Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
Yes, it was an interesting listen - and raises a few questions.
While one can understand the service park/ 'F1 Paddock' set up, I feel it's all a bit over the top - and a case of each team trying to outdo each other. However, whilst the idea of having tour buses instead of the current buildings makes sense - the current WRC event set up is built around the service park, and has been since the DR inspired 'takeover' in the late 90s/early 00s. It would be quite a change for them to change things.

There is a saying 'adapt or die' - can/will the WRC adapt to future challenges - or are they stuck in the same mindset they have been for the last 15+ years?
@Andyrac / @sniper please stop thinking outside the box. It’s not allowed and nobody will listen.

Seriously, I wouldn’t be surprised if Colin Clark pics up some ideas from here, as much as I like the chap, I’m not convinced his ability to consider the sport in any way extends beyond the rally car crossing the finish line and what he has to say (check out his Finland testing review!).

Couldn’t agree more about the service park and it’s been scratching stay without it coming to the fore in my mind, but yes, totally agree... we just don’t need it as it is in this sport.