Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Racing Today

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bravheart
    Thanks, yes your right! its was my 1st podium, and to think i took the postion on the very Last Lap! and at Turn 1!!!! which many of you may recall
    I HIT Very Hard in June 2005.

You could say "That ghost has now been laid to rest" at last!!!
    I remember that hit very well - glad to see it hasn't had a lasting effect!
    Marshal

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deadsquirrel
    I remember that hit very well - glad to see it hasn't had a lasting effect!
    Thanks!

I have to say, its taken a little longer than i would have liked to gain my confidence totally through Turn 1 again, But with a little help from my team Mate Mr Lee O'Keefe! That 1 was for YOU!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I would just like to say that I have been to a few races in my time and I really enjoyed Sunday's race. Well done Rookie Rob, a great job.

Congratulations to Shane for getting his car back out on the track and to Colin for first place..
    :cat:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What to say... I absolutely loved it (except the cold in the morning!). Another trip from Switzerland that was absolutely worth it!

I think that the "non-aggression pact" for the first 15 laps of the V8 races is a brilliant idea. New drivers get to practice racing side by side, passing on the inside and outside, and that cannot be bad, given the little amount of practice the drivers get.

The cars look closer than last year. I think I heard Colin White say that they all have the same shocks, which certainly helps. Another good decision.

Pickups were mental as usual (how many donuts did Gavin get? he almost deserves to be called "Homer" for that ...)

AND... The V8Thunder stickers on the 59 car were the icing on the cake! Thanks for that!!!

Roll on June...
    Folco Banfi
    www.v8thunder.com Trucks Series Director

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    There was an opportunity to have extra practice on Friday, but none of the teams took part.......

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inamo
    There was an opportunity to have extra practice on Friday, but none of the teams took part.......
    inamo

Perhaps you would like to pick up the bill for all the teams for the next practice!!
    EX Chevvy V8 Owner (Shame really :-()

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Where exactly was the pass holders car park please?
    Roll on the 2009 Daytona 500!!!!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiesse
    Firstly, it was a little confusing as to the location of the pass holder's car park, but all you had to do was wind down your window & ask (as I did). I was pleased with the car park's location, definately makes things a little easier.
    Where exactly did you find the season pass holders car park?
    We were directed to the normal car park where we asked the car park attendant and he simply said something like 'in with everyone else!' We then asked another car park attendant (the one at the top of the main entrance road in) and he said go through the main gate and in there. So we went to the person on the gate and he said he hadn't got a clue, but the sticker was on the board on the gate and so he let us through.

We rode down the back of the main grandstand, hadn't got a clue where to park, so we went back out again!

It would've been nice if someone knew where it actually was. I know we can't have been the only ones confused, as the stewards didn't even seem to know where exactly it was!

Ok rant over! So if someone knows where it is could you inform us all please? If not I hope they know where they are sending us at the next meeting!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    These attendants really don't know there elbow from another part of there anatomy! A BRSCC official who required a lift into the inner paddock asked one of the chosen where the marshals minibus left from only to be told "dunno, but a minibus has just left with some workmen wearing orange overalls in it"
    Somewhere else in 2008???:( (exept Mallory :) )

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I pointed to the sticker, and got waved down towards the gates. Had no idea where to go from there, so I stuck it in "VIP" parking, as I saw a few other cars in there with passes, (although a lot of them were orange, not blue! ). Would be good to have a sign though.
    I'm just a Fan, ok? Not affiliated to any team/driver.