Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

How to get labor day back at darlington...

Much as i love plate racing, at this point, this seems an appropriate solution...

Since california needs two dates as per NASCAR, take the fall california date and give it back to darlington.

then give the fall talladega date to california

then give the spring talladega date to homestead (or with a little rearranging - Las Vegas)

then close talladega superspeedway, because after the absolutely shameful display at the end of the race yesterday, those stupid f*cks in Alabama don't deserve to see a race.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blakebeatty
    . . . then close talladega superspeedway, because after the absolutely shameful display at the end of the race yesterday, those stupid f*cks in Alabama don't deserve to see a race.
    Got to agree.
    DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Why move the Darlington race back to Labor Day other than tradition? They are selling out on Mother's Day weekend, something he didn't do most years on Labor Day weekend. Also, don't blame Alabama for the display on Sunday, if I remember correctly, the same thing happened in Phoenix last week. There are idiots in every state in the US.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    blow up California Speedway, move Darlington back to Labor Day, and put Rockingham back in the spring or move them up later in the year
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    -Remove one race from California
    -Move Darlington back to Labor Day Weekend
    -Give Iowa the saturday night before Mothers Day date
    -Move the first Richmond race to the saturday night before Easter Sunday
    -Give Rockingham the first race of May date
    Cup - Stewart, Kahne & Labonte
    IRL - Hornish, Castroneves & Dixon
    F1 - Alonso, Hamilton & Räikkönen

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Remove the fall race from Fontana.
    Move Texas to Labor Day
    Give Darlington a second race -- the Last Race of the Year, Nextel Cup Championship and T. Wayne Robertson Memorial Grand Slam Cup. (Daytona 500, Aaron's 499, Coca-Cola 600 others.)
    In Christ,
    Bobby

Deuteronomy 31:6-8

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NASCARWidow
    Also, don't blame Alabama for the display on Sunday, if I remember correctly, the same thing happened in Phoenix last week. There are idiots in every state in the US.
    Yes, there were things thrown on the track at Phoenix, but no where near the magnitude of Talladega. I was over in turn 1 at Phoenix and all I saw was a water bottle coming out of the stands at Gordon’s car. I'm sure I missed a few of the items coming out of the stands, but it isn't fair to compare the two IMO. PIR doesn’t allow alcoholic beverages as carry-ins, but you can buy beer inside.
    I'm choosing Joey Logano as my avatar. I feel he is a worthy ally.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Some states have a "no alcohol may be brought into the stadium" policy. Others have a policy banning beer sales if you bring your own beer. Still other race tracks are "dry" because of their county.

I do believe a "no alcohol in glass or metal containers" policy should be instituted, as should selling alcohol exclusively in paper or plastic cups, and too a No Alcohol policy after the following (Last Call: No Alcohol):

Daytona - 100/130 (500), 80/100 (400)
    Fontana - 125/187
    Las Vegas, Joliet, Kansas, Homestead - 167/200
    Atlanta - 163/240
    Bristol - 200/300*
    Martinsville - 200/325**
    Texas - 167/240
    Phoenix - 156/186
    Talladega - 80/120
    Richmond and Dover - 175/250
    Darlington - 185/250 (500), 147/184 (400)
    Lowe's - Start of main event (NASC), 200/267 (600), 167/240 (500)
    Pocono and Michigan - 100/140
    Infineon - 40/65
    Watkins Glen-45/60

NOTE: To ensure a legitimate alcohol cutoff because of the time it takes to run 100 laps or 100 miles at the respective tracks, I have written some cutoffs moved earlier to guarantee outright alcohol bans for at least 45 minutes before the end of the race. As a rule, the ban is for the last 125-150 miles of the race, or one hour before a race could end in theory. Phoenix, Talladega, and Daytona, where incidents have taken place, have stricter alcohol cutoffs. Lowe's would have a no alcohol policy once the Nextel All-Star Challenge starts.

Busch races should ban all sales after halfway.
    In Christ,
    Bobby

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    All I know is if the idiots in Bama aren't careful, beer will be just banned and THAT will have em screaming.

I would love to see one less race at Fontana, I would love to see better tracks than Vegas, Kansas and Chicagoland on the sched, for I find them boring, but the fans there are supporting the series, so I guess we are stuck with those lame layouts with great fans. Darlington is one of my favourites, so I WANT them to have two dates, but Labor day wasn't selling out, and that makes me kind of sad, because when you read the history of NASCAR, the first big race was that Southern 500. It is the roots of the sport in the same way Martinsville is......
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    And not just Labor Day wasn't selling out, they were probably going to sell out their second race in 2004 when the court struck down the Southern 500 after NASCAR gave it a push into Crunch Time for the Beach to Beach Showdown. If the weather was better in November 2004 we probably would have seen a sellout, and if NASCAR had been patient, it would have been the last race of the year. It would be like playing for the NFL Championship at Lambeau Field.

Think of the credential requests at that Southern 500, knowing that the the drivers would have to battle for the title at NASCAR's version of the U. S. Open.

Denny Hamlin showed NASCAR the brilliance of a star on the rise when he finished ninth in his very first Busch race on that Southern 500 weekend, and NASCAR saw the Grand Marshal for that Southern 500, Shaun White, demonstrate extreme sports. Fifteen months later White would be holding gold in Turin.

Who could imagine if the Southern 500 returned with another young future Olympic gold medalist as the Grand Marshal, with the title on the line?

Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson, and Denny Hamlin would all be for a second race at Darlington, in the Chase, and eliminate one of the "TPC" tracks.
    In Christ,
    Bobby