Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast
    Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Sky went off air while covering the pit lane fire. Why? For some documentary they'd shown 500 times already.

I thought the idea of a dedicated channel was that you didn't have to go off air due to some other broadcast.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    In fairness that was about half an hour longer than the BBC lasted, and there wasn't really much to do other than the pointless speculation their sister news channel has become infamous for.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    As I said in another forum, this deal that Bernie has made with Sky to cover all the races live while BBC only gets half of them live with the rest of them to be covered with highlights packages tells me that the next step, unfortunately for the ones that staunchly defend BBC, is that, in future coverage rights' deals, that Sky will take all the races live to the point that not only will BBC not get any rights to cover any races live but will not be given any rights to show any highlights packages.

When I was working in London last year at a pub, I always enjoyed working on Sunday and simultaneously being able to watch F1 on BBC (given that our pub didn't have Sky) and now I just realise just how much it would suck for not only me if I was still there but also the thousands and millions of F1 supporters over there that don't want to shell out the 30 pounds per month...

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    I was a bit concerned about the number of times Brundle and Croftie cut each other off. Especially Croftie cutting off Brundle as he was in the middle of a sentence. Anyone else pick up on that?
    Iceman: Adjective 1)Rapid, swift 2)Nickname of Kimi-Matias Räikkönen, a legendary Formula 1 driver

Hey, anyone wanting to understand F1 in layman's terms, I found this page Understanding Formula One racing
    It's not complete yet, but looks pretty good so far.
    Check it out!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by darwin553
    As I said in another forum, this deal that Bernie has made with Sky to cover all the races live while BBC only gets half of them live with the rest of them to be covered with highlights packages tells me that the next step, unfortunately for the ones that staunchly defend BBC, is that, in future coverage rights' deals, that Sky will take all the races live to the point that not only will BBC not get any rights to cover any races live but will not be given any rights to show any highlights packages.
    I'm playing the long game - I'm hoping by 2019 I'll have enough spare cash for a Sky subscription!

Besides, the way the world is going I imagine the races will be streamed online in the not too distant future through the F1 website (pay per view of course)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    am watching F1 and the support races on Sky- think they're doing a fine job with it. For me it's all about the racing I don't tend to bother with pre and post race stuff- although I did on Sunday- because Williams won the race.

Also I don't have to hope that practice replay is on red button (can simply Sky plus it) when I get home from work and of course I know the every race is live. Suspect that Bernie is more interested in money than TV ratings- if the teams get a bigger slice of TV revenue from Sky than BBC I doubt they will care whether it's FTA or not- look how wealthy Premier League football has become as a result of Sky money

Admin
    Watching Jake and DC on 'pointless' on BBC1 now.

Admin
    Just watched the McLaren animation on Sky. Don't know what to make of it. Pretty cringe worthy but funny

Not as cringey as talking to Dave Cameron. Down with da kids it seems.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Not as cringey as talking to Dave Cameron. Down with da kids it seems.
    I used that as an opportunity for a pre-race "pitstop". Loathsome man.

I've got three screens set up (about to become 4, for Wimbledon) and have both channels on. Sky's buildup is phenomenally long, as befits a dedicated channel, but it's padded out with a lot of filler and it's difficult to maintain interest.

I did like the BBC team's plane stunt, that's definately a bonus point for the Beeb.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u