Thread: Wrc 2/3 2021

Threaded View

Liked 3,797 Times in 1,983 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tume88 View Post
    Huttunen said in Finnish interview that car was basicly okay unless radiator was broken, but "they" decide to retire rally. Sound pretty strange, maybe no spare parts?
    That was my worry, that they just retired to "save money". As I mentioned with the low amount of cars in WRC2 he would still get decent points just by finishing and he needs them after engine failure at Arctic.

Basically sounds like Hyundai continues to threat him like thrash. After winning WRC3 in Monza as privateer Adamo was so positive how he and Solberg will progress together etc.

Huttunen is so far the only one delivering anything in WRC2 for Hyundai this year, with the win in Sardinia (sure lots of retirements and issues but still he won). Other than that Hyundai campaign this year is a massive disaster (Solberg last scoring WRC2 driver, Veiby (=money) banned). Yet afaik Huttunen still runs in private KOWAX team with likely limited Hyundai support and basically no testing before rallies and very few starts.

Solberg gets WRC starts and testing rallies yet didn't manage to drive further than 2-3 stages the last two rallies and also crashed early in his R5 testing rally. (Solberg seriously need some coaching imo. His parents sound more like a fanclub, which is understandable but they should seek out someone to "guide" Oliver. I don't think Adamo is the one for that).
    Last edited by mknight; 22nd July 2021 at 19:03.

2. Likes: jcevc (23rd July 2021)