Thread: Hyundai WRT

Hybrid View

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    I stick to my idea that all those changes will not bring any good.
    Lineup changes make sense only in some cases (like for example if you have a half program for some rookie), otherwise you only affect the confidence of drivers, you give them even more pressure and sense of precariety, don't give them time or means to learn from mistakes.
    Last but not least, I can't recall any swapping-lineup team winning anything in the last 10 years and I fear they could be more.

Also, I think that they have to do something with their car. It seems that it can be driven only from Neuville. I've never believed that Mikkelsen has became all of a sudden a mediocre driver. Paddon had his own problems for sure but he was a better driver before new i20. Also Loeb seems not much comfortable.
    It would be ok if Neuville won championships but he isn't...

2. Likes: Marcco (19th February 2019),rhm (19th February 2019),skarderud (19th February 2019),WUff1 (19th February 2019)
    Liked 3,797 Times in 1,983 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    Also, I think that they have to do something with their car. It seems that it can be driven only from Neuville. I've never believed that Mikkelsen has became all of a sudden a mediocre driver. Paddon had his own problems for sure but he was a better driver before new i20. Also Loeb seems not much comfortable.
    It would be ok if Neuville won championships but he isn't...
    But you can read into this latest decision in two ways

1. Let's keep on swapping drivers and saying the car is fine (this was certainly Nandan's policy, both in words and in not introducing any changes on tarmac for a year even after 2017 Spain and 2018 Corsica). Neuville started to get vocal against this when Loeb was signed.

2. We need to change the car and in the meantime have to maximize points (=Sordo in "old" car)

4. Likes: Sulland (20th February 2019)