have Steely Dan / Doobie Bros tickets for Sunday in London I shall head southeast on the Saturday afternoon ;)

I'm going to be spectating for the very first time this year.

Sorry to be a pain, are you suggesting that Clocaenog s/d, Myherin Pikes Peak, Dyfi are free entry?

Mintexmemory
5th July 2017, 16:50
I'm going to be spectating for the very first time this year.

Sorry to be a pain, are you suggesting that Clocaenog s/d, Myherin Pikes Peak, Dyfi are free entry?

Not free entry as advertised by the organisers but if you don't use any of the event car parks, yes. The right to roam in UK law means that any officially listed footpath requires a formal closure order with acceptable reasons before access can be denied. Running an International Rally for profit is not considered an acceptable reason. Now the WRGB organisers can charge for use of the car parks closest to a stage but if one is prepared to walk from a legal parking place then it is perfectly possible to access many stages. BTW last time they ran Gwydyr the official parking was further away than the distance I walked into the stage from Betws Y Coed.
Another important issue to be aware of is that road closures around stages like Dyfi and Clocaenog only apply to traffic and not to pedestrians.
Now that attempting to do more than 1 location per day has become almost impossible (yes I know that some people say they can but the timings really don't bear this out if you actually watch all the WRC field through) the relaxed 2 mile walk in and out of a stage isn't a huge discouragement when you are saving significant cash!

L555MAT
6th July 2017, 07:09
Not free entry as advertised by the organisers but if you don't use any of the event car parks, yes. The right to roam in UK law means that any officially listed footpath requires a formal closure order with acceptable reasons before access can be denied. Running an International Rally for profit is not considered an acceptable reason. Now the WRGB organisers can charge for use of the car parks closest to a stage but if one is prepared to walk from a legal parking place then it is perfectly possible to access many stages. BTW last time they ran Gwydyr the official parking was further away than the distance I walked into the stage from Betws Y Coed.
Another important issue to be aware of is that road closures around stages like Dyfi and Clocaenog only apply to traffic and not to pedestrians.
Now that attempting to do more than 1 location per day has become almost impossible (yes I know that some people say they can but the timings really don't bear this out if you actually watch all the WRC field through) the relaxed 2 mile walk in and out of a stage isn't a huge discouragement when you are saving significant cash!

Mintax do you know of any places by Pikes Peak to park? I Know theres a few laybys on the main road but i imagine theyll fill up pretty quick

AndyRAC
6th July 2017, 21:42
Laybys near any of the stages are quite often 'closed'; presumably to stop people parking and walking in without paying......

the sniper
16th July 2017, 04:48
rally-maps.com have put up the map for Rally GB 2017 already! If they are accurate Myherin has, as predicted, had the loop through the forest on the west side of the stage cut out, but significantly for some here, has also had Pikes Peak cut out. The stage instead goes east down a track that has been used for parking at the top of Pikes Peak, at least on the Mid Wales stages in 2016. Myherin is ran in the same direction as last year though. According to their maps, Dyfnant at least is running in the opposite direction from last year, which IMO is a good thing!

Everyone will be glad to see that Shakedown is the same as usual. There'd be hell to pay if they cut out everyone's favourite bit! :D

Just out of curiosity, apologies if this is obvious to most, but how do rally-maps.com get the maps this early?

EDIT: I forgot to mention before, but the revised itinerary for Saturday isn't ideal... Three stages are quite easily doable if you're up for a long day though.

doubled1978
16th July 2017, 09:31
I would presume that if this map of Myherin is correct, that the Pikes Peak section will be the official car park. As the usual one was in the west side of the stage that has been cut out.

Simmi
16th July 2017, 11:25
Just out of curiosity, apologies if this is obvious to most, but how do rally-maps.com get the maps this early?

I always wondered this too. What a fantastic resource though. I often screen shot the stage or sections of the stage on my phone. Great for GB and working out where to stand, especially where there's no signal. As I found out in Portugal though, it doesn't convey elevation changes!

Mintexmemory
18th July 2017, 16:06
I would presume that if this map of Myherin is correct, that the Pikes Peak section will be the official car park. As the usual one was in the west side of the stage that has been cut out.

If you look at the OS map you'll see a lot of forest road that is accessed at Pont Rhygaled, that's where I'd expect the 'official car park'

Jinu13
18th July 2017, 17:22
Where's a good area to stay that's convenient for accessing the main three days' stages? I can't handle another weekend of 5am foggy moorland drives in the dark

Simmi
18th July 2017, 18:49
Where's a good area to stay that's convenient for accessing the main three days' stages? I can't handle another weekend of 5am foggy moorland drives in the dark

http://www.walesrallygb.com/documents/2017_WRGB_Overall_Route_Map_(24_June).pdf

Bigger question at this point is probably what accommodation is left in the way of B&Bs etc. Tend to plonk ourselves in Dolgellau but you can't get anywhere too quickly in Wales.

Jinu13
18th July 2017, 21:47
http://www.walesrallygb.com/documents/2017_WRGB_Overall_Route_Map_(24_June).pdf

Bigger question at this point is probably what accommodation is left in the way of B&Bs etc. Tend to plonk ourselves in Dolgellau but you can't get anywhere too quickly in Wales.

Handy map thanks! I'll keep my fingers crossed and look for B&Bs tomorrow, might have to sleep in the car parks! >_<

tomhlord
19th July 2017, 14:58
Sorry to trouble seasoned WRGB veterans, however, does anyone know if to see the Shakedown, will I need to purchase a 'Day Pass'?

Secondly, is viewing Shakedown and the Thursday evening stage realistically doable?

Any help/advice much appreciated.

Simmi
19th July 2017, 15:22
Sorry to trouble seasoned WRGB veterans, however, does anyone know if to see the Shakedown, will I need to purchase a 'Day Pass'?

Secondly, is viewing Shakedown and the Thursday evening stage realistically doable?

There was a news release last week I think which said there's now a combined Thursday day pass for Shakedown and the SSS in the evening. You can pay on the gate for SD but I have to assume it's better value to get the day pass if you're doing both.

Very doable to do both. Bags and bags of time in between.

Fast Eddie WRC
19th July 2017, 21:26

Yes I wondered about SD... cant seem to find details on the website ?

@tomhlord - the two stages are easily doable as they are morning and evening and fairly close together.

tomhlord
20th July 2017, 09:33
There was a news release last week I think which said there's now a combined Thursday day pass for Shakedown and the SSS in the evening. You can pay on the gate for SD but I have to assume it's better value to get the day pass if you're doing both.

Very doable to do both. Bags and bags of time in between.

@tomhlord - the two stages are easily doable as they are morning and evening and fairly close together.

Thank you both, I shall go spectate Shakedown and in the evening, excellent.

The only ticket online is just for the evening stage and no mention of Shakedown. Odd.

tomhlord
20th July 2017, 09:44
My last question is general advice on how early to get to stages please.

Thinking of Sweet Lamb on the Friday, where first car is due at 11:18. Would we need to be there at 6am?

Mintexmemory
20th July 2017, 09:55

Although having seen the venue for the evening stage I think I'll pass - Micky Mouse doesn't begin to describe it.

Mintexmemory
20th July 2017, 09:56
My last question is general advice on how early to get to stages please.

Thinking of Sweet Lamb on the Friday, where first car is due at 11:18. Would we need to be there at 6am?

Depends on your attitude to walking. 9.30 would be fine but you may have to walk a mile.

pantealex
20th July 2017, 10:04
Depends on your attitude to walking. 9.30 would be fine but you may have to walk a mile.

Only 1 Mile ?

Many spectators in Rally Finland walks 10 Miles/Day ;)

tomhlord
20th July 2017, 14:19

Don't mind walking, sounds good to me, thank you. Sweet Lamb on the morning run then may see if it's possible to walk over to another stage for the afternoon loop.

tomhlord
20th July 2017, 14:21
Only 1 Mile ?

Hardcore!

Jinu13
20th July 2017, 17:38
Only 1 Mile ?

10 miles is some serious WRC dedication to access a stage!

There's OS type maps available for the Wales stages with details of footpaths and altitude changes which are useful. 1 mile is short btw - most you walk more than that to leave the car park - and one or two have fairly steep hills to climb between the car park to stage. I'd leave at least two hours plus time to find a decent spot.

Franky
20th July 2017, 19:24

It's the result of road side parking.

Mintexmemory
21st July 2017, 08:56

There's OS type maps available for the Wales stages with details of footpaths and altitude changes which are useful. 1 mile is short btw - most you walk more than that to leave the car park - and one or two have fairly steep hills to climb between the car park to stage. I'd leave at least two hours plus time to find a decent spot.

But not necessary for Sweet Lamb, which was the original question. Last year in Finland we walked a total of 40 miles over the 4 days which is the most I've ever done. We walked 10 miles on the Saturday of this year's Rally D'Italia from carpark to Monti Di Ala' spectating point and then across to Micky's Jump on Monte Lerno, reverse trip at end of the day.

tomhlord
21st July 2017, 12:16

Thank you, I believe we may visit some other stages during the weekend so will bear this in mind!

Whinlatter
21st July 2017, 20:12
If you're planning to move on past the official spectator pens then it pays to be more than 1 hour before the first car - once the safety delegate and other official vehicles are in stage, the marshals will be under instruction to stop you moving on, especially if you want to walk down the stage (rather than through the trees). I try to be at least two hours before the first car, though the nature of Sweet Lamb (unforested, open hills) means you have more freedom to roam as you can simply go out in a wide loop away from the stage and head back towards it once you're clear of the marshals and pens.

Andre Oliveira
1st October 2017, 21:40
Entry list published when?

dimviii
2nd October 2017, 17:10
Matthew James Wilson‏*@mattyjim1
Really excited to say that me and @stu_loudon will be competing on @WalesRallyGB in a Fiesta R5. Can't wait to get back behind the wheel!

pantealex
2nd October 2017, 17:39
Official Skoda Motorsport drivers:
-Pontus Tidemand
-OC Veiby
-Juuso Nordgren

Simmi
2nd October 2017, 17:44
Matthew James Wilson‏*@mattyjim1
Really excited to say that me and @stu_loudon will be competing on @WalesRallyGB in a Fiesta R5. Can't wait to get back behind the wheel!

Hopefully they bring out the Michelin Pilot livery again. Although these days I'd presume he'll be on Dmacks.

Tom Cave also confirmed today in a Fiesta R5. Hopefully a few more surprises in WRC2 too.

macebig
2nd October 2017, 17:48
Hopefully they bring out the Michelin Pilot livery again. Although these days I'd presume he'll be on Dmacks.

Tom Cave also confirmed today in a Fiesta R5. Hopefully a few more surprises in WRC2 too.

Matt will probably run DMacks.

the sniper
2nd October 2017, 17:57
-Pontus Tidemand
-OC Veiby
-Juuso Nordgren

Great to see such a commitment from Skoda given their history on the Rally GB/RAC, particularly given that they skipped it a couple of years ago after they'd already wrapped up the titles. Presumably this is largely for evaluation and preparation for next season now?

RS
3rd October 2017, 21:44
Great to see such a commitment from Skoda given their history on the Rally GB/RAC, particularly given that they skipped it a couple of years ago after they'd already wrapped up the titles. Presumably this is largely for evaluation and preparation for next season now?

Yes, that is what they say. A shoot-out between Veiby and Nordgren maybe.

Mirek
3rd October 2017, 22:46
-Pontus Tidemand
-OC Veiby
-Juuso Nordgren

It's kind of bitter commedy that the biggest and unbeatable opponent of Kopecký through all Škoda's WRC2 seasons was his own team management. Third year in a row they prevent him from fighting for the title by not giving him enough starts. That sucks if You ask me and frankly I have no idea why they keep doing so (of course otherwise I don't have anything against giving a chance to the young drivers).

AnttiL
4th October 2017, 12:19
https://walesrallygb.com/news/4039.php

News about the entries. They say Huttunen is in WRC2, but with what car? Already a Hyundai? And it says Skoda has only Veiby and Tidemand, so no Nordgren?

pantealex
4th October 2017, 12:49

News about the entries. They say Huttunen is in WRC2, but with what car? Already a Hyundai? And it says Skoda has only Veiby and Tidemand, so no Nordgren?

14 WRC17, so are Evans and Östberg those who are not mentioned by name?

AnttiL
4th October 2017, 13:01
14 WRC17, so are Evans and Östberg those who are not mentioned by name?

Evans was mentioned there (along Meeke). But yeah, Østberg was planning on doing all the events after Tour de Corse so probably just him.

Allez Andruet
4th October 2017, 13:11

I think Nordgren confirmed on Twitter (?) that he will be there.

Simmi
4th October 2017, 14:05

Yes Motorsport News today said he'll be there with the Hyundai. Pretty cool.

nafpaktos
4th October 2017, 17:53
It's kind of bitter commedy that the biggest and unbeatable opponent of Kopecký through all Škoda's WRC2 seasons was his own team management.

Sorry i am confused,you mean Pontus,Essapeka?they are both to EVEN.

tommeke_B
4th October 2017, 18:04
Well, it's Skoda Motorsport that didn't let him start in the mandatory WRC2 events (Portugal and Wales). From the 3 mandatory, he only did Germany. So nearly impossible to become champion that way.

Allez Andruet
4th October 2017, 18:07
Shouldn't Suninen be there as well with Fiesta R5? Or will he get another outing in 2017-spec WRC?

Mirek
4th October 2017, 18:12

I meant that for three years in a row Kopecký was given only so few WRC2 rounds to be perfectly irrelevant in the final season's results. In my book it means they hasn't ever wanted him to achieve anything there against the other team guys. The reason for me is unknown.

Moreover here in Wales they give up season double without a fight. I simply don't understand their reasoning.

AndyRAC
4th October 2017, 18:35
I have to say, Kopecky has been extremely loyal to Skoda; in my opinion they haven't always returned the favour. I would like to have see him on Rally of GB, but a place couldn't be found for him.
For years we saw the Skoda team win their class award on the old RAC, and also the pairing of Triner & Sibera driving the wheels off the cars.

Andre Oliveira
4th October 2017, 18:36
The initial plan to Suninen was be there in WRC if WRC2 standings closed.

jbmarcus21
5th October 2017, 11:11
Google Earth Map is online → http://bit.ly/2rz2Phh

Fast Eddie WRC
5th October 2017, 11:40
Motorsport News‏ @MNmotorsport
@MSA_BRC frontrunner @MERallysport (Matt Edwards) has secured a factory deal with @MSportLtd to compete in WRC2 on @WalesRallyGB
https://www.motorsport-news.co.uk/news/rallying-news/wrc/brc-star-edwards-gets-factory-rally-gb-drive/ …

:)

RS
6th October 2017, 10:05
It's kind of bitter commedy that the biggest and unbeatable opponent of Kopecký through all Škoda's WRC2 seasons was his own team management. Third year in a row they prevent him from fighting for the title by not giving him enough starts. That sucks if You ask me and frankly I have no idea why they keep doing so (of course otherwise I don't have anything against giving a chance to the young drivers).

Agreement with Even Management?

BTW, is Nordgren with Even?

Mirek
6th October 2017, 12:08

Could be. They did the same for Mikkelsen in his last IRC season (they restricted Hänninen that time).

pantealex
6th October 2017, 12:53

BTW, is Nordgren with Even?

Nordgren is not with EVEN, Toni Gardemaister has been helping him.

jbmarcus21
6th October 2017, 16:29
78 crews in #WalesRallyGB with come back Henning Solberg Fiesta WRC / Matthew Wilson + Kalle Rovanperä + Eyvind Brynildsen Fiesta R5 + Nordgren Fabia R5 + 4 i20WRC : Entrylist → http://bit.ly/2rz2Phh #WRC

Andre Oliveira
6th October 2017, 16:35
Henning in WRC 2017

er88
6th October 2017, 17:44
Great entry list imo

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Andre Oliveira
6th October 2017, 18:10
42% of 78 entries are M-Sport cars.

19 Fiesta R5 vs 8 Fabia R5 vs 2 i20 R5 vs 2 DS3 R5

the sniper
6th October 2017, 22:16
Jimmy McRae in a Vauxhall Adam. Presumably a Cup car? Did I imagine something about Suninen doing GB in a '17 WRC? It'll be interesting to see Huttunen vs Rovanpera, I can see that being the first of many battles! Presumably Kalle's R5 will be in full Red Bull livery, like Ogier's? (EDIT: I see he's still in a predominantly IKH livery on Rally Liepāja, so maybe not.)

I can't wait now!

AnttiL
7th October 2017, 06:24
Jimmy McRae in a Vauxhall Adam. Presumably a Cup car? Did I imagine something about Suninen doing GB in a '17 WRC? It'll be interesting to see Huttunen vs Rovanpera, I can see that being the first of many battles! Presumably Kalle's R5 will be in full Red Bull livery, like Ogier's? (EDIT: I see he's still in a predominantly IKH livery on Rally Liepāja, so maybe not.)

I think Suninen must still try to get silver in WRC2. And Rovanperä will probably use the same livery as in Liepaja. As you see, Red Bull is sponsoring many drivers like Evans and Neuville, but only their helmets have Red Bull colors. Same with Kalle.

racerx1979
7th October 2017, 06:30
Henning probably in a onebet skurvat car. Nice to see more privateers.

pantealex
7th October 2017, 09:39
I think Suninen must still try to get silver in WRC2. And Rovanperä will probably use the same livery as in Liepaja. As you see, Red Bull is sponsoring many drivers like Evans and Neuville, but only their helmets have Red Bull colors. Same with Kalle.

I don´t believe that Kalle will have PIRELLI stickers in Michelin (or DMack) equipped car ;)
Otherwise probably same, he has hole years contract with IKH and other sponsors.

Simmi
7th October 2017, 18:37
Some really nice strength in depth in the R5 class and good to see a few new faces.

I hope Henning can make the entry work. Last time he was entered for GB two years ago he was a no-show.

Tarmop
7th October 2017, 19:51
He tried Mexico also, but in the end didn`t start for some reason.

pulsar
8th October 2017, 10:23
Hi guys, second time at the Wales rally for me (last year was great, thanks also to the info that you provided on the forum!).

My plan for Friday was sweet lamb first run and then myherin second run. I would sleep at sweet lamb overnight and then go to myherin by car after the first sweet lamb run is over. Do you think it is doable? I am worried that i would need to park the car very far from the myherin stage.

thank you!

L555MAT
8th October 2017, 11:19
The drive from the Sweet Lamb car park to Myherin car park is 5 minutes at most. However if the car park is busy it'll be one hell of a long walk up a steep hill, its the 'Pikes Peak' section if Myherin. If you go on youtube and watch some incar from the Mid Wales stages and have a look at the stage maps itll give you an idea of the walk

Essaj
12th October 2017, 20:32
This has to be the first WRC event that i'm more interested in WRC2 instead of big boys. Of course Tidemand already won the championship but that only means that even he is just fighting for the rally win instead of championship points.
Tidemand, Suninen and Camilli all want to prove that they have what it takes to be in WRC next year. Then we have tons of young guys that are stilll trying to make a name to themselves on international level including Veiby, Huttunen, Greensmith, Loubet, Nordgren, Cave, Rovanperä and many others.
All of them have a change to make top-3 but not being there would kinda set them back, like why would you hire Pontus to WRC if he is not able to beat these guys on R5's?
My top-3 would be Tidemand, Suninen and Rovanperä in some order.
Is this actually toughest WRC2 event ever?

rp
12th October 2017, 20:48
Is this actually toughest WRC2 event ever?

Must be! Don´t be surprised if the Finns will take 1-2-3 win...

satnav
12th October 2017, 23:45
Updated entry list on website now , Emil Bergkvist now added

https://walesrallygb.com/documents/List_of_Entries_-_Approved_by_the_FIA_-_10-Oct_(amended).pdf

AnttiL
13th October 2017, 06:29
Al-Qassimi is now car #7. In Finland he was #8. Does this have something to do with the cars having to do certain rallies with the same parts like Mikkelsen had to use Paddon's differentials in Spain?

Also the numbering of non-manufacturer WRC cars is interesting. Østberg is #14, Serderidis #15, Sordo #16, Al-Rajhi #17 and Solberg #18. Is it just based on who entered first?

Allez Andruet
13th October 2017, 07:15
Al-Qassimi is now car #7. In Finland he was #8. Does this have something to do with the cars having to do certain rallies with the same parts like Mikkelsen had to use Paddon's differentials in Spain?
Sounds like a good guess, never thought about that.

tomhlord
13th October 2017, 09:13
My plan for Friday was sweet lamb first run and then myherin second run. I would sleep at sweet lamb overnight and then go to myherin by car after the first sweet lamb run is over. Do you think it is doable? I am worried that i would need to park the car very far from the myherin stage.

This is my plan too - apart from the sleeping in Sweet Lamb?! - and hope it is possible to do the Sweet Lamb to Myherin section.

Do you mean between SS3 and SS5?

AndyRAC
13th October 2017, 16:37
This is my plan too - apart from the sleeping in Sweet Lamb?! - and hope it is possible to do the Sweet Lamb to Myherin section.

Do you mean between SS3 and SS5?

Sleeping overnight in the stage is all part of the fun of watching the event. Hotels/ B&Bs are cheating..... ;)

Whinlatter
13th October 2017, 18:14
The extra £10 charge for overnight parking is a bad idea in my opinion - it will be interesting to see if it leads to an increase in roadside parking in the areas near to forest car parks. If a lot of people do this to avoid the additional cost, it could backfire on the organisers and cause PR issues for future events.

the sniper
13th October 2017, 18:55
The extra £10 charge for overnight parking is a bad idea in my opinion - it will be interesting to see if it leads to an increase in roadside parking in the areas near to forest car parks. If a lot of people do this to avoid the additional cost, it could backfire on the organisers and cause PR issues for future events.

I hadn't noticed that. I wonder/can't find what they consider to be overnight parking. Does anybody know what time they'll stop charging the overnight fee or are they going to keep that secret...? If I use the official car parks I usually arrive around 4am, which I'd hope isn't considered overnight!

doubled1978
13th October 2017, 19:36
I hadn't noticed that. I wonder/can't find what they consider to be overnight parking. Does anybody know what time they'll stop charging the overnight fee or are they going to keep that secret...? If I use the official car parks I usually arrive around 4am, which I'd hope isn't considered overnight!

Isn't the overnight charge only applied if you don't have a World Rally Pass? I understood it that if you had a WR Pass you weren't charged the overnight fee....

AndyRAC
13th October 2017, 20:49

I had no idea there was a £10 surcharge - I've just gone on the website. I'm gobsmacked at the thievery, the excuses they use are absolute bollocks.

You'll probably find parking roadside will not be allowed; temporary clearways will likely be set up; and parking laybys closed.

cmac
15th October 2017, 17:42
No charge from 5 a.m onwards.

Simmi
19th October 2017, 12:56
The livery for Matt Wilson's car has been revealed and it's a return for Tunnocks branding - coming from his co-driver Stu Louden.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DMfieBpWAAAz8qp.jpg

Also some Tunnocks on Ott's car - which I think will also have Autosport Show big branding like we've seen for the last two seasons. There's a reason the photo is cropped like this.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DMfie_EW0AAcSTu.jpg

EstWRC
19th October 2017, 12:59
they totally ruined Tänaks livery

http://www.rallifoorum.ee/foorum/download/file.php?id=579

Hartusvuori
19th October 2017, 13:10

Good thing is it gets fully covered in mud before the first split time.

Fast Eddie WRC
19th October 2017, 16:24
After all this time looking for a big sponsor for the WRC's leading team, this is all they could get. Sad.

er88
19th October 2017, 20:28
Got a few questions about the direction some stages will be run in compared to last year. From what I gather there's been a few changes since the first rally guide was released, so I'm not totally sure but;

Hafren - same direction as last year?
Dyfi - opposite direction to last year?
Dyfnant - opposite direction to last year?

the sniper
19th October 2017, 21:31
Got a few questions about the direction some stages will be run in compared to last year. From what I gather there's been a few changes since the first rally guide was released, so I'm not totally sure but;

Correct on all counts.

satnav
19th October 2017, 22:00

Already answered by the sniper but there is a lot of good info in the Rally Guide 2 on the website ;

https://walesrallygb.com/documents/2017_DayInsure_Wales_Rally_GB_Rally_Guide_2_(web_1 0_September).pdf

er88
19th October 2017, 22:53
Cheers guys. Hadn't seen that info

BigWorm
19th October 2017, 23:09

http://www.rallifoorum.ee/foorum/download/file.php?id=579

M-Sport started ruining their liveries for Rally GB since 2015. But it brings them some cash.

dimviii
20th October 2017, 14:30
http://clubs1.net/2017/10/20/meeke-simply-trying-get-season-back/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Fast Eddie WRC
20th October 2017, 16:49
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DMl7E1IW4AASkIr.jpg:large

Fast Eddie WRC
20th October 2017, 18:02
Friday fact ! Wales Rally GB has only ONE mid-leg service over the whole weekend and the 110km loop on Saturday is the longest of the season ! https://t.co/4DGnXvw0tZ

AndyRAC
20th October 2017, 18:57
110km wow, that's nearly 70 miles - how will they cope?

Simmi
21st October 2017, 12:37
Anyone heard anything about Henning? Will he actually start this one?

SubaruNorway
21st October 2017, 13:03
Anyone heard anything about Henning? Will he actually start this one?

You will know on shakedown as normal ;)

BigWorm
21st October 2017, 18:03
Dmack says two World Rally Cars will run Dmacks, Elfyn and...? Henning?

Andre Oliveira
21st October 2017, 18:12
Mads

EstWRC
21st October 2017, 18:36
And there’s a reason for it. Ott said in Spain that dmack will come with a new tyre and in his eyes Evans is the man to beat in Wales.

Fast Eddie WRC
21st October 2017, 23:06
Would be great for Evans to win at home in Wales... AND M-Sport to win the Championship on Rally GB.

Also it'll be a boost going forward for Evans if he is to be their no.1 driver in 2018.

Rallyper
22nd October 2017, 10:15
Would be great for Evans to win at home in Wales... AND M-Sport to win the Championship on Rally GB.

Also it'll be a boost going forward for Evans if he is to be their no.1 driver in 2018.

I´m happy with your positivity, but no. NO! Never will happen. Evans to win Rally GB.

Fast Eddie WRC
22nd October 2017, 10:32
I´m happy with your positivity, but no. NO! Never will happen. Evans to win Rally GB.

Well if he can come within 0.7s of a win abroad, it has to be possible at home ! ;)

Fast Eddie WRC
22nd October 2017, 10:47
110km wow, that's nearly 70 miles - how will they cope?

I know... nothing compared to the old RAC Rally days.

At least the day is long with the night stages added.

"A marathon 17-hour Saturday includes a double loop of stages in Dyfi and Gartheiniog, before two night tests close the action."

doubled1978
22nd October 2017, 10:51
I know... nothing compared to the old RAC Rally days.

At least the day is long with the night stages added.

"A marathon 17-hour Saturday includes a double loop of stages in Dyfi and Gartheiniog, before two night tests close the action."

I agree, last year when saturday basically finished after lunchtime was rubbish. Im not against the service park as entertainment, but its not a substitute for being out on stages, and should never be marketed as such.

AndyRAC
22nd October 2017, 10:57

To me, that is what is wrong with the modern format; they have a 17 hour day; but only 70 stages miles....something needs changing. It makes no sense. It's not as if they're driving down to Epynt/ South Wales and returning. The stages on the Saturday are a reasonable distance from Deeside.

doubled1978
22nd October 2017, 11:29
To me, that is what is wrong with the modern format; they have a 17 hour day; but only 70 stages miles....something needs changing. It makes no sense. It's not as if they're driving down to Epynt/ South Wales and returning. The stages on the Saturday are a reasonable distance from Deeside.

I agree with that, but last years route was far too loaded on the Friday, something like 186km which gave so little to run on Saturday and Sunday. Also gave Ogier a big advantage being first on the road. This years route is far more balanced and also better from the sporting aspect.

BigWorm
22nd October 2017, 11:40
And there’s a reason for it. Ott said in Spain that dmack will come with a new tyre and in his eyes Evans is the man to beat in Wales.

Think Evans will be top 6 but the fact that Tänak with Dmacks was fast here last year doesn't necessarily mean Evans is going to be too.

Fast Eddie WRC
22nd October 2017, 11:40
To me, that is what is wrong with the modern format; they have a 17 hour day; but only 70 stages miles....

There's another 31.82km on the night stages, so the day is 142.38km (88 stage miles).

Fast Eddie WRC
22nd October 2017, 11:49
I agree, last year when saturday basically finished after lunchtime was rubbish. Im not against the service park as entertainment, but its not a substitute for being out on stages, and should never be marketed as such.

The SP is a waste of time this year, the cars are hardly there except at night. They want to casual fan to spend cash going to the Tir Park & Cholmondley stages.

tomhlord
23rd October 2017, 08:48
Think Evans will be top 6 but the fact that Tänak with Dmacks was fast here last year doesn't necessarily mean Evans is going to be too.

Agreed. The DMACKs were a "3-rally tyre" last season, whereas for 2017 they changed the development philosophy to try and be more consistent across all gravel rallies. Having said that, looks like they have a new variation for this weekend.

AnttiL
23rd October 2017, 08:50
Weather forecasts giving a mostly dry rally for now

Simmi
23rd October 2017, 08:52
Weather forecasts giving a mostly dry rally for now

Yeah that forecast has really flipped. Plenty of rain in the build-up to the rally but dry on the day would be ideal.

dodge33cymru
23rd October 2017, 11:30
Is anyone attempting to go to a morning running of Aberhirnant and both runnings of Dyfi?

AnttiL
23rd October 2017, 17:42
Press releases

M-Sport http://www.m-sport.co.uk/m-sport-news/fiesta-rs-wrc/m-sport-seek-historic-home-soil-success
Toyota http://toyotagazooracing.com/release/2017/wrc/rd12-preview.html
Citroen https://www.motorsport.com/wrc/news/a-home-round-for-the-citroen-racing-crews-969645/
Hyundai https://www.hyundaipressoffice.co.uk/release/900/

er88
23rd October 2017, 21:33
Is anyone attempting to go to a morning running of Aberhirnant and both runnings of Dyfi?Nah. I honestly think you'd be better going to Dyfi early and walking to a really good spot without having a mad rush. It looks possible to do 3stages anyway though, as you can head from Dyfi to Dyfnant in the evening. Although it will be very busy I'd imagine

satnav
23rd October 2017, 21:34
Is anyone attempting to go to a morning running of Aberhirnant and both runnings of Dyfi?

I did give it a thought but a lot depends on what the traffic would be like and the access out from Aberhirnant and then you'd have a fair bit to go to the stage at Dyfi as you'd be one of the last there ..........

And I've decided on what er88 is doing , less hassel.....

dodge33cymru
23rd October 2017, 21:42
Right you are gents, the voices of reason appear to be winning out - only in GB!

Will target Gartheinog and Dyfnant then I guess.

er88
23rd October 2017, 22:11
Really annoyed. Was just away to order up two day passes for Saturday as I can now make that day as well as the Sunday (which I'd already paid for), but now see the Saturday day passes are "sold out". So instead of paying £28 for a pass and doing Dyfi ×2 and Dyfnant, that is now going to cost me 60quid on the day :(.

How can the day pass Etickets be sold out? Seems like purely just a way for them to make more money on the day by charging 30 quid a stage for parking.

Will maybe just do the one stage instead now. I'm not familar with the area so unfortunately dont know any of the other ways into the stages by avoiding the official car parks. Anyway, if in the off chance anyone on here has a Saturday day pass or two going spare, I'd be more than willing to pay for it

AndyRAC
23rd October 2017, 23:35
I think the days of chasing the event around for me are over; I'm sticking to one repeated stage per day, and avoiding what is likely to be busy traffic on single carriage roads.
Hafren, Dyfnant & Alwen/ Brenig. I know the timings make it possible to see 3 stages in a day - but I'm not sure i can be bothered with the hassle.

Simmi
23rd October 2017, 23:59
I think there will be a few horror stories this year with people trying to move about and car parks being full. I'm in agreement with everyone else really - pick a stage and stay there.

It does genuinely seem like the organisers are expecting bigger crowds this year, which would be in line with the rest of the championship. Wales just isn't really set up to deal with monster turnouts.

Sad to be missing the Thursday this year due to work - but will be on Hafren x2, Dyfi x2, Dyfnant and Alwen x2. All being well.

the sniper
24th October 2017, 00:47
I think I've settled on Shakedown/Service Park, Myherin x2, Dyfi x2 and the second run of Dyfnant and probably Gwydir on Sunday. I might do the finish in Llandudno, which I last did in 2013 but I'll see how the time goes. Only one run of Gwydir, but it can be done for free and Alwen last year was a bit too busy for my liking last year, some of the more causal spectators in there were a liability.

As for traffic, Saturday will be interesting... particularly for those who don't anticipate the likely traffic flow.

Anyway, can't wait! Struggling to prepare for the early starts though!

Nelson_224
24th October 2017, 06:48
I am thinking of doing Myherin 1st on Friday then doing newtown regroup then Hafren do you think this is possible with traffic?

AnttiL
24th October 2017, 07:06
https://twitter.com/MadsOstberg/status/922708384918491136

Not the test we we're hoping for yday. Mainly on 2wd all day issues w diff & dampers. We fixed it eventually, but then the day was gone #WRC

Mintexmemory
24th October 2017, 07:44
Have you ever tried to negotiate Newtown during WRGB - If you have, what the bloody hell makes you think it's a good idea; if you haven't take some friendly advice -DON'T.

Mintexmemory
24th October 2017, 07:45
https://twitter.com/MadsOstberg/status/922708384918491136

Well that's the Friday excuse out of the way for this year!!

tomhlord
24th October 2017, 08:52
I am thinking of doing Myherin 1st on Friday then doing newtown regroup then Hafren do you think this is possible with traffic?

That sounds like a great plan, but accoring to mintexmemories, sadly may not be possible. Back to the drawing board!

AndyRAC
24th October 2017, 08:53

No! Stay in Myherin; even going across the road to Sweetlamb is asking for trouble.

AndyRAC
24th October 2017, 09:28
I think there will be a few horror stories this year with people trying to move about and car parks being full. I'm in agreement with everyone else really - pick a stage and stay there.

It does genuinely seem like the organisers are expecting bigger crowds this year, which would be in line with the rest of the championship. Wales just isn't really set up to deal with monster turnouts.

Sad to be missing the Thursday this year due to work - but will be on Hafren x2, Dyfi x2, Dyfnant and Alwen x2. All being well.
I actually think the organisers should try to encouragepeople to stay in the one place; chasing the event in a small geographical areais asking for trouble. Remember the road blocks in 1999 in Mid-Wales? It was abit of a PR disaster. It's a bit different from moving from Kielder toYorkshire.

It does seem as though there is going to be a big turnout. Isthis a surprise? Going on this forum probably not; however, I’ve not noticed amassive increase on other general motorsport forums, were rallying still lagsbehind a lot of other series.

Oliverk
24th October 2017, 09:53
What kind of village event is this if you can't even to 3 stages a day. Mby you Brits should take tips from professional stage hoppers in eastern/northern European rally fans. Even with very bad traffic and stuck roads in Poland , 13 different stages was ok to do.

EstWRC
24th October 2017, 09:56
Recce conditions https://twitter.com/rallyinguk/status/922745689020551173

Oliverk
24th October 2017, 09:59
Recce conditions https://twitter.com/rallyinguk/status/922745689020551173

Nice way to stop drivers from cutting the corners :D Bit dangerous for taking the dump though.

er88
24th October 2017, 10:08
Saturday day passes now back on sale! Not sure for how long though

SubaruNorway
24th October 2017, 10:37
What kind of village event is this if you can't even to 3 stages a day. Mby you Brits should take tips from professional stage hoppers in eastern/northern European rally fans. Even with very bad traffic and stuck roads in Poland , 13 different stages was ok to do.

Just had a quick glance at one stage they posted on FB a while ago and it looked like it had one spectator entry..?

SubaruNorway
24th October 2017, 10:39
Well that's the Friday excuse out of the way for this year!!

Excuses? Why would you need an excuse when the car keeps breaking all the time, watch the Salou stage in Spain and I think you will understand how fed up with it he is.

Mintexmemory
24th October 2017, 10:51
Excuses? Why would you need an excuse when the car keeps breaking all the time, watch the Salou stage in Spain and I think you will understand how fed up with it he is.
Wow you Norgs are easy to wind up! Sorry I am in a provocative mood because I can't make it to WRGB this year!

Mintexmemory
24th October 2017, 11:01
Just to inform those who don't know Wales. Parking is along forest approach roads. If you arrive early you can be very near the stage BUT you can also find that you are boxed in for the day. If you arrive late you can have up to 2 miles to walk into the stage. In that case if you leave after the WRC cars you must get back to your car, drive like crazy on roads with farmers / foresters etc who don't give a monkey's about rallying, in the way. You then arrive at the next stage 2 miles away rom the action at the closest you can get. The timings, apart from going to Dyfnant on Saturday, mean that it could be a lot of effort for no reward. On the other hand the Roger Albert Clark rally is a stage hoppers dream!

liposh
24th October 2017, 11:06
Nice way to stop drivers from cutting the corners :D Bit dangerous for taking the dump though.
VIP toilets with great view. ;) Anyway being so close to the rally cars I would sh.t myself, so moreover it is really practical.

Fast Eddie WRC
24th October 2017, 11:33
Lovely conditions @OfficialWRC @WalesRallyGB 💦☔🤣 Friday stages #wet #muddy https://t.co/E43zhNpqfV

Oliverk
24th October 2017, 12:03
Just to inform those who don't know Wales. Parking is along forest approach roads. If you arrive early you can be very near the stage BUT you can also find that you are boxed in for the day. If you arrive late you can have up to 2 miles to walk into the stage. In that case if you leave after the WRC cars you must get back to your car, drive like crazy on roads with farmers / foresters etc who don't give a monkey's about rallying, in the way. You then arrive at the next stage 2 miles away rom the action at the closest you can get. The timings, apart from going to Dyfnant on Saturday, mean that it could be a lot of effort for no reward. On the other hand the Roger Albert Clark rally is a stage hoppers dream!

Same as in every rally here. We just have at least 4-5 access roads to stage. Almost always roadside parking. Same was in Poland this year because of rain at stupid spectators you couldn't use the field parking. You just had to run sometimes. Nothing really for hardcore spectator.

the sniper
24th October 2017, 12:21
Same as in every rally here. We just have at least 4-5 access roads to stage. Almost always roadside parking. Same was in Poland this year because of rain at stupid spectators you couldn't use the field parking. You just had to run sometimes. Nothing really for hardcore spectator.

There's no road side parking allowed here on the few suitably wide roads, the roads are operated as clearways with the Police removing parked vehicles. Even lay-bys are closed anywhere near to the stages. Most roads not used for official access are single track lanes, within a couple of miles of the stages these are largely blocked to vehicles without residents passes. This isn't a 'hardcore spectator' thing. On national rallies you can move around, on Rally GB, things are largely locked down in order to avoid traffic issues and are not helped by the geography of the area.

MartijnS
24th October 2017, 12:35
Parking is indeed an issue at Wales Rally GB.
The frustrating thing is always to walk past so many gaps where cars easily fit. What we did in the years we were there, is when you were stopped to park cause it was full, just wait in the car until the marshalls were gone and than continue driving towards to stage. Always somewhere you can park a rental haha.

L555MAT
24th October 2017, 12:35

Nothing to do with hardcore spectating. I Last speccied in 2015 on the saturday and due to the volume of spectator traffic i missed 2 stages. The nature of access roads do not allow swift movement between stages. This is why I feel its a mitake having it entirely in North Wales, the road networks in the south are much more suited to the large volumes of traffic.

Rallyper
24th October 2017, 13:10
Wow you Norgs are easy to wind up! Sorry I am in a provocative mood because I can't make it to WRGB this year!

That should be an excuse we could excuse, don´t we Tor Andre?

dimviii
24th October 2017, 13:35
https://twitter.com/MadsOstberg/status/922764146898276352

Jinu13
24th October 2017, 14:37
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DMl7E1IW4AASkIr.jpg:large

There should be laws against putting pictures of chocolate on WRC cars! Now super hungry! :3

Jinu13
24th October 2017, 14:53

I usually try to go for mid morning and late afternoon stage and I've still been caught out in Wales, no parking at all or 2hr hike uphill :( Then there's the twisting mountain roads which are pitch black until gone 8am, and take far longer than you think to traverse. I'm staying a lot more central this year so hopefully that gives me more time.

kirungi okwogera
24th October 2017, 15:30
There should be laws against putting pictures of chocolate on WRC cars! Now super hungry! :3

Yeah, Tunnocks should help pay for my eventual diabetes treatment

SubaruNorway
24th October 2017, 15:42
Parking is indeed an issue at Wales Rally GB.
The frustrating thing is always to walk past so many gaps where cars easily fit. What we did in the years we were there, is when you were stopped to park cause it was full, just wait in the car until the marshalls were gone and than continue driving towards to stage. Always somewhere you can park a rental haha.

"If you're not going for the gap you're not a proper spectator"
Just sucks when the guys behind you won't back up so you have to dig yourself into the snow bank :p

Jinu13
24th October 2017, 16:06
"If you're not going for the gap you're not a proper spectator"
Just sucks when the guys behind you won't back up so you have to dig yourself into the snow bank :p

Replace snow bank with muddy ditch on one side and sheer drop on the other. Wales is one of the best for bringing the authentic rally experience to the hapless fan.

dimviii
24th October 2017, 17:01
Red Bull TV has assembled a special guest commentary team starring the sport’s most successful driver, nine-time world champion Sébastien Loeb, and Britain’s successful co-driver Nicky Grist.*

http://mailchi.mp/mpacreative/redbulltv-573757

Fast Eddie WRC
24th October 2017, 20:44
@WalesRallyGB
Recce Day 1: Friday stages complete. It's looking good !

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DM7VcvvWsAMNcRL.jpg

Mintexmemory
25th October 2017, 09:06
Public service announcement:
Just to remind intrepid hikers taking to footpaths. If you encounter a road closure on your chosen route and the security crew try to tell you that the road is closed and you can't pass; inform them politely that the closure only applies to vehicles and that they have no authority to prevent pedestrian access to roads and the footpaths accessed from them. It's probably more bother than it's worth to walk past car park marshals but there are usually plenty of routes to avoid a confrontation.

dimviii
25th October 2017, 16:00
https://twitter.com/HaydenPaddon/status/923184631763079168

Fast Eddie WRC
25th October 2017, 18:03
Devine makes late entry with R5 purchased from China !

https://www.motorsport-news.co.uk/news/rallying-news/devine-makes-late-rally-gb-entry-in-fiesta-from-china/

Andre Oliveira
25th October 2017, 18:13

Fast Eddie WRC
25th October 2017, 19:32
Rally forum LIVE now.

http://www.rallyfm.net/

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DNAcU-VXkAAIqaD.jpg

Fast Eddie WRC
25th October 2017, 19:52
Forum interviews: M.Wilson, C.Ingram, C.Breen all on so far, Meeke now.

Interesting, Meeke raving about driving the Xsara WRC car: "When Citroen were at their peak, when there was no limit on finances"...

AnttiL
25th October 2017, 20:19
Weather forecast is still dry. How much will the stages dry considering it has been wet and muddy during the recce?

Fast Eddie WRC
25th October 2017, 20:26
Weather forecast is still dry. How much will the stages dry considering it has been wet and muddy during the recce?

Weather is due to stay dry but cooler so not much drying...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DM-Zql-WsAAdwcN.jpg

N.O.T
25th October 2017, 21:04

forests in wales remain wet for about a month after the rain... no chance to dry up.

Brynmor Pierce
26th October 2017, 00:52
Rally forum LIVE now.

http://www.rallyfm.net/

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DNAcU-VXkAAIqaD.jpg

Hope you enjoyed it !

AnttiL
26th October 2017, 07:01

Citroen reveals on twitter it has to do with spare part regulations https://twitter.com/CitroenRacing/status/923432940054466560

SubaruNorway
26th October 2017, 07:43
Hope you enjoyed it !

Was part one recored? It's not on the site.

AnttiL
26th October 2017, 07:54
Shakedown is live, results https://www.ewrc-results.com/shake/36022-dayinsure-wales-rally-gb-2017/

Tänak faster than Ogier, Neuville slower than both

EstWRC
26th October 2017, 07:56
Tänak https://twitter.com/rallyinguk/status/923447056471089154

sete
26th October 2017, 08:00
Henning will not start :-(

EstWRC
26th October 2017, 08:01
Evans fastest.

EstWRC
26th October 2017, 08:16
Lappi small moment https://twitter.com/MCRMotorsport/status/923451621245407232

EstWRC
26th October 2017, 08:19
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DNDDPAmXUAA_W_O.jpg:large

Fast Eddie WRC
26th October 2017, 08:36
@Rally4Wales
So pleased to hear @krismeeke saying what great condition the roads for WRGB are in. Hopefully they will be better again for 2018 Kris! #R4W

AnttiL
26th October 2017, 08:38
Evans fastest again on 2nd round so far with Meeke and Breen yet to do their 2nd round

EstWRC
26th October 2017, 08:39
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DNDHxL1WkAE9_cE.jpg:large

AnttiL
26th October 2017, 08:47
Evans keeps setting faster times.

EstWRC
26th October 2017, 08:52
Evans keeps setting faster times.

Just a shakedown but it seems that Tänaks words that dmack has news tyres and Evans is the man to beat here aren’t far off. But we’ll see

Fast Eddie WRC
26th October 2017, 09:43
Top 3 SD times all by Evans...

AnttiL
26th October 2017, 10:15
Career-first WRC shakedown run for Kalle Rovanperä. Not bad!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DNDdrs6XcAAIZ8l.jpg:large

KKS
26th October 2017, 10:23
Henning will not start :-(
Any reasons why?

satukata
26th October 2017, 10:26
What problems Juuso Norgren? 1 min down

AnttiL
26th October 2017, 10:26
What problems Juuso Norgren? 1 min down

Probably a spin, his second run is already on pace

Fast Eddie WRC
26th October 2017, 10:28
Sordo missing left front wing as he returns to service..

satukata
26th October 2017, 10:29
[QUOTE=AnttiL;1160417]Career-first WRC shakedown run for Kalle Rovanperä. Not bad!

Kalle lost 20sec 2nd run? Any info!

AnttiL
26th October 2017, 10:32
Kalle lost 20sec 2nd run? Any info!

He caught a slower car https://twitter.com/rallywill/status/923485843997839365

Whinlatter
26th October 2017, 11:44
Meeke and Ostberg had another 2 runs in amongst the R5s, can't have been happy with their set up?

Fast Eddie WRC
26th October 2017, 11:47
Meeke and Ostberg had another 2 runs in amongst the R5s, can't have been happy with their set up?

Mads came back to service early with issues.

Mads Østberg‏ @MadsOstberg 2h2 hours ago
Heading back out. Think we've sorted the issue, just need confirmation w another shakedown run @WalesRallyGB

AnttiL
26th October 2017, 11:49
Østberg's times were slower than on the first runs and Meeke couldn't really go faster either. The road getting in worse condition?

Fast Eddie WRC
26th October 2017, 12:02
Ogier says Evans favourite with DMACKs after shakedown:

https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/132641/ogier-evans-favourite-for-rally-gb-win

EstWRC
26th October 2017, 12:12
looks like Neuville doesnt like cameras https://twitter.com/Als_9412/status/923509315524222976

Ripper83
26th October 2017, 12:21
Hi,

Really looking for advice and help please as its my first time to rally (chlomondely last year), have Saturday ticket and really wanted to spectate at Dyfi for both runs...but I will be traveling up from Brize Norton on Saturday morning (about 3.5hr drive) - was aiming to get there for 2hrs before stage start about 8.30am, will this be early enough?

Worried I might be going all this way for nothing but realistically its the only stage I can get to and see both runs timewise.

Simmi
26th October 2017, 12:32
Any forumers in Shakedown this morning. Heard the carpark was full from 5am?

car
26th October 2017, 12:38
Hi,

Really looking for advice and help please as its my first time to rally (chlomondely last year), have Saturday ticket and really wanted to spectate at Dyfi for both runs...but I will be traveling up from Brize Norton on Saturday morning (about 3.5hr drive) - was aiming to get there for 2hrs before stage start about 8.30am, will this be early enough?

Worried I might be going all this way for nothing but realistically its the only stage I can get to and see both runs timewise.

Hi, I spectated there a couple of years ago... You SHOULD be OK, but it all depends on how close you are able to park. Two hours would be a very long walk from the stage, but you might need to take into account the expected amount of spectators and the possibility that they even need to close the car parks if they are at capacity.
I think I used carpark F. There is an excellent spot - go to the end of the carpark track and turn right, continue along (in the woods) for approx 600m and you will be on the edge of a big hill, the stage right in front of you, but then the cars will pass again, in the valley below. Get stuck in and enjoy pal.

Fast Eddie WRC
26th October 2017, 12:41
Any forumers in Shakedown this morning. Heard the carpark was full from 5am?

This at 7.30am
@WalesRallyGB Attention: Car Park A is now full #WRGB #WRC

er88
26th October 2017, 13:22
Hi,

Worried I might be going all this way for nothing but realistically its the only stage I can get to and see both runs timewise.Id give yourself at least an extra hour just to be safe, Dyfi will be very busy. Besides making sure you get parked and don't face too long a walk to the stage, getting there in plenty of time will mean you can walk up the stage to a better spot, than perhaps the first spectator pens you get too. Marshalls will try to stop you walking on the stage about 30-45mins before first car so you want to be in a good location before then.

We're going to Dyfi as well but getting there later at night on the Friday and sleeping in the motor.

EstWRC
26th October 2017, 13:26
http://p.ocdn.ee/40/i/2017/10/26/5qmhjw3w.tu5.jpg
http://p.ocdn.ee/40/i/2017/10/26/2lqnvnvw.304.jpg
http://p.ocdn.ee/40/i/2017/10/26/dksr2ajs.rsx.jpg

KKS
26th October 2017, 13:45
Hope that DMacks will work like this all weekend

L555MAT
26th October 2017, 13:48
Id give yourself at least an extra hour just to be safe, Dyfi will be very busy. Besides making sure you get parked and don't face too long a walk to the stage, getting there in plenty of time will mean you can walk up the stage to a better spot, than perhaps the first spectator pens you get too. Marshalls will try to stop you walking on the stage about 30-45mins before first car so you want to be in a good location before then.

We're going to Dyfi as well but getting there later at night on the Friday and sleeping in the motor.

Plus the Dyfi car park is a hell of a walk if not parked near the top/stage

Ripper83
26th October 2017, 15:24
thanks for the tips guys, realistically to get there for 7.30 i'll need to be leaving at 4am (ouch) but I'm just going to have to hope for the best I think.

I don't mind the walking from car to stage part even if it's long as long as I'm there for stage start time.

Would be really excited if I could relax knowing I would definitely get parked up!

Fast Eddie WRC
26th October 2017, 15:44
Read a few comments from SD that all the Hyundai's were quite ragged...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DNELK4mWkAAsWgP.jpg

Fast Eddie WRC
26th October 2017, 15:47
Nice pic of Evans from today:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DNEGu9UWsAA9ZZV.jpg:large

KKS
26th October 2017, 17:00
Is this evening super special will be Live somewhere?

satukata
26th October 2017, 17:14
Is this evening super special will be Live somewhere?

i want know too. Facebooklive?

KKS
26th October 2017, 17:16
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n85x9FEao0w SD video

dimviii
26th October 2017, 18:06
Evans shake onboard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBWF-tqDci8

Fast Eddie WRC
26th October 2017, 18:09
Maybe not live action but live coverage from the start on local tv S4C from 7pm. Highlights of SS1 from 10pm local time.

http://beta.s4c.cymru/clic/e_live.shtml

dimviii
26th October 2017, 18:14
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DNE687vVAAADbHZ.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DNE687xV4AAvLet.jpg

Michelin video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibwj285lrZM

dimviii
26th October 2017, 18:22
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbjmTyTd6gA

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DNDYbSUX0AEvYO2.jpg

satukata
26th October 2017, 18:30
Maybe not live action but live coverage from the start on local tv S4C from 7pm. Highlights of SS1 from 10pm local time.

how you can watch this in finland?

dimviii
26th October 2017, 18:32
Once a few cars had completed the stage, the racing line became covered with a layer of greasy mud and it became increasingly difficult to improve the times set.
Craig Breen and Scott Martin completed four run at the start of the morning. They set the ninth fastest time with a 2:01.6.
After two runs, Kris Meeke and Paul Nagle had to return to service in order to change the set-up of their Citroën C3 WRC. They went back out to complete their mandatory third run, before changing co-driver. BBC journalist Stuart Pollitt replaced Paul Nagle alongside Kris Meeke to experience the thrills and spills provided by the new generation World Rally Championship cars.
On his return to the event, Khalid Al Qassimi completed five passes during the morning.
The rally is due to get underway this evening. Following the ceremonial start, the crews will contest SS1 on the Tir Prince Raceway, near Conwy. The first car will start the stage at 7pm.
QUOTE, UNQUOTE
Craig Breen: "I had a very good feeling in the car on the first run. After that, the surface became really polished and slippery, and it was increasingly difficult to stay on the road. We tried some different things and I think we have a good set-up now, both for the first and the second passes on the stages. I feel ready. I know these roads pretty well and I just hope that the weather isn't going to be so bad. We need there to be some humidity, because the more cars complete the stages, the harder it is for those behind."

Kris Meeke: "I wasn't able to prepare this morning as I would have liked. Unfortunately, the set-up defined for the morning wasn't ideal for the road conditions and so I had to come back to service to make some changes. However, by the time we got back out to the stage, the road conditions had changed again and I couldn't improve my time. I'm just looking forward to the start now."

http://int-media.citroen.com/en/opening-mud-fest-citroën-c3-wrcs/

Fast Eddie WRC
26th October 2017, 18:32
Meeke critical of Citroen prep:
https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/132651/meeke-blasts-citroen-rally-gb-preparations

Fast Eddie WRC
26th October 2017, 18:33
how you can watch this in finland?

Use Hola ?

satukata
26th October 2017, 18:34
Use Hola ?

Thanks. I try hola

dimviii
26th October 2017, 18:37
nice photo

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DNEWr9BW4AAPwB6.jpg

dimviii
26th October 2017, 18:42
https://twitter.com/OfficialWRC/status/923546678032064518

AnttiL
26th October 2017, 18:55
Østberg said it was hard to see where to drive on the stage

KKS
26th October 2017, 18:59
Meeke not happy after SS1

Fast Eddie WRC
26th October 2017, 19:00
Meeke stalled when using the handbrake.

mknight
26th October 2017, 19:01
Meeke stalled when using the handbrake.

Better than ripping the wheel off...

KKS
26th October 2017, 19:01
SS1 FB live
https://www.facebook.com/walesrallygb/videos/1529495893809441/

Jinu13
26th October 2017, 19:03
Breen appears to have had some kind of issue but is underway now, a couple of minutes late.

dimviii
26th October 2017, 19:05
Breen appears to have had some kind of issue but is underway now, a couple of minutes late.

Thu 19:20 - Slight delay
Craig Breen is being held at the stage start while the organisers do a spot of crowd management. Underway again shortly...

satukata
26th October 2017, 19:05

not working for me with hola. Can you watch it?

dimviii
26th October 2017, 19:08
https://scontent.fskg1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/22780350_1502613589818538_4099985495530377885_n.jp g?oh=b5f1160603306d4bb9c1c544db519574&oe=5A75F859

more
https://www.facebook.com/pg/timoanisphotography/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1502380403175190

er88
26th October 2017, 19:09
Citroen's management don't deserve a good result from this rally. Handicapped their drivers (if they weren't already handicapped enough by driving that C3 on slippery gravel).

Fast Eddie WRC
26th October 2017, 19:16
Neuville very unhappy ??

Mk2 RS2000
26th October 2017, 19:17
Neuville very unhappy ??

He was born unhappy

AnttiL
26th October 2017, 19:19
I was sure we would finally get a new rally leader in four years, even just for this one stage, but no, Ogier keeps on dominating :D

Eli
26th October 2017, 19:21
I was sure we would finally get a new rally leader in four years, even just for this one stage, but no, Ogier keeps on dominating :D

Although it does look like it will be tight at the top this weekend (as long as the top 5-6 will remain on the road).

Whinlatter
26th October 2017, 19:39
Enjoyable watching at SD today, the Hyundais were definitely ragged but I wasn't sure if they were just experimenting with different lines. Watching further down the field both Kalle and Nordgren looked impressive, and Ingram was absolutely wringing the neck of the little Adam.

Decided to go to Myherin tomorrow - will be a stiff walk up the Pikes Peak car park but hopefully worth it at the top, especially as it's forecast dry and sunny. Just got the feeling that Hafren car parks will really fill up overnight and that narrow access road isn't the best place to be caught in a long queue...

EstWRC
26th October 2017, 19:46
Rovanpera with a third time at the moment in WRC2 class.

AnttiL
26th October 2017, 19:48
Rovanpera with a third time at the moment in WRC2 class.

Also fastest Fiesta R5

satukata
26th October 2017, 19:48
Great start Kalle! "It was quite okay but our lights were showing in the sky. I didn't see very much."

dimviii
26th October 2017, 19:50
https://youtu.be/gA7z-jAelIQ

AnttiL
26th October 2017, 20:00
Also fastest Fiesta R5

Damn, Brynildsen was faster :P

eib1
26th October 2017, 20:04
by Jaanus Ree

https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/22886261_1689821984383099_8888404195432200874_n.jp g?oh=533a7dbeaea4d5098492b894f9a7ad33&oe=5A6B84A3

AnttiL
26th October 2017, 20:15
Huttunen equaled Brynildsen's time

satukata
26th October 2017, 20:17
2nd fastest RC2 Jari Huttunen Hyundai i20 R5 in his first rally with Hyundai.

He was 1st in Rally finland WRC2 driving Skoda for 2nd time. and many victories with opel adam.. Looking Good!

EstWRC
26th October 2017, 21:51
Neuville 10 sec penalty (1 min late tc1)

thats why has was so angry.

Tarmop
26th October 2017, 21:56
Karma...

KKS
26th October 2017, 22:11
This not that stage for rally assumes.
Friday stages was a key for WRC2 and WRC drivers

dimviii
26th October 2017, 22:30

https://twitter.com/RallyingUK/status/923662955388067840

Fast Eddie WRC
26th October 2017, 22:41
Local tv intro & SS1 'Ralio'
http://beta.s4c.cymru/clic/e_level2.shtml?programme_id=539480766

wrc2017
26th October 2017, 22:45
arm chair spectator. u getting off you ass and away for the computer to actually watch a rally for once?
Better than ripping the wheel off...

EstWRC
26th October 2017, 22:56
here we go agaaaaiiinnnn......

N.O.T
26th October 2017, 23:11

there is always potato farming as an alternative for him... he is truly a natural born loser.

ESTR
26th October 2017, 23:13
there is always potato farming as an alternative for him... he is truly a natural born loser.

We have been waiting for your response...