Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Liked 388 Times in 194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NOT View Post
    if russians have no problem about it then why are you upset ?

the saudis have kings until they die... why you cannot accept that some people just do not like democracy where every retard can cast a vote and affect their lives...

is yemen in the past ? where are the sanctions for saudi arabia ? the US occupied afganistan and had a puppet as president until about a month ago...
    Why do you make assumptions of what upsets me or what I can and can not accept?
    I don’t give a flying fk if a country wants to be democratic or led by a dictatorship.
    Do the Russians have a problem with a dictator that doesn’t allow people to run against him in elections, or worse get murdered, or win an election that was obviously rigged? Well they have had enough demonstrations to show that yes, those that are brave enough to show it do have a problem actually.
    Do not forget that if you protest in Russia you will likely end up in prison, be seen as a traitor so it is very difficult for Russians to say they have a problem.

Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    I learned from this thread that NOT knows even less about geopolitics than about rally, and that's quite an achievement. Also his mouth is just as big as before and personal insults to forum users continue. Sanction NOT!

Liked 388 Times in 194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seb_sh View Post
    I learned from this thread that NOT knows even less about geopolitics than about rally, and that's quite an achievement. Also his mouth is just as big as before and personal insults to forum users continue. Sanction NOT!
    I think NOT is entitled to his opinion, even if we don’t agree.

Anyway, we have a school local to us in another village, they are collecting aid for Ukrainians, mainly supplies for infants to help them try and get through this terrible time for them. My wife and I have a shop in another village and have set up a hub for supplies to be dropped there and I will collect them and take them to the school. Already within a few hours there is quite a lot so thankfully not everyone thinks we should sit back and do nothing.

Edit: to be fair NOT has refrained from personal insults in this thread, a little harsh to put that one on him.
    Last edited by Norm75; 4th March 2022 at 13:45.

Liked 625 Times in 333 Posts
    FIA demands for drivers from Russia and Belarus: https://www.fia.com/sites/default/fi...commitment.pdf

Nothing new really, drivers must acknowledge the FIA stands with Ukraine, cannot carry any Russian/Belarus flags, colours, symbols, support, play anthems etc.

Liked 9,381 Times in 4,993 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    FIA demands for drivers from Russia and Belarus: https://www.fia.com/sites/default/fi...commitment.pdf

Nothing new really, drivers must acknowledge the FIA stands with Ukraine, cannot carry any Russian/Belarus flags, colours, symbols, support, play anthems etc.
    No more "From Russia with love" on Gryazin's car then. (Even though he's 'Latvian' when it suits... )

Liked 16,104 Times in 6,991 Posts
    “Thanks to the rally community and motorsport community, I have had huge support from all over the world and from different people from different countries except two countries. No-one from Russia or Belarus, no-one from people I was racing against made a proper, decent, big-balls decision. They all hide to their… I don’t know.

“Maybe they are in the queues for cash machines because they will have no money soon because of sanctions or something like this, but they are real cowards. I can tell it to everyone of the guys: [Alexey] Lukyanuk, [Nikolay] Gryazin – all those guys, they are not motorsport people. They are people who are afraid, who are cowards basically to take positions.

https://dirtfish.com/rally/ukranian-...-life-in-kyiv/

Liked 331 Times in 107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    “Thanks to the rally community and motorsport community, I have had huge support from all over the world and from different people from different countries except two countries. No-one from Russia or Belarus, no-one from people I was racing against made a proper, decent, big-balls decision. They all hide to their… I don’t know.

“Maybe they are in the queues for cash machines because they will have no money soon because of sanctions or something like this, but they are real cowards. I can tell it to everyone of the guys: [Alexey] Lukyanuk, [Nikolay] Gryazin – all those guys, they are not motorsport people. They are people who are afraid, who are cowards basically to take positions.

https://dirtfish.com/rally/ukranian-...-life-in-kyiv/
    see how happy he is that ordinary people will have problems with their every day lives ? but its about putin of course and the oligarchs...

just wish kadyrovs batalion does not ever kIEV...

Seriously?

Are you really asking why the world didn't apply sanctions to the US when the US went on global hegemony enforcement trips at a time when the US had global hegemony? The answer is because the US had global hegemony. Underneath you are also asking why didn't the Russias, Chinas and Irans sanction the US, but seem to be directing the question angrily at the west.

I think you underestimate how the geopolitical stage has shifted a lot in 20 years. Militaries and economies are stronger than they used to be and the US doesn't have that global power anymore. Check this economic graphic out. Putin knows it and is pushing testing it, but Russia has limited global military and economic influence but for nihilism with natural resources. As opponents the US and Europe are applying economic sanctions but these do not include anything related to energy, so Russia will still continue to provide, at least for the time being, oil and gas to Europe until it wants to use it as a weapon. The important point here is that no matter who you are or who you hate you don't shit in your own shoes, and that's why the world didn't cause a fuss over Iraq and Afghanistan.

Turkey are in NATO but they aren't applying sanctions. Their economy is in a poor state but they fear invasions from all around so NATO is a convenience for now. If the EU gets its military, if NATO collapses, if China decides to go offensive globally, WW3 could be really exciting. For now China is quietly continuing to build on it's global military reach whilst facing an economic battle, and along with Iran, Pakistan and a lot of uninvolved countries are not interested in applying sanctions as they no longer feel threatened by the US.

Saudi Arabia are allies of the west, the Houthis are allied to Iran who are actually under western sanctions. It's a proxy war, it's not nice at all for civilians. Do you want the west to get involved more or do you just want to blame them? Are there Russian or Chinese sanctions? I'm not aware of them. The UAE are also involved in occupying Yemen, they control Socotra and are also interested in having military strength in the region, one of many nations with bases up the Red Sea.

As for Ukraine, I agree with you there has been interference from both sides over recent decades. That's the nature of the geopolitical beast. Same with how Moldova and Georgia are suddenly apparently interested in joining the EU in the space of one week. Sorry friends who believe the EU is the free world with no evil, this hasn't happened organically.

Cuban missile crisis is ancient history, let that go, also looks like Serbia has sided with the west now.

So in answer to your question there used to be one world power, now there are very many and more trying to be one. All that said, probably better to go read books by experts on the matter or find better sources on the state of the world in which you live then argue with emotion back and forth on motorsport forums.
    are you familiar with the term rhetoric question ?

Liked 625 Times in 333 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NOT View Post
    are you familiar with the term rhetoric question ?
    Why are you being a c.nt towards everybody here?

10. Likes: Kaps (5th March 2022)
    Why are you being a c.nt towards everybody here?
    yes,

i tend to give people what they deserve.