Hybrid View

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janneppi View Post
    IMO the Williams team order was unnecessary, or applied the the wrong way. I don't think Bottas was that much faster than Massa to challenge Button, if he was, he would have been on Massa's behind to push him.
    Yes, 100% yes!
    If Bottas had made some moves on Massa, was on much fresher tyres and clearly much quicker I'd probably back the team order but telling Fellipe to move over because Bottas had fresher tyres (only 2 laps worth!) did not cut it for me.
    I think Massa did the right thing. I feel Bottas only deserved to take Massas place if he overtook him fair and square on this occasion.
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Yes, 100% yes!
    If Bottas had made some moves on Massa, was on much fresher tyres and clearly much quicker I'd probably back the team order but telling Fellipe to move over because Bottas had fresher tyres (only 2 laps worth!) did not cut it for me.
    I think Massa did the right thing. I feel Bottas only deserved to take Massas place if he overtook him fair and square on this occasion.
    Yes exactly right. They were on the same strategy - as you say only 2 laps difference between their tyres, and they were on the more durable tyre as well if I recall correctly, so those 2 laps would make minimal difference. To me it looks like weak leadership on the Williams pit wall: they told Massa to pull over because Bottas had complained so much.

Liked 648 Times in 513 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyL View Post
    Yes exactly right. They were on the same strategy - as you say only 2 laps difference between their tyres, and they were on the more durable tyre as well if I recall correctly, so those 2 laps would make minimal difference. To me it looks like weak leadership on the Williams pit wall: they told Massa to pull over because Bottas had complained so much.
    I have to agree Andy. I read in James Allen’s article that Massa was also running hot, and that if Buttas couldn't pass Button they were going to switch the places back, that IMO is micro managing their races which I don't like or even want to hear about TBH. Massa was ahead in the closing stages of probably the most physically demanding race of the season and was asked to give it up like a punk, not cool IMO

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    if Buttas couldn't pass Button
    Is this your idea of an insult
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Baggie, I don't agree with your with your assessment of the Massa-Buttass controversy. In fact I have new found respect for Felipe. If he would have taken that order the way it was presented it would have been total humiliation IMO. I'm quite happy FM didn't roll over and take it like a punk!
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post
    Is this your idea of an insult
    Just some playfull clowning dawg!

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    Baggie, I don't agree with your with your assessment of the Massa-Buttass controversy. In fact I have new found respect for Felipe. If he would have taken that order the way it was presented it would have been total humiliation IMO. I'm quite happy FM didn't roll over and take it like a punk! Just some playfull clowning dawg!
    Bottas may well be a dick , but he was faster .
    Mousa had his chance to get Button , and couldn't .

All this pussy "insensitive way it was done" crap is just that . Crap .

They should have said "Get the hell out of the way and let your team mate give it a try" .

If he would have taken that order , he would have been working for the good of the team , as a good team leader .
    He could have said so when interviewed , and would have been instantly lauded for his effort for the team by the team .

They said they would have reversed the order if Bottas had not been able to make the Button pass , and they may well have done so .
    All they have now is a pouting little whiner and a load of yack about those "unfair" Ferrari days .

This won't be the last time it happens , either .
    "Nearly man" will do it again , and it won't be good for the team .

Fire the wee turd before he wrecks a good run .

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    How do you know this? All we can tell from the timing is that he was faster than Button.

He complained about having more pace than Massa earlier in the race too, when they were behind the other McLaren, but that turned out not to be the case: Massa pulled away from him after Magnussen pitted.

Can anyone think of cases in the past where a driver has been told to concede a place on the basis that his team-mate is going to do a better job of overtaking the driver in front? Or more to the point, an occasion when a driver has followed such an order?
    At Monza 2011, for example, I don't recall McLaren ordering Hamilton to pull over and let Button have a go at Schumacher after he'd caught them both.
    Last edited by AndyL; 1st April 2014 at 14:40.

Mousa had his chance to get Button , and couldn't .

All this pussy "insensitive way it was done" crap is just that . Crap .

They should have said "Get the hell out of the way and let your team mate give it a try" .

If he would have taken that order , he would have been working for the good of the team , as a good team leader .
    He could have said so when interviewed , and would have been instantly lauded for his effort for the team by the team .

They said they would have reversed the order if Bottas had not been able to make the Button pass , and they may well have done so .
    All they have now is a pouting little whiner and a load of yack about those "unfair" Ferrari days .

This won't be the last time it happens , either .
    "Nearly man" will do it again , and it won't be good for the team .

I'm not buying it Baggie. It is not worth 4 points in the second race of the season to ask a guy to punk out. How can anyone say that Bottas was faster than Phil-dawg (or Button) when Massa held him off quite handily? I also don't think they informed FM that he would get the place back if VB failed to pass Jense. The comment that you paraphrased was made after the race and smells of BS justification to me. Of course I respect your opinion, but I don't think I would like working for you.
    BTW I think that a blow hard petty tyrant is the real puss…..
    How do you like those beans daddy-o
    Last edited by Tazio; 1st April 2014 at 15:21.

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts

Have you by any chance missed a few of your anger management classes?
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю