Hybrid View

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B View Post
    Now everything seems centered about all live, but I really wonder how many (or few) people are watching it. I'm a big fan, have a subscription, but apart from the powerstages I've seen maybe 3 or 4 stages live on it, this year...
    Similar here here, mostly because i’m working a lot of the time during a rally. Being able to follow an event from start to finish isn’t really going to fit with most people’s lives, but the powerstage format on a Sunday is really perfect for live TV and the casual fan.

But are there any countries around the world where this is available for free on a main tv channel? In the UK we have live or strong highlights packages on major tv channels for F1, FE, Formula Sexist, BTCC.. so it’s not a motorsport issue.

Powerstage is an entertaining and spectacular tv product and the promoter should concentrate on getting this in front of as many eyeballs as possible to provide good value for the manufacturers and sponsors and to draw more people in to purchasing their All-Live product.

2. Likes: AndyRAC (12th June 2022)
    Liked 669 Times in 322 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    Similar here here, mostly because i’m working a lot of the time during a rally. Being able to follow an event from start to finish isn’t really going to fit with most people’s lives, but the powerstage format on a Sunday is really perfect for live TV and the casual fan.

But are there any countries around the world where this is available for free on a main tv channel? In the UK we have live or strong highlights packages on major tv channels for F1, FE, Formula Sexist, BTCC.. so it’s not a motorsport issue.

Powerstage is an entertaining and spectacular tv product and the promoter should concentrate on getting this in front of as many eyeballs as possible to provide good value for the manufacturers and sponsors and to draw more people in to purchasing their All-Live product.
    I'm not sure that's so true...

F1 highlights are on C4, WRC is on ITV4. So it's fairly comparable.

Formula E is behind the red button on C4 if it's there at all.... It gets constantly bounced around. It may as well no exist.

Liked 630 Times in 337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post

I can't imagine a 90 minute power stage would work with 20 minute's worth of ad breaks. Promoter is happy selling the sponsors it has to the customers it has rather then giving it away. Don't forget there are WRC highlights on ITV4 too, just mid-week and now later at night.