Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    For me it was undoubtedly Bottas. His racecraft greatly impressed.

OK, he had an ill car and he went from hero to zero as he went backwards in a hurry but he put up a hell of a fight.

The outside line into the first chicane looked exceptional as many a time in the past that manoeuvre in past has seen drivers spin/taken to the grass.

Esteban and Romain could learn a thing or two from Bottas.
    Someone else who voted for Bottas as one of drivers of the day.

I too tought the way he was determined to fight Alonso and Vergne was terrific and then the move around the chicane, made sutil crack without any contact.

Its been hard to judge Bottas because he hasn't been seen much on screen this year, but looking at his drive early in the race I actually see something that may keep him in F1 a while.

If he continues to impress this season, he either needs a better Williams next year or to move teams.

We need to see him further up the field.

I mean that Williams is so poor he had little chance of staying in the points without a crazy race.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm astonished so many people rate Seb in this race. Sure, he won but if the Rsd Bull wasn't built like a tank, he could have finished his race by hitting the wall and was lucky not to spin out with his off track episode.

Good win but not DOTD.

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on
    I'm astonished so many people rate Seb in this race. Sure, he won but if the Rsd Bull wasn't built like a tank, he could have finished his race by hitting the wall and was lucky not to spin out with his off track episode.

Good win but not DOTD.
    While I agree with you, that it didn't deserve out-right DOTD honours, it still was a brilliant drive. Putting 2 seconds on everyone else in the very first lap is something that most drivers wouldn't be able to replicate, especially on tyres you don't have any confidence in. The brush with the wall was pure luck, but at least it showed people were pushing again. We didn't see many drivers making mistakes on their own in Monaco, because everybody was creeping around with a 4 seconds safety net.
    The no-spin in turn one was no luck, but calculation. He missed the braking point and since he was so far up the road, he could spare the time to go over the run-off area and lose 2 or three seconds instead of trying to wrestle the car into the corners and - then maybe - spinning.
    Best drive of the day belongs to Alonso, no contest in my opinion, but Vettel comes second to that with di Resta and his tyre whisperer routine coming third.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Ronald
    I agree with you. He is really good in race and to control his confidence in tough situations. He is expert to best manage his race to hard & fast tracks.
    Especially the style and driving skills of Hamilton and Alonso were impressive and both impressed me a lot.

Counting Scale