Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What a mess

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    As the season progresses, we have to get an answer that how much the departure of Team Schumacher has affected Ferrari's form. If Ferrari can't beat McLaren at Sakhir either, then that influence is clear.
    That's a little bit far fetched, don't you think?

In the beginning of last season Ferrari struggled as well as the whole 2005 season, all with "team Schumacher" - so how would you deduct their absolute effect on the performace? You couldn't.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Ross must come back!!!
    Formula 1

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    wow! what a difference a week makes. Calm down. Ferrari is just fine. McClaren is very good and as mentioned have a 2 time WDC driving and a super fast and uncanny expereinced wunderkind driving.
    Kimmi will still be there and is still the front runner to win the WDC. The car is obviously fast. Kimmi was rev limited until the 3rd stint and Massa was just plain foolish. He should have showed more patience and would have probably overtaken lewis in due time. All the time he spent watching Michael he never learned the art of stalking the car in front ???? and then he couldn't get past Heidfeld as well as making severel braking mistakes. I'm not sure if the team was in his ear from the getgo urging him on instead of preaching patience. But if they were, then shame on them.

Massa did get the pole and kimmi was third on the grid. Rome isn't burning yet... and I am not even a Ferrari fan
    you can't argue with results.

Filming episode 18 of Bob called 'Richard, I am your father!' Bob's long lost son!
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    JT should call RB and MS back if they continue this way.
    Jim Raynor will be returning soon!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

There must be serious Ferrari discussions now, before Bahrain.

Imo is that Massa ruined both Ferrari' drivers race at the start. and then his own making mistake when he tried to pass Lewis.

I think it must be VERY close now that Massa will be degraded to a second driver in the team with his 7 points for the season. Kimi has now 16 points and doesn’t make (almost) any mistakes. He lost the Championships lead because of his team mate was fighting against him more than competitors. I think that Kimi counted that Massa will go to right in the start and try to prevent Alonso to go pass, but Massa seems to be more troubled for his team mate than for Alonso.

Ferrari has paid too much money for Kimi to have a team mate who is staying in front of him and letting the worst competitors go. Comparing with McLaren’s perfect race tactics Ferraris was like an “amateurs evening”. I hope Ferrari team realised that situation has changes and fighting must start in Bahrain, if they doesn’t do it now it’s maybe too late when racing starts in Europe. If Alonso get too big cap to Kimi he hasn’t any chance to reduce it, I’m afraid.

However congratulations to Alonso and Lewis (what a rookie !!) for a perfect race.
    Two real racers: Vettel the :champion: of 2010, 2011 and 2012 - Kimi the :champion: of 2007

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    McLaren have made up ground on Ferrari since Australia which helped, but Alonso & Hamilton were faultless today.

It's going to be a fascinating battle between the two teams throughout the year
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    When Ferrari are out in front under no pressure they are fine. However when under pressure like today it seems they are missing Schumacher and Brawn's influence. Massa lost his cool, and it was unusual to see a Ferrari come out of the pits into traffic. In fairness to Kimi, he was carrying an engine problem throughout the race, so his performance was always going to be comprimised. He still beat Massa though and at this stage Kimi is looking much the better bet for the title out of the two Ferrari drivers.

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Mackalaren (as Massa calls them) has, I suspect, been sandbagging again. All the BS about the car being one and a half seconds slower than Ferrari, then Alonso insisting that a lot of work needs to be done, and then they are faster than Ferrari.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stevewf1
    When Ferrari are out in front under no pressure they are fine. However when under pressure like today it seems they are missing Schumacher and Brawn's influence. Massa lost his cool, and it was unusual to see a Ferrari come out of the pits into traffic. In fairness to Kimi, he was carrying an engine problem throughout the race, so his performance was always going to be comprimised. He still beat Massa though and at this stage Kimi is looking much the better bet for the title out of the two Ferrari drivers.
    I'm sorry to say it, but to looking realistic to the situation.
    - i can't see that Massa is any serious threat against Alonso, because Alonso is so much better driver than Felipe and when Alonso has all ready 11 points more than Massa AND a "perfect rookie" supporting him.
    Two real racers: Vettel the :champion: of 2010, 2011 and 2012 - Kimi the :champion: of 2007

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    Mackalaren (as Massa calls them) has, I suspect, been sandbagging again. All the BS about the car being one and a half seconds slower than Ferrari, then Alonso insisting that a lot of work needs to be done, and then they are faster than Ferrari.
    So McLaren went to the first race in Melbourne and purposely allowed Kimi to win and give points away to Ferrari????