Hybrid View

Junior Member Average Sim Racer's Avatar
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    You are sounding a bit like Bagwan dude... with your conspiracy theory... except he wouldn't agree with you as he reckons Merc are just sandbagging for effect and will still go on to take both titles... hey he could well be right, there is a microscopic possibilty of that being the case, I just don't see it as being very likely... or yours, no offence.

I don't think any team member in their right mind could be bought by a rival team and I dont think any team would try it because if rumbled/grassed on, the financial implications of being booted out of the championship for a year and multi million dollar fine... as well as having the cheat label destroy the brand... just makes it non financially viable. Nor could I see Merc trying to pull a stunt like that tbh.
    I don't think it is likely either. Hence, I feel what Horner explained was the truth and the headline twisted it. But not for the reasons you listed as there have been many weird in team cheating attempts that never made sense if they were caught and penalised to the full extent.

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Average Sim Racer View Post
    I don't think it is likely either. Hence, I feel what Horner explained was the truth and the headline twisted it. But not for the reasons you listed as there have been many weird in team cheating attempts that never made sense if they were caught and penalised to the full extent.
    Horner cannot see the truth if it smacked him in the face. The crash bills are beginning to hurt Redbull and as usual, he points an angry finger at the FIA and F1M. It is ridiculous to even suggest that Mercedes was responsible in some way for the poor pitstop of Redbull. It is offensive to Mercedes to make such a suggestion. I think you should think carefully before you post.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare