Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast
    Liked 16,104 Times in 6,991 Posts
    @wrc1 nice photos mate!

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    In my opinion the best comparison will come in Ypres and Barum. With Loix and Kopecký Škoda was unbeatable there. If Pugs will be faster then these two there it would be all clear. Also both these events are very high speed...
    Loix at Ypres and Kopecký at Barum have so much 'experience' of the local roads that they will be able to compensate in some measure for power differential so I'd still expect them to win (Breen has only done both events once IIRC). The fairest comparison will be Circuit of Ireland. Breen doesn't have any significant experience of rallying in Ulster which will have some significant high speed sections, let's see how he goes against the opposition there. I was surprised from the pickems that so few people gave Breen and Abbring much chance. Both are very quick but have previously been given less competitive machinery than their contemporaries. My view is that the Pug is probably better than the Fiesta and clearly better than the S2000s but in Breen and Abbring they have a team that will use the equipment well.
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Liked 11,242 Times in 4,460 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory View Post
    Loix at Ypres and Kopecký at Barum have so much 'experience' of the local roads that they will be able to compensate in some measure for power differential so I'd still expect them to win.
    That's exactly what I meant. If there is really a significant difference in machinery we will clearly see it on these two events. The nice example is 2012 when local king Loix with Pug was not able to stop Hänninen in Ypres despite Hänninen's poor previous record on the event.

CoI won't show much in my opinion. None of ERC regulars knows the event well so there is too much uncertainties about driver's performance. In fact Breen is the only one who did it in the past.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 3,317 Times in 1,748 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory View Post
    I was surprised from the pickems that so few people gave Breen and Abbring much chance. Both are very quick but have previously been given less competitive machinery than their contemporaries.
    I'm sorry, but it's not true. Breen had works Pug 207 S2000 in last year's ERC and was constantly slower than Bouffier in a private 207. Up until Acropolis he has never won even a single rally in ERC. Also Andreucci's stage times in Ciocco were very disappointing, so most people didn't believe in the combination of Breen and 208 R5 being quick in Greece. Nothing surprising about it. Surprise was that Breen won
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 9,419 Times in 5,019 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z View Post
    I'm sorry, but it's not true. Breen had works Pug 207 S2000 in last year's ERC and was constantly slower than Bouffier in a private 207. Up until Acropolis he has never won even a single rally in ERC. Also Andreucci's stage times in Ciocco were very disappointing, so most people didn't believe in the combination of Breen and 208 R5 being quick in Greece. Nothing surprising about it. Surprise was that Breen won
    No, that isnt fair. Breen was beaten by Bouffier last year in a very similar car, BUT Bouffier had and has a huge amount more experience. Breen set fastest stage times on some events and often lost time through punctures and minor offs, not that much on sheer pace. And it was his very first ERC season on events he was driving for the first time.

And he didnt win an ERC event as they were almost all dominated by Kopecky - a better, far more experienced driver, in the top car (the Skoda which has won for years).

This time it was a more level playing field for Breen with a competitive car, some more experience (although not driven Greece before) and he won fair and square.
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 827 Times in 374 Posts
    Breen had I think always an extensive test before every rally.

Liked 1,064 Times in 465 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    No, that isnt fair. Breen was beaten by Bouffier last year in a very similar car, BUT Bouffier had and has a huge amount more experience. Breen set fastest stage times on some events and often lost time through punctures and minor offs, not that much on sheer pace. And it was his very first ERC season on events he was driving for the first time.

And he didnt win an ERC event as they were almost all dominated by Kopecky - a better, far more experienced driver, in the top car (the Skoda which has won for years).

This time it was a more level playing field for Breen with a competitive car, some more experience (although not driven Greece before) and he won fair and square.

Abbring was faster than him until his car broke down though...
    SimRace Vereniging Nederland
    www.srvn.nl

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mousti View Post
    Breen had I think always an extensive test before every rally.
    As you would expect of a works driver preparing notes for future use, very similar to Ogier's Fabia year.

By the way I'm a big admirer of Abbring so this year will see both the Pugistes scoring wins I'm sure
    Last edited by Mintexmemory; 3rd April 2014 at 22:56.
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!