Hybrid View

Liked 9,380 Times in 4,992 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    How can you say it's a fact, when you have no evidence, other than Ogier claiming it was so? Ogier did need mind games, as Neuville wasn't exactly hanging around. Do people really believe that Citroen won't have sorted out a throttle fault that occurred twice last year by now? H wasn't getting the excuses in early, he was trying to make Neuville not push so hard.
    So everyone in the media, rally journos and experts, were all taken in by this lie by Ogier. Only you somehow found it wasnt true. So where is YOUR evidence ?

And did you see the decisive PS ? Neuville absolutely threw the i20 over the finish. He held nothing back and still lost time to Ogier.

Liked 265 Times in 164 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    So everyone in the media, rally journos and experts, were all taken in by this lie by Ogier. Only you somehow found it wasnt true. So where is YOUR evidence ?

And did you see the decisive PS ? Neuville absolutely threw the i20 over the finish. He held nothing back and still lost time to Ogier.
    Why nobody asks if maybe Neuville held a little back the whole weekend or just saturday and sunday.. I mean what if last year's sweeping the road will be also huge at this year's event. Then Neuville will definetly have better start than Ogier. He also say it loud that secnd place in Monte is not tragic and that will come to handy on next event.

Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post

Eddie, firstly, I am not the only one who thought he was bluffing... Neuville also said it. Secondly, stuff like this goes on all the time in all sorts of sports and certainly in motorsport. People bluff, make stuff up etc. etc.

I don't have evidence, of course I don't... if I did, the whole world would, because I would be one of the last to know.

Yes, you're correct, Neuville gave it everything on the last stage, because he didn't believe Ogier!

Finally, if the car was as bad as he said, do you honestly think he could set the times he did? - Like you said, he still beat Neuville on the last stage... when he's driving a WRC car to the absolute limit, but with a throttle he knows may stay 20% open... come on, he would have definitely left a little in reserve so he didn't have a horrendous accident if he really did know there was an issue.

Of course I may be wrong, but this is just my opinion.

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    he still beat Neuville on the last stage
    I'm not suggesting who's right or not, just for the record Ogier seemed to make some repairs (and this is written somewhere) on the car before that stage. On the other hand he also seemed almost equal to Neuville on the first pass, so this stage seemed more to his liking/car.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

5. Likes: T16 (31st January 2019)
    Liked 2,842 Times in 1,615 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    I'm not suggesting who's right or not, just for the record Ogier seemed to make some repairs (and this is written somewhere) on the car before that stage. On the other hand he also seemed almost equal to Neuville on the first pass, so this stage seemed more to his liking/car.
    Only pic I say him "repairing" was him clicking dampers at rear...
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

7. Likes: dimviii (31st January 2019),pantealex (5th February 2019),T16 (31st January 2019)
    Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    I think you'll find that Ingrassia was on his phone too...

9. Likes: Rallyper (31st January 2019)
    Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    No-one has trust in Ogier anymore

"Q:
    You had a throttle issue today, when did you discover that? Did you think it would spoil the party?
    SO:
    Actually it started yesterday night on the road section and I started to get a strange reaction on the throttle when I was lifting – the car was going on with 20 per cent of pedal. It was not so nice, especially on stage mode. It could be tricky, we tried to check everything we could – it looks like a sensor is a bit crazy. Luckily it was still working some times, but it can catch you by surprise, so it’s also dangerous. Finally, we managed some small fix, it was not 100 per cent but at least we could finish the rally and give a last push on the power stage to keep the win. It was another busy day for my heart! The win was difficult to reach but also I didn’t know if I would finish. The sensor could be gone and this would be a bigger drama and that also adds to the emotion.
    "

But when Neuville says he doesn't trust Ogier, everyone believes Neuville. Neuville also said his puncture on last stage in Catalunya was from stone picked by Evans before him, oh well this was recorded on video at least he was just blaming someone else for his own mistake.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

11. Likes: WRC1 (31st January 2019)