Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I think It was a decent show, but Long Beach should be an exception, not a rule. Three street races in a row is too many and maybe too many period even if they were spread over 13 dates. Street races are an ineveitablity with declining attendance at a lot of race tracks. Champ Car and the IRL both have found this out over time, racing has to come to the people now if you want to get more than you hard core fan audience. If your hard core audience isn't big enough to sustain the number you need at gate, then you need to move to where you can get the casual fans.

Get used to street racing, although no car looked more painfully ill at ease then the Audi Diesels. That car was built to RUN....and Long Beach just didn't give it a chance....where as the P2's look like they were very easy to handle in the tight confines. I am enjoying this season regardless, and I will be watching with interest the ALMS boys at Houston....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by harvick#1
    1-2-3 overall in tonights ALMS race

Penske Porsche took a 1-2 finish with car#7 winning

Dyson's #16 took 3rd and sister car finished 5th overall and 5th in class.

The Audi R10 lost its first race, but still won in class.

B-K motorsports was running great and I was ashamed to see them have troubles. they were running right with the Penske Porsches.
    Wasn't Andretti-Green second?? I was sure thy were.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    that was a Long Beach, in Houston AGR finished 2nd overall
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)