Quote Originally Posted by henners88 View Post
You can't stop someone flipping out and hurting people, but in this case it could have been a whole lot worse had he used a gun. At least with a knife you have a chance to fend off your attacker as they have to be in close proximity to the victim. Unless they are some kind of ninja knife throwing maniac. If he'd strolled down the hall popping people off from 20 feet away with a pistol or automatic weapon, you have less of a chance. A gun is deadly in the wrong hands and allows a very quick and effective way of killing people as we know from all these shootings that seem to be happening. Of course the real question is why are these kids doing this? What on earth is the society doing to put this sort of action in their heads? Mental.

Hopefully the injured people will recover without a fatal outcome. Finger crossed muckers.
Take an adolescent, with lots of strange hormones running around, add a negative sense of self worth and failure to fit into their peer group and you've got the basis for those kids. Now add in the national media playing it all up as the story of the year and you have just provided the incentive for them to go out in a blaze of glory "showing the world who I am and they shouldn't have messed with me and I'll make them be sorry" and, bingo, you've got your teenage mass murderer.