Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markabilly
    1. a 4 megapixel camera can take awesome photos that blow up to 8 x 10 or larger, right out of the camera.
    2. No matter how many megapixels you have, the computer screen will down rez the photo to fit the screen and a 4 megapixel will fill it up as well or better than 12 or 15.....
    3. all 4 x 6 photos printers will print at the same resolution of the 4 megapixel ( and down rez the 12 megapixel to a 4 megapixel)
    4. The overall size of the sensor plate has not increased, it has just more pixels packed in, which leads to digital noise issues, which the camera must process out of the photo to avoid murky grainy looking photos.*
    Amen to that. I'd got a 6mp D70s and it's still fantastic
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Amen to that. I'd got a 6mp D70s and it's still fantastic
    Indeed. It's strange how often you mention a camera and the first thing that people ask is "how many mp has it got?"

The one area that it's an advantage is when you want to see certain details. E.G the little point and shoot I have at work has only got a 3x optical (and no digital) zoom, but with 12mp you can blow it up on screen to get quite a decent idea of details. From a proper photography point of view this is rpetty much useless, but as I use it to take reference photos for work it's extremely helpful.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barryfullalove
    Indeed. It's strange how often you mention a camera and the first thing that people ask is "how many mp has it got?"

The one area that it's an advantage is when you want to see certain details. E.G the little point and shoot I have at work has only got a 3x optical (and no digital) zoom, but with 12mp you can blow it up on screen to get quite a decent idea of details. From a proper photography point of view this is rpetty much useless, but as I use it to take reference photos for work it's extremely helpful.
    Yes it's sadly one thing which has driven manufacturers of cameras to create cameras with higher and higher MP counts but which don't actually give you any improvement in image quality. My PC monitor can display a resolution of 2.3 MP (a standard 1280*1024 screen will give you 1.3 and a 1920*1080 screen will be 2.0 MP) so if for instance I'm putting a photo as my background, there's no difference between a 6.0 mp photo and a 12 mp photo Of course for detail a high MP count will be good, but if you want quality you will want as little noise as possible which is where a good quality sensor comes in
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Our 30D is only 8MP but you wouldn't notice. Half of the reason we're looking at a replacement is for one of us to have the old camera with a shorter zoom lens and then one of us to have the newer camera with a large lens. Sometimes it can just be a pain in the butt to be swapping when your out and about.
    My phone has an alarm clock! Ner Ner! :p

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GridGirl
    Our 30D is only 8MP but you wouldn't notice. Half of the reason we're looking at a replacement is for one of us to have the old camera with a shorter zoom lens and then one of us to have the newer camera with a large lens. Sometimes it can just be a pain in the butt to be swapping when your out and about.
    Yeah. If I every bought another camera I'd just carry it and my D70s about and have a big lens on one and a wide angle on the other.

I extremely recommend the Cannon Insurgent XT it is a fairly old photographic camera and it is ideal for a beginner it is what i use it is easy, resilient, and is amazing i am fairly sure it is about $200 or less expensive and i recommend purchasing a used one i guarantee you will drop madly in really like with it excellent luck...

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanael22
    I extremely recommend the Cannon Insurgent XT it is a fairly old photographic camera and it is ideal for a beginner it is what i use it is easy, resilient, and is amazing i am fairly sure it is about $200 or less expensive and i recommend purchasing a used one i guarantee you will drop madly in really like with it excellent luck...

For More Info Visit Here........
    Professional Protective & Polarizing Camera Lens Filters