Page 287 of 344 FirstFirst ... 187237277285286287288289297337 ... LastLast
Results 2,861 to 2,870 of 3437
    Liked 3,797 Times in 1,983 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    Meeke hasn't been stellar this year but he's been far from the total Trainwreck everyone makes him out to be.
    He had issues (puncture or crashes) in 8 out of 9 rallies, the only one where he didn't have an issue was Sweden where he ended 6th without pace. Sure Toyotas have had a few punctures this year, but Meeke had definitely most.

The main issue though is the "second crashes" when there is no real pressure: Corsica SS5, Portugal PS and Finland Sunday.

Again it's the same arguments: "he is fast", "he can win any rally". It is called World Rally Championship, the ultimate goal is not to win a rally or two a season, but to win the championship either for drivers or for teams. As a championship driver he is a trainwreck this year.
    This is teampoints brought by drivers this year (note that drivers in 2-car teams have a bit of an advantage in this statistic):
    1 Tänak 151
    2 Ogier 134
    3 Neuville 121
    4 Evans 74 (-1 start)
    5 Suninen 72
    6 Lappi 64
    7 Mikkelsen 63 (-2 starts)
    8 Sordo 51 (-4 starts)
    9 Meeke 44
    10 Latvala 43
    11 Loeb 12 27 (-4 starts)

------------------------

Anyway he has tough times ahead in next 2 rallies. His record in Germany is a disaster with 12th as best result with a crash in every WRC start and he has never driven in Turkey at this location.

2. Likes: Allez Andruet (7th August 2019),AnttiL (7th August 2019),EstWRC (7th August 2019),meh (7th August 2019),steve.mandzij (7th August 2019)
    Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    but how many years i have to listen this IF, IF AND IF about Meeke ? IF he hadnt had puncture, IF he hadnt crashed, IF he gets it together he will win and etc.
    Fully agree. There's no denying Meeke's potential, that's obvious, and yes, he's had some bad luck as well, but no-one has unlimited amount of chances and Meeke for sure is about to have used and somewhat wasted (compared to his speed) his. He's no rookie anymore and if he hasn't matured enough till this point, what are the chances it would happen during the next 1-2 seasons? Quite slim I'd say.

And regarding JML, atleast the Finnish press makes it sound like he's relying even more on the Japanese support now than he was last year.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

4. Likes: AnttiL (7th August 2019)
    Liked 1,642 Times in 750 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wrc2017 View Post
    If only he had finished that morning loop, I think Tanak would have been under pressure, and maybe its he would have made the mistake?
    If if if... he did NOT. And because he was driving above his limits. He came to stage end, shaking and covered with swet like just came out from sauna. Compare with Tänak, he like arrived with taxi (as passenger).

If you have Toyota 1-2-3. your clear job is to keep it that way. Keep it away from main title contenders - Hyndai for manufacturers, Neuville and Ogier away from Tänak. It was all that way till it was ended because Meeke and Latvala wanted to compete with Tänak. Yes, Lappi was right there to challenge them for 2nd position, but Lappi wasn't important player for Manufacturer or Driver title. Did Meeke and Latvala really thought that they CAN beat Tänak with pure driving without any mistaks AND did they expect it is ALLOWED by Mäkinen? How many points they have already given to Neuville and Ogier...

Liked 1,642 Times in 750 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Anyway C. Clark, right now: adds some rumors about M.Martin talking (possibly about Tanak) with Hyundai and that they are willing to use a lot of money on him
    I just can not find the logic why Tänak should go to Hyndai? How do they fit there together with Neuville? One of them must accept to be number 2 in the team. Do not be number 2 in the team was the main reason for Tänak leave M-Sport. I can not see it is going to happen.

... and like always disclaimer for this kind of statements: we probably didn't see Loeb to Hyndai scenario as logical one neither.

Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meh View Post
    I just can not find the logic why Tänak should go to Hyndai? How do they fit there together with Neuville? One of them must accept to be number 2 in the team. Do not be number 2 in the team was the main reason for Tänak leave M-Sport. I can not see it is going to happen.
    I think Adamo has said that he wants to have the best drivers in his team and for that intent Tänak fits quite well. It sure doesn't sound like the best mix (Tänak-Neuville-X-Loeb) regarding the drivers' title, but then again, they're not making offers just for fun. Will be interesting.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

Liked 16,102 Times in 6,990 Posts

... and like always disclaimer for this kind of statements: we probably didn't see Loeb to Hyndai scenario as logical one neither.
    for sure all this talk its going to raise his salary for next year.

9. Likes: cali (7th August 2019),GravelBen (7th August 2019),steve.mandzij (7th August 2019)
    Liked 586 Times in 180 Posts
    If if if... he did NOT. And because he was driving above his limits. He came to stage end, shaking and covered with swet like just came out from sauna. Compare with Tänak, he like arrived with taxi (as passenger).

If you have Toyota 1-2-3. your clear job is to keep it that way. Keep it away from main title contenders - Hyndai for manufacturers, Neuville and Ogier away from Tänak. It was all that way till it was ended because Meeke and Latvala wanted to compete with Tänak. Yes, Lappi was right there to challenge them for 2nd position, but Lappi wasn't important player for Manufacturer or Driver title. Did Meeke and Latvala really thought that they CAN beat Tänak with pure driving without any mistaks AND did they expect it is ALLOWED by Mäkinen? How many points they have already given to Neuville and Ogier...
    In fact rally Finland was first time when Latvala took points away from Ogier & Neuville, Meeke never has (by overall results, didn´t count ps)

11. Likes: cali (7th August 2019)
    Liked 12,236 Times in 5,260 Posts
    Evans to miss Germany too https://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/augu...6--12-12-.html

damn shame
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

13. Likes: cali (7th August 2019)
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

The only logic is if he goes there for the money...

Liked 359 Times in 191 Posts
    Damn, that is a shame for Evans.

I hope Camilli gets a chance in the car.

16. Likes: Andre Oliveira (7th August 2019)