Page 8 of 66 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    He is usually good on tarmac with gravel tires (like that stage on Friday in Catalunya used to be). So he should do well on PS here.
    This is a completely different "tarmac on gravel tires", here it's a narrow and rugged road with a lot of dust and rocks on top. In Catalunya it's like a racing circuit with kerbs, not much pollution. In Catalunya he's good because he can preserve the tyres. After that tarmac stretch you have still many kilometres to go on gravel.

EDIT: I didn't notice you meant the power stage. Well, that's also a narrow road which will likely get polluted, and the stage is so short that there's no tyre preserving issues.
    Last edited by AnttiL; 3rd June 2021 at 09:38.

Liked 12,238 Times in 5,261 Posts
    Suninen got up to speed finally
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 591 Times in 314 Posts
    I like it. it's nice that sardinia adds some flavor. maybe they want to add some uniqueness (like some hidden mixed surface character) to stay in the calendar for the future...

Liked 3,802 Times in 1,690 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Gryazin was also "not nominated" in Monte.

It's a bit confusing still. Now on alllive they talk all the time that he is "WRC2" but in all documents and shakedown startlist he is listed as not WRC2.

That should mean that he starts tomorrow after all WRC2 and all WRC3 which would mean very different road conditions (cleaner from soft gravel, but also likely very rough)
    No. Gryazin is P2, only not scoring points in WRC2. So starting order will be normal.

6. Likes: pantealex (3rd June 2021)

Liked 16,103 Times in 6,991 Posts
    "This is the usual refrain for me: we arrive at an event where we will certainly have great difficulties in opening the road. Over time, I learned to take a step back from this situation. I put it into perspective, but we knows it's not going to be a pleasant weekend. It's going to be difficult to find portions to our advantage. It's no use torturing your mind with this, you'll have to fight and take risks to go look for points despite everything, "says Sébastien Ogier at our microphone.

The French still occupies the head of the world championship. He won in Sardinia in 2013, 2014 and 2015. "I haven't won for a few years here, partly because of the sweep, but also because there were some fights, like with Neuville in 2018. The Power Stage completely stoned is no longer there, I admit I won't miss it. They announce little wind, we risk being far from the outposts from the first day. There are quite a few difficulties with it. the tires now. There are concerns about their survival this weekend. No one is immune, but if there are unforeseen events with the tires, maybe it can help us to compensate for the fact of opening the road. We changed things on the car from Portugal. I'm confident enough to say that it will be better here, "he continues.

Before concluding: "We are expecting a lot of heat, but there are not too many long specials this year. Physically, I am not preparing myself more specifically for this rally than for another. It is a regular training. I'm not worried, it should do it. I'm not too much of a runner. For cardio, I prefer cycling. I see a coach regularly to do muscle building and avoid pain suffered by the body with shocks and constraints."
    https://www.rtbf.be/sport/moteurs/ra...le?id=10774963

Liked 16,103 Times in 6,991 Posts

10. Likes: Ha3aP (3rd June 2021)
    Liked 1,136 Times in 609 Posts
    After all those years we still have ogier complaining that he's in the lead of the championship.

Perhaps he could try to crash out some in monte carlo more if he doesn't like to be at the front.

12. Likes: AndyRAC (3rd June 2021)