Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post

Btw, even if WRC events became shorter after Gr.B, the real revolution was at the beginning of the 00’s, when Mr. Richard took ISC control and imposed the single service park, the clover leaf format, the 9 to 5 schedule and Sunday’s mini leg. All this, allegedly, to bring TV and mass media into WRC; 17 years after we’re still looking for them…
Exactly! Events were still a proper test - what I'd still define as Rallying; rather than what we have now which is almost Rally-lite. It is the equivalent of turning the Le Mans 24 Hours into the 6 Hours of Le Mans on the Bugatti circuit.

And I remember the uproar from certain writers bemoaning the changes. The teams & manufacturers were pleased as they were promised riches beyond belief; TV & sponsor money would roll in and WRC would threaten F1 in the global market.

Er, it didn't really happen - it was unsustainable. And we're not really any further on 17 years later.

I agree with RallyPower; you can keep most events as they are, fine no issues. However, some can become a short, sharp sprint event; Thursday/ Friday night SSS, followed by maybe 1 day of intense action - you could even repeat the stages in the reverse direction. Drivers are fitter than they've ever been, and if a driver can do a non stop 2-3 hour stint in an Endurance race, then a top WRC driver shouldn't have a problem with an intense day of action broken up between stages. You design the event so there aren't driver tiredness/ health issues.