Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    The best selling cars in Europe in 2003:
    1. Tesla Y
    2. Dacia Sandero
    3. Volkswagen T-Roc
    4. Peugeot 208
    5. Renault Clio
    6. Opel Corsa

As you can see 5 of 6 of these cars are competitors to the WRC cars, so the segment selection is not wrong.
    The question relating to 2030, and although Rally2 and Rally1 being different, consider these brands are...

1. 100% electric
    2. Budget for a reason and probably pivoting to ROW markets where electric and WRC isn't important
    3. Electrifying fast, Uturn on electrification pace possibly incoming however return to motorsport association unlikely.
    4. 100% electric by 2030
    5. Uturned on 100% electric for business case but presents as a leading electric brand
    6. 100% electric by 2028.
    "It's not sport!" - Gilles Panizzi

Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    The question relating to 2030, and although Rally2 and Rally1 being different, consider these brands are...

1. 100% electric
    2. Budget for a reason and probably pivoting to ROW markets where electric and WRC isn't important
    3. Electrifying fast, Uturn on electrification pace possibly incoming however return to motorsport association unlikely.
    4. 100% electric by 2030
    5. Uturned on 100% electric for business case but presents as a leading electric brand
    6. 100% electric by 2028.
    I'll be brief..

F1 fans aren't fans because they can go out and buy a Ferrari or high end Benz or McLaren on Monday are they?

Same with NASCAR... well maybe you can go buy a Camry on Monday but they're not the same!

Something's done right with those two sports yes... how can Rallying become the same or utilize what they're got that WRC doesn't have?

Fair enough that WRC is going "Greener" but it's a shame it is not what it use to be. With stories and higher personalities.
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Just to note - the M-Sport social media content creator left the team in 2023 and is now with Hyundai - you'll notice a lot more hip content on social media including TikTok and Instagram with the new team ie Hyundai Grand Theft Auto style video ahead of Monte. It went "viral".

Solberg hitting social media hard well too with his undergarment of choice ahead of Sweden

Liked 621 Times in 332 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiGalliNo1 View Post
    I'll be brief..

F1 fans aren't fans because they can go out and buy a Ferrari or high end Benz or McLaren on Monday are they?

Same with NASCAR... well maybe you can go buy a Camry on Monday but they're not the same!

Something's done right with those two sports yes... how can Rallying become the same or utilize what they're got that WRC doesn't have?

Fair enough that WRC is going "Greener" but it's a shame it is not what it use to be. With stories and higher personalities.
    My point is you can't have a Rally2 without the manufacturer on board with the project. When Peugeot are only making e-208s, will they approve an ICE in their marque and product's names? Why would the FIA expect them too? Unless the sport is designated as historic motorsport...

Has nothing to do with fans buying on Monday or personalities.

Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post

Has nothing to do with fans buying on Monday or personalities.
    First point, not any more...

Second point, F1 has a lot more followers now after a successful in-depth tv show that showed this. So...

Liked 621 Times in 332 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiGalliNo1 View Post
    First point, not any more...

Second point, F1 has a lot more followers now after a successful in-depth tv show that showed this. So...
    Huh? We're not having a successful conversation here.

The points I make do not even begin to cross over with the points you make.