Page 80 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3070787980
    Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    We all had loads to say about Rally GB, and now they have released a survery...

MatchDaySurveys

I guess its a start and hopefully they will learn from all the feedback!

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allyc85
    We all had loads to say about Rally GB, and now they have released a survery...

MatchDaySurveys

I guess its a start and hopefully they will learn from all the feedback!
    Missed out the most important question though!!
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Liked 1,263 Times in 684 Posts
    Filled it in, but I thought the questions were loaded. If they were really interested then I would have expected a thorough survey – it was almost as if they have already decided what they want. Or am I being cynical?

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    Filled it in, but I thought the questions were loaded. If they were really interested then I would have expected a thorough survey – it was almost as if they have already decided what they want. Or am I being cynical?
    No you're right they had already decided. Which is why I commented that I wanted to see Rally GB in another part of the UK
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Liked 1,263 Times in 684 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory
    No you're right they had already decided. Which is why I commented that I wanted to see Rally GB in another part of the UK
    Well they asked how many times had you attended RallyGB since 2002? So anything before doesn’t count then? When it was a massive event? Hmm,....

When you have the start of Le Tour in Yorkshire – but finishing Stage3 in London – the question has to be asked. Surely they have to think about including London in any future plans for the event, even if it is just a Rally fest event.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

MJW
    I wonder if DR filled the questionnaire and gave a suggestion that the whole rally should be based on London's Olympic Park stadium and car parks? The venue ticks all the right boxes, near a large population with disposable income, plenty of large hotels, restaurants and a service park large enough for the hospitality and merchandising. Then you factor in the live tv feed and large screens. Job done, 2014 anyone?

Liked 638 Times in 330 Posts
    I expected for some more meaningful questions. I don't think they will pay any attention anyway... It seems the only thing they care about is hospitality and facilities at stages, things meaningless to us Rally fans

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    First post on here, but been reading with interest for a long time..
    I answered the survey as they need to know that what they are serving up is a load of rubbish.
    Since the Sainz/spectator incident in whatever year it was in the early 2000's, the spectating experience has declined massively for me. But the cause of that incident goes back to before then when they reduced the amount of stages used, therefore concentrating all the spectators into less locations, and causing overcrowding. Coupled with that time being the height of the McRae/Burns era, it was always going to be a problem. We all know what they have done to 'control' spectating since, and its all but destroyed the event.
    Back in the 80's/90's they had in the spectator guide a star rating for each stage, that was a stealth way of directing the less experienced spectators to the stages they wanted, and where there was more parking and viewing, and by and large it worked. Those of us that we're in the know, knew that a 2 star stage was unlikely to be overrun by spectators, and to avoid a 5 star stage, certainly the main car parks..as back then we had the OS stage book to help find a nice back way in and bung the farmer a tenner to open a gate, or how far down the stage we had to walk to find a great spectating point.
    They seem to have lost sight of 'who' watches rallies, and are hell bent on enticing people from other demographics at the expense of the core support. If they create the right show, the new people will come of their own accord, and then they can direct those people in the ways of rallying, rather than change rallying to bring them in and alienate the core support.
    I don't profess to have all the answers, and I'm sure there are far more restrictions in many areas now than there was 15/20 years ago with regards to policing, and road blockages etc, but I am sure something better can be offered than what we have now..