Hybrid View

Liked 131 Times in 60 Posts
    If you think Acropolis will be light and smooth you are fooled...
    it will have its character even with the shorter route...

2. Likes: pantealex (27th June 2021)
    Liked 195 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by atsiotras79 View Post
    If you think Acropolis will be light and smooth you are fooled...
    it will have its character even with the shorter route...
    I drove on Sunday on these two Acropolis stages. Both of these roads have been fully re-constructed in many places and they are not the same as they were. The only things that are the same are the scenery and the name.
    To give an accurate picture, the main characteristic of Pavlini before re-construction was that its uphill section, up to the 8th km, was full of stones planted in the road that made it very hard to drive and the downhill section was full of big dips and water-trenches that could break the car or send it to the trees. The stage was really tough and the driver had to protect the car in both these sections in many places. These do not exist any more. On Sunday, the planted stone sections were no more than 50 m and there was not even one water-trench. The driving, even with only one pass in recce, was without the slightest need for protection. It was a very smooth and light rally, much smoother than Sparti sprint or old Amaliada sprint.
    As I have been informed, the same re-construction is happening to Tarzan and the other stages. If this information is correct, then it is not Acropolis. At least, 2021 Pavliani and Pirgos are not.

P.S. It happens that I have participated in three Acropolis in the past and watched thirty and so maybe I can tell the difference.
    Last edited by scn; 27th June 2021 at 04:10.

4. Likes: bisak (26th June 2021)
    Liked 245 Times in 101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scn View Post
    I drove on Sunday on these two Acropolis stages. Both of these roads have been fully re-constructed in many places and they are not the same as they were. The only things that are the same are the scenery and the name.
    To give an accurate picture, the main characteristic of Pavlini before re-construction was that its uphill section, up to the 8th km, was full of stones planted in the road that made it very hard to drive and the downhill section was full of big dips and water-trenches that could brake the car or send it to the trees. The stage was really tough and the driver had to protect the car in both these sections in many places. These do not exist any more. On Sunday, the planted stone sections were no more than 50 m and there was not even one water-trench. The driving, even with only one pass in recce, was without the slightest need for protection. It was a very smooth and light rally, much smoother than Sparti sprint or old Amaliada sprint.
    As I have been informed, the same re-construction is happening to Tarzan and the other stages. If this information is correct, then it is not Acropolis. At least, 2021 Pavliani and Pirgos are not.

P.S. It happens that I have participated in three Acropolis in the past and watched thirty and so maybe I can tell the difference.
    mimimimimi.....STOP moaning! I would be more than happy if WRC comes to my Country NO matter on wich roads! Be happy that Grecce is part of the WRC again, or stay away from the rallye, sit at home and watch Vides from your good old days...
    Juha Kankkunen: "The speed was o.K., but the corner was to tight"
    Marcus Grönholm: "... tell corrado .... three gears are enough..! "

6. Likes: pantealex (27th June 2021)
    Liked 195 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRC1 View Post
    mimimimimi.....STOP moaning! I would be more than happy if WRC comes to my Country NO matter on wich roads! Be happy that Grecce is part of the WRC again, or stay away from the rallye, sit at home and watch Vides from your good old days...
    Read again what I wrote and fix your attitude, especially when not face to face.

8. Likes: AndyRAC (26th June 2021),bisak (26th June 2021)