Hybrid View

Liked 1,254 Times in 682 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by manthey View Post
    he needs more time to practice and improve. he is a superb driver but one season was not enough also for him.
    also toyota know that
    Whilst he's a multiple WRC champion, it's also possible that he's just not suited to Endurance circuit racing. He wasn't quick, and was making mistakes....Toyota will have the data, and will know whether he's capable of improving. Not all top drivers are versatile.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

2. Likes: dimviii (19th September 2023),focus206 (19th September 2023)
    Liked 846 Times in 391 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    Whilst he's a multiple WRC champion, it's also possible that he's just not suited to Endurance circuit racing. He wasn't quick, and was making mistakes....Toyota will have the data, and will know whether he's capable of improving. Not all top drivers are versatile.
    If Ogier wanted to keep chasing a hypercar seat for Le Mans, he could have completed last season, instead of leaving the LMP2 team after Le Mans. So I think he either understood he's not quick enough for hypercar (even though he could maybe find an agreement with the slower hypercar teams such as Glickenhaus or ByKolles) or he's so arrogant to believe he doesn't need practice in LMP2 and is ready for a hypercar seat. I think the first option is more plausible.

4. Likes: EstWRC (19th September 2023)
    Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by focus206 View Post
    If Ogier wanted to keep chasing a hypercar seat for Le Mans, he could have completed last season, instead of leaving the LMP2 team after Le Mans. So I think he either understood he's not quick enough for hypercar (even though he could maybe find an agreement with the slower hypercar teams such as Glickenhaus or ByKolles) or he's so arrogant to believe he doesn't need practice in LMP2 and is ready for a hypercar seat. I think the first option is more plausible.
    In the interviews he was very self critical at that time so I think he felt he was out of place. He completed Le Mans so he can put a checkmark on that and return to rally.

6. Likes: TWRC (20th September 2023)